Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: my own home made genesis style fully rebuidible atomiser done!  (Read 21932 times)

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
Re: my own home made genesis style fully rebuidible atomiser done!
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »

if you go down the CNC route, you are going to lose the hand made aspect of your work and it will just be like a different designed Chinese atty....there are and there will be in the future many different gennies on the market....a proper hand made device will always demand top dollar and be in demand...IMHO.

weec

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »

cheers mate ill keep that in mind ;D

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »

Nice work there weec, looks proper sweet :)

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2013, 07:55:37 PM »

give u £10 for a it and not a penny more  :D

squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »

if you go down the CNC route, you are going to lose the hand made aspect of your work and it will just be like a different designed Chinese atty....there are and there will be in the future many different gennies on the market....a proper hand made device will always demand top dollar and be in demand...IMHO.

could you tell the difference from a high end cnc lathe work to a hand turned one if the same materials was used ?

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »

could you tell the difference from a high end cnc lathe work to a hand turned one if the same materials was used ?

it's a question of integrity, i certainly couldn't tell the difference but if you were advertising them as being individually hand made and you got found out that they were actually run off on a CNC lathe in large batches, then your reputation would be lower than the scum bag poster who calls himself justin case.

squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »

it's a question of integrity, i certainly couldn't tell the difference but if you were advertising them as being individually hand made and you got found out that they were actually run off on a CNC lathe in large batches, then your reputation would be lower than the scum bag poster who calls himself justin case.

chi you is probarly made in the sigelei factory lol

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »

they are now actually made in a korean hospital ward....the guy drags himself out of bed, runs off a quick chi you, and then climbs back into bed exhausted.

squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »

they are now actually made in a korean hospital ward....the guy drags himself out of bed, runs off a quick chi you, and then climbs back into bed exhausted.

oh thats right all that button pushing must be exhausting  ;D

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »

then your reputation would be lower than the scum bag poster who calls himself justin case.

Your reputation looks fine from here you tart :P

I'd buy one of these atties, they look well sweet. Think we'll need an ECR discount code though :D

Nick Brown

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »

i am cosidering maybe selling them if i was to id need to go to a cnc machinist if i were to get alot off orders as it would take me quite some time to make them one at a time.

You could make and sell them but in one of two ways. If it's for fun, a hundred quid here and there would cover the materials, tool upkeep and it might give you a few quid left over for a few drinks. Some people do this and are happy.
But if it's a venture into business, even if it's just dipping your toe in, you need to get your prices right from the start.
A low tradesman's wage is £120 a day, you don't actually get this yourself as most of this goes back into running the business, you might get half. If one atomizer took 2 days it would then cost someone £240 and for a bespoke made item like this and that would be a good price. I've seen similar levels of engineering go for around £350-£500.
Then you need to find out if there are enough people out there with enough money to keep a fairly consistent stream of work coming in.
There are more things to consider as well.
Maybe you know all this already, I don't know what you do for a living, but I'm a carpenter meself and I find that most people don't want to pay the real price for bespoke made stuff. Or maybe I'm just being negative.
Nice piece of work though. You've inspired me to make one myself, but out of wood.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »

Craig ... you know the score, so pricing is best decided relative to others ...

@ Nick ... a wood genesis atomiser ? sounds very promising and would certainly have an amount of appeal, but i expect similar problems to arise as have for other ventures using woods.

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2013, 11:07:24 PM »

If you want to do this as a business, your going to have to keep coming up with new ideas all the time which I am sure will be a pain in the arse. I also bet that the desirability will go down if they are mass made. Nothing better than a decent bloke (or bird) making something themselves and knocking them out one by one.

weec

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2013, 09:48:25 PM »

thanks for all the replys.to be honest im not sure i want to go down the road off starting my own business .i wanted to make my own genesis as i have the tools for the job and thought it would be nice to make my own.in the near future when i have time if anyone is interested in buying one i may make a few at a resonable price.i do not have alot off time to make these all the time but im sure i could make some now and then if people want them. ;D

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »

i'm sure you'd have a lot of interest Craig, if you ever do decide to make a few for sale ... in the meantime, it would probably be worth looking at other designs too, maybe even attempt a full hybrid. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up