Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Making a mod....a learning curve  (Read 42659 times)

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
Re: Making a mod....a learning curve
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »

Ed this drip tip is so bad ass mate. your press fit and clean up is so very nice. the black line in your press fit what is that in there? next one put the brass on the bottom would like to see what that would look like as well.

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2013, 09:25:25 PM »

Hi Rocc, thanks! Takes a bit of tinkering to get the fit right, but they press right on once the holes are right! (and no chance of them coming off)

I didnt realise that the brass i have contains lead so that one is a no go :( bit of a shame really because i quite liked it!

To get it on the bottom would involve having 2 sleeves, 1 brass and 1 stainless tip, but its in the pipe line for sure, im adamant on having a mixed drip tip! so it will either be

Brass Bottom/SS Top
OR
SS Bottom/Brass Middle/SS Top

The latter being the better option as it would give a neater finish, the problem being, to have them "flush" on a cart means having a VERY small lip, and making a brass ring that small would be VERY difficult for an amateur like me! The black ring you see is where the 2 dont meet properly as i used a radius tipped tool and didnt get a square edge, so the join isnt perfect (although ill cut my own tool next time i think to take the radius out of it!)

I maybe inclined to try adding some black delrin in there, to give it a "black line" or some seperation whilst keeping the whole thing flush and straight (i think they look so much nicer that way!)

I have a 17.5mm Genesis atty on the way (AGT by UD i think) but the top cap will be getting remade in SS/Brass to match the mod/tip :) Hopefully it'll come out alright and look the part!

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2013, 09:51:02 PM »

i was thinking it was black delrin in there lol. the pic make it look that way. brass on the botom and ss on top would look very nice

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #198 on: July 07, 2013, 10:41:39 PM »

How about something like this mate ?

just a straight thread through at maybe M7 x 0.5 (because you have that tap and die lol)

You could add a black delrin washer if you wanted too.

Think I may knock one up like this tomorrow myself..  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:44:15 PM by Mev »

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »

Hey Mev looks great! Will certainly be doing that on my next one, seems a little easier to do as well rather than press fitting!

Let us know how you get on :D

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2013, 06:14:25 PM »

Made one earlier threaded as in the diagram, could do with a polish but here it is.

Was going to show it in parts but be damned if I can get it apart now by hand lol.

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:17 PM »

Looks very nice Mev :D

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »

Looks great Mev! Im still waiting for some materials to arrive before i can have another go, the tap/thread way looks great! Easy enough to do? :) I imagine that if you were to start shaping it, would it hold up?

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2013, 06:32:32 PM »

Yes it'd certainly hold up, it's 10mm and I used a 6mm x 1.0 tap so there's a bit of meat on it. Took me a lot longer than I thought it would as I snapped a tap and it was the only one I had in that size so ground it and carried on lol.

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »

Oh wow! Sounds like you had an interesting day, the ones i made are 9mm diameter, just to sit flush on a cart more than anything. Im going to get a few designs down and put up an online shop, if they sell, they sell, if not, then ill have a nice collection of tips! lol :)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »

Oh wow! Sounds like you had an interesting day, the ones i made are 9mm diameter, just to sit flush on a cart more than anything. Im going to get a few designs down and put up an online shop, if they sell, they sell, if not, then ill have a nice collection of tips! lol :)

Go for it Eddy! Mev is definitely a Tip Jedi in my books given the two excellent ones he made me  ;D

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »

Right my atty turned up this morning and have to say, im pretty pleased with it!

Was a doddle to setup, contrary to what i heard/read about the AGT, took me 5mins, oxidized the wick, then pulsed it to finish it off, vapes great, but only have 1 14500 at the moment (i shorted one yesterday!) So need to get some more, and STILL waiting on materials :( lol so today, im actually having to do some real work instead of tinkering in the garage!

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »

Looks awesome mate 😊

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »

Can't fault it mate... thing is are you happy with it ?

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »

Yeah but i think it can be refined, a lot.....so will get round to it when i have chance and some material.

The AGT is actually turning out to be a nightmare though LOL more hotspots than the sun and keeps blowing coils. Not much issue with the AGA T2 in comparison though!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up