Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the future for e-cigarettes and users  (Read 3971 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
What is the future for e-cigarettes and users
« on: May 02, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

Having watched this interesting program and seen deep moral and ethical issues surrounding big tobacco, it led me to observe a few parallels and the probable future trend of e-cigs.

I am able to remark a recent interview in which falsehood was used to nullify question of adolescent appeal unto e-cigs. British American Tobacco too use very similar strategy.

Also apparent are the crafty advertising opportunities which circumnavigate advertising bans. Analogous examples appear obvious already if yet only on a minor scale.

With the e-cig industry now gaining huge investment from British American Tobacco and its likes, I feel it rational to suspect they and their stakeholders will continue to equal and extend their eternal objective.

In one recent representative public statement aimed toward e-cigarette consumers, the following was written;
The real issue here is how people with a history that reads like that of a Mafioso get onto EU committees; and how it is that committee members' financial activities are not constantly audited. They decide on the life or death of tens of millions of people, in a climate that is subject to the most intense commercial pressures. The current system is beyond lunacy.
The statement made all the more ironic while the same critical organisation themselves invite indirect donation from their industries biggest commercial beneficiaries.

It therefore causes me to speculate while e-cigarettes are so profoundly influenced and predictably corruptible, where their ends will be.

Referring back to the program in order to forecast, and I suspect we are but a few years off an unrecognisable industry. Perhaps the e-cig will be sure way to introduce seemingly legitimate habit to youngsters, and allow for the indirect promotion of cigarettes behind a veil of safe marketing. Perhaps we’ll see how decisions made today, will set the ground for a foretold tomorris.

we are enjoying a period in which e-cigarettes appear to have proved a brilliant invention and wondrous thing, but i consider we are on borrowed time and every thing we think we expect in asking, is not what we’ll recognise once final ownership adjusts.

Where a poll by a prominent e-cig vendor asks “Would you change your vote to defend your right to vape?”, i reflect on the deplorable invite offered to the British National Party, and their consequent rejection of the same. Others like to think health benefits are at the forefront of argument to celebrate voting persuasion, despite the obvious Kenneth Clarke contradiction which negates that very argument.

I would hope that there are plenty of us who realise, we enjoy e-cigs are result of an addiction offered to us by tobacco. We fight unto our addiction as does any other addict. We will see change in the e-cig industry and those changes will be come to define our positions. It may seem just and right to believe the industry we see, but it would be naïve to forget the industry as it will become.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:48:36 AM by itsmeitis »

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:35:23 PM »

I suspect some are so blinkered they would change their vote to be able to consume nicotine.

diz

• Black or Grey
Re: What is the future for e-cigarettes and users
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »

I totally agree with your sentiments Ged. I've already seen ecig marketing aimed at "new users" that aren't ex-smokers, with forum spam aimed at video games websites. (I play video games - shoot me!) On another vaping forum I noticed another non-smoking poster claim to have taken up vaping for health reasons (nicotine helped relieve an innate e medical condition he had apparently). It is inevitable that people who have not smoked will start vaping and get addicted, especially with current advertising on sports cars and bikes that is shown on TV.

Nicotine extracts aside, I do wonder if the tobacco companies will have as much of a grasp on the industry as they have had with their cigarette brand loyalties. Vaping products already offer a larger variance of experience than traditional smoking tobacco companies offered. It is also easier to manufacture and package bottles of liquid than it is for cigarettes.

It is possible that the big tobacco companies will try and narrow the scope of the market (to disposables), but this gives incentive for others to offer choice of flavour and experience in competing products. Of course, legislation on advertising, marketing and usage would be critical in this area and that is something that perhaps the large tobacco empires have more control over than they should.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »

1 word "freeeedom"

kondor101

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »

the words "freedom" and "nicotine" should not be used together, because of...

1 word "addiction"

We are not free,  I doubt we ever will be, I doubt we ever were.  We are prisoners,  we sometimes blame ourselves, but when you look at the lengths these companies will go to... Did you ever stand a chance?  Do you think they would have spent all that time, money and effort if they were not sure to trap a certain amount of young people?

We can all talk about what age we started smoking,  I bet there is not many that started in their 30s.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:29:57 PM by kondor101 »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »

1 word "freeeedom

??? ... you think ? ... did you you study the video i placed before drawing conclusion ? are any of us "free" while bound by addiction ?

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »

No my wifi lagged and I couldn't see it ( riding around in my truck at work) and now I would not be posturing my freedom stance - sorry :(

I do feel though that the gov should educate about hazards associated with any products on the market and adults then choose what they desire to subject themselves too, but kids should not be targeted. I'm sorry :'(

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »

you see a Tibetan monk would say we are all addicted to everything in our lives, our home, partners, work, shopping, eating at set times, our phones, televisions, our cars,  the list goes on forever.....just a thought :P

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »

I'm addicted to.....

(If your thinking I'm off topic your right, been a long day and I am feeling a bit silly- sorry ;) )
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:34:08 PM by Capt12B »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »

in order to address "freedom" even for where adults tread, i would like to draw attention to a picture i was about to post. i have though subsequently thought better of it as the image is distressing enough even for me, let alone others who frequent this forum. suffice to say, many might opt vegetarian and many many others too deem cruelty appalling, yet our addiction consumes us far beyond rational. dog ends being the butt of my illustration.

instead i'll just establish my thoughts on believers of perceived "free will" by mention of current habit having arrived as result of indulging in former habit, which most strongly sought to escape, yet despite the odds couldn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up