Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery safety: with Vamo and in a Segelei 19  (Read 11923 times)

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
Re: Battery safety: with Vamo and in a Segelei 19
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »

I think the most dangerous thing about these sort of batteries (IMR and safe chemistry included) is the several reports I've heard from people who have foolishly carried them loose in their pockets.

If the battery shorts itself out on keys or coins then the resulting heat produced can get quite uncomfortable!

I did this recently. Not clever. Now I keep my spares in a bag.

valleys vaper

• bulli A2 TM - ego twist and passthrough batteries
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »

i ordered 2 sibeile imr 18350 batteries from amazon after having a discussion in chat, they are supposedly tested to 928 mah, they were £6.99 for the pair so i decided to give them a go,, will report back on how they do

Delivered this morning, they seem fine, 1st impression is very good, loving my mech mods in mini mode, will post again once I have recharged a couple of times but so far very impressed with these cheap batteries

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:01 AM »

Thanks Valleys, the HBK ones that came with my Vamo now need charging much more often so I'd be curious to know how these are doing after a few days of regular use

valleys vaper

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »

1st impression of these batteries is very good, they are tested to be 928 mah, and this seems to be accurate by the fact 1 battery lasts me near enough all day! ( well, nearly ), i vape about 4-6 ml per day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sibeile-900mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-Batteries/dp/B00DHD96K2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372595569&sr=8-1&keywords=18350+imr

now i have to be honest, i dont have any AW imr or Efest batteries to compare against, but when compared to my cheap ebay 18650 2400mah (no idea if they are imr, protected, unprotected or whatever) the mini 18350's are better, and at just over half the size, the price, and performance all makes me very happy with my purchase

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »

At £6.99 for two may be worth a punt.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »

being as their capacity was seemingly high in relation to general IMR standards, i did some research on them ... i am finding that there is quite the probability that they'll differ from IMR in the sense we might expect.

thats not to dispute that they may infact be good enough batteries in their own right, but as their similarities are more toward common others, they have me suspecting they may actually be those.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:05:54 PM by itsmeitis »

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

So you think they're trustfires then?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »

difficult to ascertain beyond doubt ... it would appear they do incorporate enough characteristics to qualify as being genuine IMR.

the awkward aspect arises where former IMR, inherently indicated safer characteristics and beneficial performance rates ...

'IMR' is seemingly now used in additional ways, so can forgo 'safe chemistry' and 'high discharge rate'.

i still feel the Sibeile are a potentially good battery, but might unlikely rival earlier IMR cells as we knew them.

valleys vaper

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »

ok, i may appear dumb here but what the hell...

what is IMR in relation to these batteries?, heard it mentioned loadsa times reading up on mods/recommended batteries, but tbh it all means very little to me.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 06:23:17 PM »

what is IMR in relation to these batteries?, heard it mentioned loadsa times reading up on mods/recommended batteries, but tbh it all means very little to me.

from what i can gather, the Sibeile uses LiMn2O4 at its cathode (positive terminal) so deserves IMR staus ... theirs differ from IMR principles which we tended to enjoy.

the main things that we would rely on, were safe chemistry and high amp output ... those are no longer an automatic trait of 'IMR' as limitations can exist alongside.

it would appear 'imr' is becoming more commonly emphasised as per its former appeal ... the description retains accuracy, but perhaps plays on misconception.

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »

As far as I know, IMR is the designation for a particular sort of cathode chemistry in a battery, although IMR batteries may have varying amounts of nickel compounds in their cathodes to improve the battery life-cycle too. Battery technologies are constantly improving and so present a moving technology target.

This thread is quite informative:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?325456-What-exactly-does-quot-IMR-quot-mean

The thread's author makes the statement and gives quite compelling reasons why "one cannot and should not make generalized statements about their performance, reliability or safety characteristics".

The important things to note in a battery for e-cigs are their safe peak current output, as well as their rated mAh value (which is typically measured over a low current discharge to make the figure look better) and long term performance.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »

put in simplest of terms : the Sibeile are perhaps liable to struggle where AWs might not ... there's also possibility that they could have limitation to their overall lifespan in comparison.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »

Interesting stuff. I think as ukric said earlier on, at 6.99 for a pair definitely worth a punt. The two that I have that came with the Vamo (HBK 350's) aren't that good by the looks of things. I go through at least 3 full batteries each day, sometimes 4, and I'm only vaping around 3ml per day. It would be interesting to see how the Sibeilie's last up over time tho

Have to say, all this battery stuff is like some dark art, I'll just stick with listening to wiser people's recommendations and take their word for it  ;)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 07:11:23 PM »

And thanks for the update too Valleys, appreciated!  ;D

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »

I have to agree with ilegal.
These Batteries and their subtle scientific differences can numb the brain.
I too just try and follow those in the Know.
If it has not blown them up, one would hope we get to keep an untarnished beard too.  ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up