Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Making a mod....a learning curve  (Read 38974 times)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Re: Making a mod....a learning curve
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »

It's a great thread this one, been enjoying seeing how it's developed. Great work. I think I'd buy one just cos I've followed the first one being born!  :D

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »

Ilegal > Not sure how to take that, LOL (jk) id rather you said "id buy one cause it'll be the dogs when its finished!" lol :)

Although i do see your point, like i said, ill get something done and dusted for early next week, take loads of pics of the process and the finished product, i have an Atomiser in mind as well to go with it, so ill work on that next week. So far so good though! :)

Thanks again

Dogtags82

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »

looking good eddy.
seriously I am blown away at the standard of skills on this forum. Is this what vaping does to people? can I look forward to maybe developing some new super power after a few months of vaping lol
following your progress with interest, keep us in the loop please eddy.

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

Yes vaping as a side effect of you gaining special powers....

Unfortunately for most of us this special power is the ability to spend super fast on vaping gear while being able to block out the costs and hide bank statements from the other half.. 

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »

I agree with Mev...totally....if my other half knew just how much id spent she'd go mad....or at least question my mental ability.

Anyway, i started another one this morning after finding a few flaws in my 1st model, mainly being, the button stem wasnt long enough and the main body was scratched and dented through rough handling and trying to get finished bits back in the chuck etc and so forth, so started it again this morning with the intention of a) having a working piece by end of weekend and b) having a finished piece that is flawless in the finish. So far so good, i have a 1/2 finished top cap.

See image. Just a bit of a collage of WIP on the top cap.

Trying to source bits and pieces is the hardest part lol im struggling with O-Rings at the moment, finding the size i need is near impossible, in the colour i wanted anyway! So if anyone knows of a good supplier of clear/white orings, please let me know, alternatively, ill have to get some made, which is proving a costly affair to say the least! In the UK one company quoted me £1.14 + VAT for each O-Ring with a minimum of 150 pieces, i dont think id ever use 150 O-Rings in my life. And if i did, i would have be abusing them. So thats the next challenge, finding or getting O-Rings made, ive managed to source some Quartz Glass and also some Borosilicate Glass tubing which is being cut/ground/polished for me, so thats that bit sorted!

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 02:09:35 PM »

What size o ring? I'm confident we'll be able to source

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »

Inner diameter - 14mm
Outer Diamter - 16mm

Giving it a Cross Section of 1mm

In white would be nice, otherwise, black will have to do lol :)

Thanks in advance!

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »

Thanks Mev ive ordered a few pieces just to get me going until i find some white ones! :)

Ok, so i ran out of stock yesterday and had nothing to do all day other than real work....was a crap day. But none the less got upto date!

So, i got some material this morning and set out on making a new one, all's good, went smoothly without a hitch and managed to keep it all in one piece without trashing it with knocks/dings! :) Result.

Put together a bit of a slide show of the part being made, gotta nip out and get some scotchbrite, whats peoples preference on finish? Polished? Brushed? Machined? :)

Also, some stills. Went with a 20mm diameter to match the quartz glass tank on the atomiser (to be), kept all the edges squared off, means they are a little sharp, but not sharp enough to cause pain/damage/cut, it just gives it a nice overall "squared off" look instead of rounded edges, which personally, i think look cack.

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »

Some more bits for you guys to look at :)

Bit of a change in design, hopefully for the better!

This is the bottom cap, need to make a button, decided instead of thin button, going to make a "cylindrical" shaped button to give more stabilty when you press it, as silly as it sounds, wobbly buttons P*ss me off. So hopefully having something a little substantial in there will alleviate this! :)

Im still waiting for 1 die before i can finish off the bottom button, but hopefully in the next images you'll get the idea a little better :)

Thanks for watching

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »

That's looking really really good.

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 03:48:07 AM »

looking good mate

nerdyvaper

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2013, 04:01:41 AM »

Keep it up mate.

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2013, 06:56:02 AM »

Excellent thanks guys! :)

Today plan, crack the button! Im being a little pedantic over the button, it has to be right, i cant have a sh*t button lol its what makes a device IMO. So, im going to try and make a sensitive button, small amount of travel, light to press (since its a bottom button), as little movement as possible without having it stick/jam or be hard to press. Thats the plan anyway. Ill also make the top cap to as my other die *SHOULD* be here today.

So hopefully, ill have a somewhat working mod toward the end of the day, then its just a case of getting a battery for it, making some vent holes, which....ive not planned yet so no idea what/where to put them!

Ill take some more pictures as i work on each piece and post them up as and when i take a break. Got a hole day to myself today as the Mrs is working, so its music on, vape in hand along with a Galaxy caramel, microwave pizza and a bottle of pepsi, oh yes....dont be fooled! I know how to "live it up!"

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 11:00:17 AM »

Living the dream Eddy....... lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up