Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG VOTE  (Read 37304 times)

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
Re: THE BIG VOTE
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:52 PM »

Hmmm, I read the about me, and the linked in profile. I'm gonna pass on the vid.

NoMoon

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »

One benefit of being classed as medicine is that it will be difficult for places like pubs and offices to stop us using them.  It's one thing being a strange new habit for weirdos like me but completely different if there is a possibility your GP recommended it. 

If nothing else they will have to have proper guidelines that actually make sense on some level, rather than the knee-jerk stupidity we see now.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »

i'm not so sure Wetherspoons would need invite consumption on their premises any more than they disallow the pharmaceutical grade components that we use currently ... but it would be good where doctors could officially, collectively recommend e-cigs to all as the safer alternative/quit device which we as vapers appreciate.

MARK W

• OOh look, shiny stuff!!
    • Marks Gutters
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »

Hi all,

I just saw this vote and scanned the comments so may have missed someone saying what I am about to say.

The Government is there to rake money from the people to pay for the debt mountain that the government have created (for our benefit) LOL.
Take a look at all regulated nic replacement ideas and how much they cost.

Guaranteed they will asap start to price the items like they were tailor mades and say that "this is for your own good and that is why they are doing it blah blah!"
They assume that people must stop because it's bad even though there is no evidence when talking about vaping.

You will not change their minds because all this is a cover. Their real motive is to tax addiction because they got you by the short and curlies, just like beer etc.

Say no and at least try to stop them getting a foot in the door for as long as possible.

I have no wish to STOP and I have no wish for the government that we elected to do our will to then tell us what we want!!!

SAY NO - SALT YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS -.

We know where the good stuff is, we know when the nic is low or high and we keep each other informed we don't need help, haven't they got anything else to worry about!

Sorry to go on but heres a nugget. When placing a Truvello speed camera, by law you can only place one where there have been at least two deaths, info from the Northamptonshire speed course I had to go on  :-[. Now think how many cameras you know about. Has anyone died through Vaping... Anyone... Anywhere...
So why the interest.....  HERES WHY $$$$$ £££££ $$$$$ £££££. >:(

END, Thank you.

spyder

• Airholes are just pilot holes. Get ya drill out!
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »

END, Thank you.

Exactly. Could you imagine having to fork out £20-£25 for 30ml of approved liquid from a chemist? Hell you maybe forced to pay that for a 10ml bottle.

Now they realise how much they are losing in taxes as more and more smokers make the switch. I've had 7 smokers at work switch in the last month. The latest was a 30-40 a day smoker that has refused it as an option for the last 5 years. Peer pressure? lol

Anyway, yes, they want their share of the market and heavily tax it.

Time to start thinking about that stockpile and grab a few litres of nic base me thinks.  :P

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:30 PM »

Hi all,

I just saw this vote and scanned the comments so may have missed someone saying what I am about to say.

The Government is there to rake money from the people to pay for the debt mountain that the government have created (for our benefit) LOL.
Take a look at all regulated nic replacement ideas and how much they cost.

Guaranteed they will asap start to price the items like they were tailor mades and say that "this is for your own good and that is why they are doing it blah blah!"
They assume that people must stop because it's bad even though there is no evidence when talking about vaping.

You will not change their minds because all this is a cover. Their real motive is to tax addiction because they got you by the short and curlies, just like beer etc.

Say no and at least try to stop them getting a foot in the door for as long as possible.

I have no wish to STOP and I have no wish for the government that we elected to do our will to then tell us what we want!!!

SAY NO - SALT YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS -.

We know where the good stuff is, we know when the nic is low or high and we keep each other informed we don't need help, haven't they got anything else to worry about!

Sorry to go on but heres a nugget. When placing a Truvello speed camera, by law you can only place one where there have been at least two deaths, info from the Northamptonshire speed course I had to go on  :-[. Now think how many cameras you know about. Has anyone died through Vaping... Anyone... Anywhere...

END, Thank you.
i agree with most of what you say apart from the government thing. this government werent exactly voted in, they was coillisionened from the conservatives and liberals (who seperatly didnt achieve a majority, but who collectively did). i cant moan, cuz i wont vote

WJM364

• From Manchester, now live with family in Brighton.
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2014, 07:01:33 AM »

I smoked for 35+ years, i purchased i starter kit for £24.99. Know i haven't smoked for 32 days. ◄IT WORKS► I'm not out of breath after taking a brisk walk, i have stopped coughing up that nasty mucus every morning.. I am totally against changes, with bureaucracy and red tape by the mhra..  ◄ Happy Vaping ►     8)

bainzy5

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »

I voted no. I agree with some of the things they're saying, but I like things as they are now. Do these "regulations" apply to pre-made eliquid or does it apply to DIY supplies as well?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »

quite probably only the nicotine and nicotine containing parts - there are people whom might claim otherwise, but as we can purchase whole host of drug paraphernalia related to illegal substances, it would be logical to believe we will be always remain able to buy the devices we use.

regulations have far moved on though since this thread began - the new proposals include e-liquids no higher in nicotine than 20mg and not to be sold in multiples over 10ml.

great for an amount of vendors and not so bad for a vast amount of vapers, but less ideal sadly than if we'd been left out of their equations altogether.

Chalky Chalk

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but here's my opinion.

I can see the need to regulate eliquids, run proper safety testing trials and make the manufacturers adhere to specific safety standards. It's about looking for a safe or safer alternative to smoking. However, classing it as a medicine will put people off making the switch. Smokers don't want to be classed as sick and therefore aren't looking for a cure.

I agree that the government are looking at the amount of tax money they're missing out on and looking to capitalise on what is now a very profitable and expanding market. They'll make plenty of savings down the road with the relief on the NHS as treating cancer is extremely costly, but they're missing out on immediate gains which could put more strain on our already f**ked economy.

If eliquids are only available over the counter then choices will be limited. More than likely manufacturers will be the big pharmaceutical companies, ones the government can tax again for their profits and reap further rewards. They'll probably taste like s**t, poor cigarette imitation flavours, and may even push people back towards smoking. The government won't really care about that because no matter what their money keeps rolling in.

One of the things I keep reading lately is that eliquid manufacturers are now deliberately targeting children by providing sweet flavours, which is bulls**t. I prefer tobacco flavours personally, but I know most of you guys prefer the sweet flavours which have been around for ages and were not aimed at children. Why not put an 18 yrs and over age restriction on purchasing products and on vaping? Would that not be a sensible way to stop it being classed as a "gateway to smoking"?

I smoked for 20 years, and have been using ecigs for the last three years (with a few minor relapses) but now the idea of smoking a cigarette makes me feel sick. They really need to make this work and not totally f**k it up for profit. I've voted no for the current proposal as I don't think it's entirely suitable.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but here's my opinion.

I can see the need to regulate eliquids, run proper safety testing trials and make the manufacturers adhere to specific safety standards. It's about looking for a safe or safer alternative to smoking. However, classing it as a medicine will put people off making the switch. Smokers don't want to be classed as sick and therefore aren't looking for a cure.

there are lots of vapers who sought help from the medical profession to rid them of addiction - it would be fair to assume patients would be more inclined to succeed in quiting if champix and was replaced with a nice bottle of juice and an eGo to vape it with ... ;D

I agree that the government are looking at the amount of tax money they're missing out on and looking to capitalise on what is now a very profitable and expanding market. They'll make plenty of savings down the road with the relief on the NHS as treating cancer is extremely costly, but they're missing out on immediate gains which could put more strain on our already f**ked economy.

revenue from smoking has long been crucial - decline in tobacco use runs coincidental with the increase in e-cig use - the switch of focus might seem logical.
in fact, as former smokers, we may one day rely on the duty brought from e-cigs to pay for as yet unrealised damage we did to ourselves while smoking.

If eliquids are only available over the counter then choices will be limited. More than likely manufacturers will be the big pharmaceutical companies, ones the government can tax again for their profits and reap further rewards. They'll probably taste like s**t, poor cigarette imitation flavours, and may even push people back towards smoking. The government won't really care about that because no matter what their money keeps rolling in.

i use nicotine base bought direct from our heavily government licensed supplier - very competitively priced too - although unflavoured, it requires very little effort to create endless variations of e-liquid.

One of the things I keep reading lately is that eliquid manufacturers are now deliberately targeting children by providing sweet flavours, which is bulls**t. I prefer tobacco flavours personally, but I know most of you guys prefer the sweet flavours which have been around for ages and were not aimed at children. Why not put an 18 yrs and over age restriction on purchasing products and on vaping? Would that not be a sensible way to stop it being classed as a "gateway to smoking"?

this is a controversial one - the average age of active vapers has certainly fallen during the past few years and advertising has taken on some traditionally youthful avenues ... having said that, i would disagree with media assertions which suggest manufacturers actively target children in the true sense, even though there are numerous examples of children using or becoming increasingly interested in e-cigs.

on the flip side, we do see many vapers deceivingly eager to express how any proposed restriction put on e-cigs, will drive them to tobacco - maybe the same could be said.

I smoked for 20 years, and have been using ecigs for the last three years (with a few minor relapses) but now the idea of smoking a cigarette makes me feel sick. They really need to make this work and not totally f**k it up for profit. I've voted no for the current proposal as I don't think it's entirely suitable.

the vote at the top of this thread/subject, is actually very very old - organisations have been and gone in the meantime and meanwhile, the EU have decided and given their recommendations, which member states may or may not rush to implement. the majority will not fall to medical classification 8)

major cigarette companies have invested hundreds of millions of dollars during the past twelve months, securing their part in the lucrative e-cig industry . so certainly hints that, e-cigs are here to stay.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:56:18 PM by itsmeitis »

Chalky Chalk

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:40 PM »

Hahaha I just saw the date of the original post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up