Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: duel coil  (Read 1138 times)

spider

duel coil
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »

I have just got myself a Bulldog ST3 Atomizer http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_100904/Bulldog-ST3-Atomizer-Kit.html?sessid=uVr69ZQsaNdIu4Es5UqvDOynnFblhDaUOdxo5NbKA8eZFpGY01O9VRWsGJOIcRKW&shop_param=cid%3D218%26aid%3D100904%26
On receiving through the post my first thoughts were that it will be a pain to recoil and it is  ::)
So far i have only managed to get one coil firing at 1.5 using 0.20 kanthal with around 5 wraps  . Am i right in thinking that if i go for 10 wraps i should get around 3 ohm on the coil and 2 x 3 ohm coils will give me a total of 1.5 ohm  :-\

woodardjd

• 2 Zmax V2, Vamo, iSeason, Smok Telescope, CCPV
Re: duel coil
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:42:36 PM »

It isn't the number of wraps in the coil, but the length of wire used, that provides a given resistance.
You're using .20, which, assuming you're using A-1 Kanthal, has a resistance of .47Ohms/cm. You're
looking for 3Ohms per coil, which should give you 1.5Ohms total, so devide 3Ohms by .47 and you
come up with 6.38cm. That's the length of Kanthal you need between your contacts.
The number of coils you get should be an afterthought as that will be determined by the length of your
resistance wire, the thickness of your wick and how tightly you wrap.

spider

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »

Cheers mate think iv got it , if i use thinner wire i would not need as much length ?
This atomizer was a bit of an impulse buy and prefer my igo s to it , should have saved my money and got a igo l  :-X

woodardjd

• 2 Zmax V2, Vamo, iSeason, Smok Telescope, CCPV
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 02:49:31 AM »

Correct. Thinner wire has greater resistance. So, requires less wire than thicker gauge wire to achieve the same resistance.
Running 0.8ohms dual coil on my IGO-L. Beautiful vape.
Pages: [1]   Go Up