Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard foam  (Read 6707 times)

mduval

• Not worth trying? Your not worth it!
    • Uncut Radio
Standard foam
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »

Hi

I have followed scotts re-fill guide, but everything it leaks so I tryed reducing the drops I put in but still until I have a good vape session it leaks.

Now I am not sure but could it be because the standard white foam in the carts is useless? or do you think I am doing something stupid, which maybe I cant see? I do transport my e-cig around in the PCC case with 5 other carts but they all do they same thing and unless is vape them a bit they will leak, even if i am just topping up the carts...

Any idea or suggestion will go a long way!

Thank

Mike

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Re: Standard foam
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »

hi mate,

is it a 510 you are using?

mduval

• Uncut Radio
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:11:33 AM »

NR4081.....

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »

hi mate,

the video guide is for either a M401 or a 510.........but the principles should be the same, though you would need to adjust the amount of drops used.

1. remove, rinse and dry the wool

2. fill the small inner cart to 3/4 full with e-liquid

3. carefully replace the wool until it is level with the rim of the inner cart

4. if you need to, add a drop of e-liquid to the top and repeat until it will no longer soak in

5. using paper towel, lightly place it on top of the inner cart to remove any excess juice

6. using paper towel remove any spilt liquid from the sides of the inner cart

7. using paper towel remove any excess liquid that may be inside the mouthpiece

8. replace the inner cart in to the mouthpiece by using tweezers placed on the edge of the rim to gently push it down until it reaches the bottom of the mouthpiece.

replace on atomiser and vape............if its not going back on the atty then replace the rubber bung.

cheers,

scott

ps......its called a RN4081 by the way  :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:31:43 AM by igetcha »

mduval

• Uncut Radio
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »

Cheers scott...

I do all that ok but I can only really fill the cart about 1/2, less maybe with out it it leaking... I think it might be the foam not sure but I am going to get some on the blue stuff to see, cause so I have been told the blue form hold the e-liquid a lot ....Tighter.... if that makes sense..

Mike

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:08 AM »

hi mate,

i find the blue foam actually works the opposite way! lol

the standard wool tends to not let the juice pass thru to the atomiser very well (wick), whereas the blue foam allows the juice to pass thru with ease. when using wool you will often find that even though it appears that a cartridge is empty (no vapour produced) when you remove the wool it is often still quite wet...........but with blue foam every drop of juice gets used :)

however, the tighter you make the blue foam bung then the less juice flows.........so you might need to experiment a little with it  ;)

wijakaja

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »

Scott, which do you prefer?

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »

i find the blue foam to be a lot better mate  :D

wijakaja

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »

Scott,

From what you were saying you basically just use it as a bung. Is that right?
Did you ever figure out why one of your pieces stopped working? Just curious.

Billy.

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »

hi mate,

i originally just cut a small piece to use as a bung but now i just fold the little square in half and push it in...........less hassle :)

nah, the mystery of the rogue blue foam square still remains unsolved! lol

mduval

• Uncut Radio
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »

lol you got to have a bad one lol

I get what to mean about the liquid flows easier but also the liquid clings to it as the same time its weird but ill have to wait to get some as funds are low, which doesnt make sense as I have to spend ?50 odd a week on real cigs!!

I think my girlfriend has clicked on  :o

Mike

Bluemoon

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »

I am having better luck now having reduced the size of the standard white foam (I did a spring mod) but it still dries out on the atomizer end, even though the cart is very full.
I have identified the burnt taste, too. It is deffinately the stuffing...it wants to stick to the bridge when it gets dry at all. I guess it melts a bit.
All this to say that yes, to my experience, the standard cart filler doesn't wick worth a darn!
I don't have to top off, but I do have to pull the cart off and squish the filling a bit to get the fluid to come though to the bottom, even though it's almost half the size it was (the filling). You could swim in the juice in the tip, lol.
Guess I will be looking for some blue foam.
Are we sure it doesn't put off any chemicals or anything when heated on the atty?

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 02:53:19 PM »

I have been a long time fan of BF as a cart filler in 510 carts at 3.7v - I used 1/4 x 1/4 to 1/3 x 1/3 squares of marine land filter material size U. When used at 3.7v the blue foam leaches great without flooding and the bridge keeps the foam away from any excessive heat. As far as putting off chemicals - I strongly feel there is little to worry about, if BF put off toxins as liquids pass through it there would be a lot of belly up fish out there LOL.  That said, I don't use BF with LR attys or at 6v because I take loooong drags and the BF can't keep up ( nor does the stock filler) For LR attys and HV Vaping I stick with Direct Dripping ;)   Some express concerns about what happens if you burn BF - I can assure you that if you burn BF you are releasing toxins ...but before people freak out, burning stock poly fill releases toxins as well. I can assure you that burning any substance releases toxins. The important thing is to assure whatever filler you choose to use must stay wet ( this is really only an issue at higher voltages or with LR attys as Vaping in this way runs the atty much hotter)  I feel that this applies to the wick as well and therefore pull the wick from under the bridge on all the attys I DD with or run at 6v ( I also often pull the bridge as well - the wick and bridge only serve a purpose when used with carts)   

To sum it all up: at 3.7v with standard attys BF is the best cart filler I have found, and at HV or with LR attys - DD and pull the wick if you notice any burnt taste ;)

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up