Author Topic: 1st Vape Choke. Why?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Nick Brown

1st Vape Choke. Why?
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:13 AM »
When I first tried my mates ego clearamizer a few months ago I choked and spluttered out the vape. Now I have my own, others want to try it too and I'm only too pleased to let them. But seeing them react like I did the first time puts them off.
So the question is, what were we doing on that first puff that we're not doing now. I need to know this so I can warn them as I can't seem to replicate that first experience.

Offline ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
1st Vape Choke. Why?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
It's just something that happens, personally it didn't happen to me. My dad however, coughs and coughs and coughs.... thankfully he's still willing to give it a go.

I think it's just cause it's vapour rather than smoke, more moist.

Offline SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
Re: 1st Vape Choke. Why?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
....So the question is, what were we doing on that first puff that we're not doing now...

I'd, like to know this too.  Its been so long since I smoked a fag, I can't remember.  I just give people a warning, but that usually doesn't help.

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
1st Vape Choke. Why?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
I think it's just that vapor and smoke are diff and it takes a little time for the body to adjust to the dense vapor and PG.

My Community

1st Vape Choke. Why?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline Magic_Al

• 2 things i hate... pointless sigs and irony!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »
I think it may be psychological too. The first vape I had I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was so took a really deep draw. I think it is a case of familiarising yourself with your device.
Think back to the first cigarette you smoked... I'm sure there was a bit of coughing there too  :P

Offline Nick Brown

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
I've since found out that the larger the atomizing area the cooler the vape. Well the ce4/5/6 etc practically vape straight into the drip tip so maybe that's the issue. I don't know.