Author Topic: THE BIG VOTE  (Read 34026 times)

Offline stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
Re: THE BIG VOTE
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
Anyways I put No,,,,,just cos I kinda like it the way it is now,,,,

I would have put Yes,,,,for precisely the same reason,,,,
I would of put yes if I enjoyed vaping cigalikes and 4mg juice ,,,  wait a minute I do vape 4mg juice,,,lol ,,,,
but its nice to have a vape on some heavy stuff now and then

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
lol ... 4mg isn't the intention of MHRA :P

Offline stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
lol ... 4mg isn't the intention of MHRA :P
Thought I heard somewhere they wanted to limit the mg strength to 4mg,,,,my bad,,,lol ,,,,ah well,,

I just can't agree with a system that seems like they want to ban all the stuff that's out already just so they can bring in there own brand of gaping gear,,,,I havnt read into it too much cos it isn't really going to effect me,,,but that's the message I'm kinda getting from it all

Offline ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
It's a 'no' from me

My Community

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »

Offline Nick Brown

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
Mixed feelings at the mo'.
Some regulation is good, for example, a dodgy bottle of vodka could send you blind and comments like this...
The quality of NCPs can vary considerably which is why licensing them as medicines will allow people to have the confidence that they are safe, are of the right quality and work. The MHRA commissioned its own research on products available for sale in the UK. This confirmed that nicotine levels can be considerably different from the level stated on the label.
make me believe that this is good. But they also say...
Once licensed by the MHRA, electronic cigarettes and other NCPs will be available for sale as over-the-counter medicines and for healthcare professionals to recommend as Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
Which makes me think that they want to only sell sealed cigerlikes to reduce our enjoyment and force us to quit completely.
It also annoys me that they constantly refer to e-cigs as nicotine replacement. This is so wrong, it's smoking replacement, there's a big difference!
So I'll abstain from voting for a few days 'till I've had more time to think about it.

Offline squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
i thought ecita said yesterday for what there opinion its worth that nic on ecigs will never be medical classed ?

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
i thought ecita said yesterday for what there opinion its worth that nic on ecigs will never be medical classed ?

right too Squid ... and hence my earlier asserting point that;

proposals as set out, suggest lead to minimum three year breathing space, and even then we can read plenty of assertive rhetoric that suggests the MHRA have zero actual authority.
given the minimum three unhindered years and then some, it might be very beneficial to us that such futile authority has taken charge.

it might if reports are accurate, suggest we are by far at our safest under the current approach ... might vaping as a whole, shoot its own proverbial foot by pushing to surer extinction.

Offline Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Bombaclart
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:38 PM »
Can you add an option to the poll: I couldn't give a flying ****.   ta :-*

My Community

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:38 PM »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 08:27:48 PM »

vote counted and as stands, potentially the safest way to protect our opportunity to vape on and prosper. 8)

Offline Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:30 PM »

He's got my vote.

Offline Nick Brown

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
Mmm... I think you'd come under the no category.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
not quite.

My Community

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »
Do you believe the new MHRA proposals would be beneficial to you as e-liquid / e-cig user

yes so ppl can get them free on prescription woot.

no cause most people dont see smoking as a illness. and are less likely to go to the doctor. u only had to look at nico gum n pathces they wer so unsuccessfull they had no choice to sell out of the pharmacy n into shops, once they wer under lock n key n now ther always on sale

it seems to me we need to prove ecigs arnt safe or  prove ther not a quit smoking aid.

Offline a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
I voted no - although the main thing I read into their (mhra) statement as ensuring the sub-standard cig-a-like products available will have to be accurate in their claims - which must be a good thing. I can see that juice suppliers could have trouble, but then things like ibuprofen and paracetamol are medicines and you can buy them everywhere, so will it really affect them?

As far as I see, they did not mention limiting nic in juice to any particular strength, but I can see it happening.

How can they regulate the delivery systems we use? They can not stop the manufacture of mods or atty's. The efficiency of our chosen setup in delivering nicotine will vary regardless the proven strength of the juice I'm sure.

Anyway, I'll be stocking up on nic base as time goes by, and I'll still continue to mix it with the inaccurate kiddy medicine syringes so every mix will be slightly different. If i have a slightly stronger mix, I vape it a little less and vica-versa.

Offline diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 09:53:54 PM »
Personally, I can't wait to try the new MHRY4 flavour!