Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery safety: with Vamo and in a Segelei 19  (Read 11953 times)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Battery safety: with Vamo and in a Segelei 19
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:51:24 PM »

Hi good ECR people, I got these two batteries for my Vamo: 2x Efest 2000mAh IMR flat top 18650 3.7v 18650 li-Ion batteries +protective case, from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Efest-2000mAh-IMR-flat-top-18650-3-7v-18650-li-Ion-batteries-protective-case-/290923212937?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item43bc5ff089&nma=true&si=p%252FWnryKpZktYPhi%252F6EJm6o7OOYE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ANyway, I just started reading about batteries and got a bit spooked and then worried as apparently Li-on batteries are meant to be more dangerous? But then IMR is meant to be a good thing so does this equal it out? Will they be safe in the Vamo?

The other thing is I've got a Segelei 19a coming in the near future - does anyone know if I can use these batteries in that? I'm assuming the Segelei is unprotected so I'm wondering whether I need to buy 'protected' batteries as well now, which will be a real pain?

I've got what I think is a decent charger - a Nightcore i4 Intellicharger that I think stops charging automatically when it gets to full charge on a battery. The Vamo also came with two little 350's (pic below) that don't say anything about being protected on them - are these not safe either?

What does anyone reckon? Am I on a train to doomsville and blown-off-face avenue if I use the batteries I've got in the Segelei?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Battery safety: with Vamo and in a Segelei 19
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »

imr = safe chemistry .... thats part of the reason why we use them ... recognised brands from validated sources, thats the ones we best trust.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:55 PM »

Nightcore i4 Intellicharger is regarded as a good charger ... if sourced from a reputable vendor, then all likelihood is that its the genuine article.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 06:00:07 PM »

Personally I think the biggest danger with batteries is when you stack them. Running 2 smaller batts in place of 1 larger batter was all the rage in the past prior the electronic VV/VW mods that could boost  up the power on a single 3.7v batt. I would feel comfortable using the batts you have and if you had a short the 1st thing I would expect to happen on the segelei would be to have the spring heat up and shrink.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »

Cheers. Yes, I got the charger from ecigwizard as I got a discount and they seem pretty legit

I've never stacked the 350's, I've just used the Vamo in small mode thinking I would use the extension cap when my 650's turned up. I don't ever intend to stack them either after seeing Scott mention this in his videos a few times, which is good enough for me

So do you reckon I can use these in the Segelei too?

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »

WHen I say these, I mean can I use these 350's and also the 650's from ebay that should arrive anyday now in the Segelei too?

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »

I would use them - both the 350s and 650s  ;)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

my advice might differ slightly to some, in that i personally would stick to tried and trusted batteries for best conceivable amount of safety.
having seen tricks pulled to pass off sh!tty cells as genuine, i would worry slightly as to the heightened possibility of incident.

in the main, its best to follow recommendation per individual device ... you have an idea of the potential pitfalls, so go with your best judgement.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »

Ok, thanks for the advice - that's good enough for me! Sorry Capt too for not reading your earlier reply properly

I can't really afford to be buying more batteries at the minute but if anyone does want to suggest an 'ideal' 350 and 650 for the Segelei for a future purchase feel free to fire away

Thanks for all your help Capt and itsmeitis - mind has now been put at ease :D

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »

ideal 350 ... still, AW or efest imr, from reputable dealer.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »

Ok thanks I'll look into a pair of those when the 350s I've got start getting iffy or I get a few quid then

As for 650s these are Efest IMR that I've got on order so am assuming they're decent. In another thread someone said they swore by AW so might give them a spin next time too

Thanks again guys  ;D

valleys vaper

• bulli A2 TM - ego twist and passthrough batteries
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »

i ordered 2 sibeile imr 18350 batteries from amazon after having a discussion in chat, they are supposedly tested to 928 mah, they were £6.99 for the pair so i decided to give them a go,, will report back on how they do

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »

Cheers Valleys, would be good to know. Thanks

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »

I think the most dangerous thing about these sort of batteries (IMR and safe chemistry included) is the several reports I've heard from people who have foolishly carried them loose in their pockets.

If the battery shorts itself out on keys or coins then the resulting heat produced can get quite uncomfortable!

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »

Have to say I'm a bit guilty of that myself, Diz. It's only since getting into vaping that I've begun to try take them a bit more seriously and be a bit more careful
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up