Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Unnecessary Drama  (Read 14642 times)

love-to-vape

Unnecessary Drama
« on: March 30, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »

Just a word of warning to people if you thinking off going in chat

I went in there tonight and just because the colour off my hair "user name EMTRONEA" thought  it would be funny making comment(s) about it
which I don't find it funny what so ever
So what am trying to say if your Black/Asian or what ever race/hair colour you are prepared for comments from him
I will not be going into live chat again

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ADMIN EDIT - PLEASE READ

a guy entered the chat room and a person asked "are you ginger?"......the offended person then left the chat room

that is all that happened, nothing more, nothing less and quite why that has been tied in with warnings of racism defies all logic and sense  ???

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Unnecessary Drama
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 01:49:18 AM »

Just a word of warning to people if you thinking off going in chat

I went in there tonight and just because the colour off my hair "user name EMTRONEA" thought  it would be funny making comment(s) about it
which I don't find it funny what so ever
So what am trying to say if your Black/Asian or what ever race/hair colour you are prepared for comments from him
I will not be going into live chat again

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

i realise you may be upset by Emtronea asking if your hair is ginger, but im not sure it is akin to racism bud :-\

ultimately, he did only ask "OMG are you ginger" ... he never went any further than that one throwaway question.

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »

;D?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:59:09 AM by Rocc »

chops

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 01:58:09 AM »

I guess it's not so throwaway if you've spent a lifetime hearing it and taking both physical and verbal abuse for it.

As a teacher, I thought such prejudice stopped at the end of the school career and I was very pleased after having to deal so often with bullied kids. I thought ginger jokes were just that - jokes.

But in four years of being with someone red haired I've come to realise that those who get angry at the jokes aren't being unduly insensitive. When you see your fella take a punch outside a bar out of nowhere with the words 'you ginger b*****rd' you start to realise that maybe the jokes aren't funny, even when intended to be.

When people are sensitive about something there's usually a good reason.

Couldn't comments about people's hair/skin/race/weight/age etc be left out of an opening greeting with a stranger in a chat room, just so as not to confuse people on whether its a joke or not  :)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 02:01:17 AM »

I guess it's not so throwaway if you've spent a lifetime hearing it and taking both physical and verbal abuse for it.

As a teacher, I thought such prejudice stopped at the end of the school career and I was very pleased after having to deal so often with bullied kids. I thought ginger jokes were just that - jokes.

But in four years of being with someone red haired I've come to realise that those who get angry at the jokes aren't being unduly insensitive. When you see your fella take a punch outside a bar out of nowhere with the words 'you ginger b*****rd' you start to realise that maybe the jokes aren't funny, even when intended to be.

When people are sensitive about something there's usually a good reason.

Couldn't comments about people's hair/skin/race/weight/age etc be left out of an opening greeting with a stranger in a chat room, just so as not to confuse people on whether its a joke or not  :)

where someone likens a question to racism, they indirectly accuse every bystander of doing a disservice by their passive attendance ... there was no nastiness in comment, only one very simple and direct question.

chops

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 02:02:58 AM »

Wasn't it a web cam chat?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 02:06:23 AM »

Wasn't it a web cam chat?

it was on chat ... i have the question recorded ... it was a simple innocent throwaway comment and i might add, a significantly less offensive comment than unduly calling someone a racist.

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 02:07:51 AM »

i thought all ginger people were barred from chat,,,,,lol

only kidding  :P,,,,,,,,sid is ginger and he's allowed in  ;D

chops

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 02:13:26 AM »

My dearly beloved said 'It's a load of f***ing b****cks' which about sums it up lmao, but as a rather unremarkable human being who neatly blends in to the world, I don't have much practice in putting forward a valid case... but the following link is a good p.o.v. of it
http://kateorman.livejournal.com/668492.html?thread=7565644

On a personal note I don't think I'd have the guts to joke about them until I knew him or her well enough to know they weren't going to get bothered by it ;)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 02:21:14 AM »

where someone invokes racism with zero ground other than to enforce their point, i do feel the accuser should consider their reasoning ... the question was simply a question. the interpretation of said question, was never invitation to become accusation of atrocities above what was asked.

love-to-vape

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 02:22:14 AM »

How can it be a direct question when I was on my cam and he could see I had red hair
So am I right if I went into chat and said to a member who is big "are you fat"
I think NOT

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 02:25:16 AM »

How can it be a direct question when I was on my cam and he could see I had red hair
I think NOT

then you think wrong unfortunately ... the difference though is that we might rarely see anyone go so far as post public outrage and non associated accusation.

chops

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »

It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

With respect to the racism comment, we might all be slowly melding into one big genetic mix as the genetic pool becomes bigger but the expression of genes, and race intertwine. It's too deep to argue in a thread and subjective to a degree but subjectively I find comments about something genetic to be linked inherently with the genes you express...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 02:29:50 AM »

It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

With respect to the racism comment, we might all be slowly melding into one big genetic mix as the genetic pool becomes bigger but the expression of genes, and race intertwine. It's too deep to argue in a thread and subjective to a degree but subjectively I find comments about something genetic to be linked inherently with the genes you express...

it remains more offensive to wrongly accuse than to ask a question ... be it statement or question, it never required any such degree of response.

love-to-vape

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 02:32:04 AM »

I think NOT

then you think wrong unfortunately ... the difference though is that we might rarely see anyone go so far as post public outrage and non associated accusation.
I do hear what your saying and I don't want to fall out with you guys , I only posted on here warning people who like me has had hard times being ginger,to think twice before they go into chat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up