Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How consistant are Genys?  (Read 1919 times)

ontiK

• I ate my twin in the womb.
How consistant are Genys?
« on: March 31, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »

I dived right in and bought myself a Mini DID week 2 of my conversion to vaping.  (Should arrive in a few days now)  I'm well aware that this is probably pretty ambitious for someone starting out but I've read that they provide the best experience in god knows how many forums.  I'm aware that they can be a bitch to set up when you're getting started and I've accepted that.  BUT.  Once set up, how consistently do they vape?  Thus far I've been using Vision V3 Clearos and Boge F17 tanks.  I certainly prefer the experience the Boge tank delivers but I find them really inconsistent, either being dry, flooding, or on the money.  When on the money they're grand but when not, pretty frustrating.  I've found the Visions to be better in terms of consistency (although they still vary a fair bit throughout each fill) but they don't deliver the same hit.

So how do Genesis atty's like the Mini DID hold up once properly set up?  Do they basically remain consistent until the mesh or coils go?  Or are they prone to being temperamental too?

'tiK

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »

Nope, once you have set it up right, it will work fine until you need to change your coil or wash off your mesh wick or whatever. They are much more consistent imo.

Some juices can gunk up your coil really quickly and others seem to clean it as you vape, lol. I use home brew peanut butter on mine and have had the same wick for months, lol. Still tastes fine :P

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »

Only thing with gennies is that you can't really lay them down or juice will piss out all over the place. So if you are planning to take one for a ride, it might be worth getting a car can, or fashioning something yourself :P

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »

I can and do lay my DIDs and Cobra down as long as I keep the fill screw in and keep wick side up. If I lay my other gennys down they spill there precious contents :'(

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:41 AM »

Or of course if your a Captain like Capt, you can just get one of your minions to hold it until you get to your destination. Not too tight though, might get excited and dribble a bit :D

ontiK

Re: How consistant are Genys?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:17:01 AM »

Cheers for the tips folks.  I'm not alone in experiencing these consistency issues with my clearos and tank, right?  If it's just me then I should probably make an effort to sort my own **** out before advancing to more technical shyte. (Re-reading that it sounds like excellent advice.  I'm not that full of myself to that I can't acknowledge I have a small streak of ignorance because everyone does if they're honest with themselves, but I'll ignore it anyway because in my mind, I'm a feckin' champion)

'tiK.

dr_p

• Never rub another mans rhubarb!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »

Tik,

I Dove straight into gennys mate. My first coil was the hardest to crack but after that it was plane sailing for me. I had and still have the odd "moment" when my gennys are taking the p!Ss out of me. Just put it down and have a cup of tea or something. That's the best advice I was given by the guys on here. That and the explanation Scott gave on the pressure  the kanthal should be wrapped around the wick. It goes something like this;
Imagine wrapping string around your finger; If you wrap it too tight it will cut off you circulation and hurt. If you strap it too loose it will just fall off.  So you do it somewhere between the 2 of them - I always think of that when I'm wrapping coils.

I've found Gennys to be very consistent in general. You will need to tweak now and again. I always do a do burn between refilling my tank just to see if the coil is lighting up consistently, especially if I'm using a low resistance coil.

BTW - I went straight to gennys after using cartos. I'd been vaping for about 3 months.

I hope this helps mate and good luck

tenshi

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

Once you get to the point you can set it up consistently, it's a lot more reliable (and less expensive) than buying cartos and clearomizers... Especially since there are a lot of 'fake' suppliers around. You never know if you're going to get a good batch or a bad batch.

ontiK

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »

I saw Scott’s tip on using a cigarette paper to assist with setting up reliable coils.  Makes a hell of a lot of sense and is a nice tip to have up my sleeve.  As I mentioned, I’ve accepted the fact that I will probably have to spend a fair bit of time getting myself set up at first so I’m not stressed about that.

How many of you have tried the cigarette paper trick? And how effective did you find it?  Also I recall seeing one vid where Scott explained the process of oxidising a mesh wick.  From memory, the instruction was: heat the rolled mesh wick all over until glowing red hot, then repeat 5 times.  After that, soak the wick in fluid, ignite, and burn off completely.  Repeating this 5 times as well.
Anyone know where I’ll find the best vid of this being done? I can’t find it again.  There’s a fair few on YouTube but most of the pricks on there are too annoying to watch and their production quality is shyte so I’d prefer one of Scott’s if I can find one.

‘tiK.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:16:18 AM by ontiK »

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 05:21:52 AM »

i made a few mods to my DID after i had it a few weeks. i made the air hole bigger and a few days after that i made the wick hole bigger. with the smaller wick hole i had to hold the did on it side for a few sec before hitting it to get it to wick for me but after i made the wick hole bigger it wick real nice now. my coil went from being 1.7r to 2.2r but that from the wick being alittle bigger. im not saying you need to do this to your DID im just saying for me this worked out real nice.

best of luck with your new DID friend

dr_p

• Never rub another mans rhubarb!!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »

I saw Scott’s tip on using a cigarette paper to assist with setting up reliable coils.  Makes a hell of a lot of sense and is a nice tip to have up my sleeve.  As I mentioned, I’ve accepted the fact that I will probably have to spend a fair bit of time getting myself set up at first so I’m not stressed about that.

How many of you have tried the cigarette paper trick? And how effective did you find it?  Also I recall seeing one vid where Scott explained the process of oxidising a mesh wick.  From memory, the instruction was: heat the rolled mesh wick all over until glowing red hot, then repeat 5 times.  After that, soak the wick in fluid, ignite, and burn off completely.  Repeating this 5 times as well.
Anyone know where I’ll find the best vid of this being done? I can’t find it again.  There’s a fair few on YouTube but most of the pricks on there are too annoying to watch and their production quality is shyte so I’d prefer one of Scott’s if I can find one.

‘tiK.

In Scott's later videos he says all he does now is hold the rolled up wick in a hot flame for about 20 second, and it works a treat. I use the same method to oxidise, I've found it to be the quickest and easiest method by far and like Scott says "it works an absolute treat" :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:04:02 PM by dr_p »
Pages: [1]   Go Up