Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odysseus - double wick - why?  (Read 1241 times)

cha82

Odysseus - double wick - why?
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:32:52 AM »

Hello people.  1st post - great forum.

I recently received a Nautilus V2 and built it exactly as Igetcha69's video with the doubled wick along the length of the top.

Then tried just a standard single piece of wick.

Have also tried multiple resistances and coil turns.

OCD is kicking I can't decide what I like best and keep tearing apart perfectly good builds to try something that is only slightly different.

With everything I've tried though, my usual e-liquid (Grant's Vanilla Custard) tastes very strong and slightly fruity/acidic - there is not much creamy smoothness like what I get with a Kanger Protank of all things.  Everything has been cleaned properly and I do give the coil/wick time enough to bed in.  It's the same silica I use to recoil the Protank so it can't be that...

Anyway to cut a long story short what exactly is the purpose of doubling the wick along the length of the top/coil? 

Do you have any tips for smoothing out the Odysseus vape?  I wonder if a "flavour" wick along the top of the coil like the Protank (rather through it) would help.  Have tried all combinations/adjustments of juice flow control and air control.

Sorry for such a selfish long first post.

Happy Vaping.

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
Re: Odysseus - double wick - why?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »

Welcome to the forum :)

I would say that the extra wick will provide more area to be heated by the coil and more vapour. I tend to use 3mm wick and add a 1mm short piece under the coil. I tend to have a coil just under 2 ohms

Never worry about asking questions here, there are lots of very helpful people here with lots of experience who are happy to share :)

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Re: Odysseus - double wick - why?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »

to the ECR Cha82. It's all about finding a set up the leaches the juice effectively to your style of vaping. on my ody I had settled on the double wick like Scott did in his ody tutorial but clipped the ends at the ceramic and didn't run the wicks down the channels. I found this allowed the juice to feed very well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up