Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating an e-juice from cigarette or loose tobacco ?  (Read 11464 times)

petgall

Creating an e-juice from cigarette or loose tobacco ?
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:01:42 AM »

Hi Folks Sorry  this has probally been asked before ...
 I'm not long vaping But saw a set of youtube videos where sombody grew their own tobacco to extact from. Well it was a very long drawn with our climate and the work envolved it looked a non runner , but this mads me think could somebody extract from a cigarette or cigar or loose tobacco ie elimating the tobacco steeping process and toxins etc. and also would it work I mean just using the last procedures Ie where he mixes VG etc and does the last stage ?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Creating an e-juice from cigarette or loose tobacco ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »

easiest way would be to buy tobacco extract ... or use an iolite, which is capable of vapourising solid matter such as tobacco and its likes.

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »

if you try to extract from cigarettes,cigars or rolling tobacco ,,,they are soaked in all the nasty chemicals when they are being made by the tobacco companies so you'll most likely be extracting the harmful crap from it to vape,,,,,,,i would say it would probably be healthier than smoking but only because your not getting the lung full of tar.

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:28:51 PM »

if your going to be extracting for the flavour you might want to try perfumersapprentice.com ,,they sell some great tobacco extract at very good prices

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7294-tobacco-extract.aspx

dingledave86

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »

ive ordered some tobbaco abslote from lesiure liquids seedman the makers called has anyone tried it and what do they think

petgall

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:22 AM »

Thanks Folks,

Ive ordered let some via the US . I'll let you know how its going when it's here.

SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 05:19:57 AM »

ive ordered some tobbaco abslote from lesiure liquids seedman the makers called has anyone tried it and what do they think
I have several Seedmans Flavors and like Lesiure Liquids says "they are recommended more as a secondary flavouring component".  You need a good primary tobacco extract as Steve mentioned.  When I use the Seedmans, I seem to get complaints from those around me (2nd hand vapers) about the bad smell.  I however, don't notice the smell.
UPDATE:
Last night, I brought out my DIY RY4 which has Seedmans in it and 1st thing this morning my wife was complaining about the lingering smell.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:34:05 PM by SC_Sammy »

hazyvaper

• quit smoking go vaping
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »

does it works? i put a pack of marlboro red tobacco in a teabag and pre-heat it with vg/pg plus 10ml of RHUM and now steeping for almost a week and planning to steep for another 2weeks
i dont wanna wait that long if it doesnt work..any advice or suggestions? thanks folks

SC_Sammy

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:14:36 AM »

does it works? i put a pack of marlboro red tobacco in a teabag and pre-heat it with vg/pg plus 10ml of RHUM and now steeping for almost a week and planning to steep for another 2weeks
i dont wanna wait that long if it doesnt work..any advice or suggestions? thanks folks
I'm sure it will, I did the same with cayenne pepper when I was trying to go "nic-free".  Talk about "throat-hit", WOW!

petgall

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:16 AM »

Tried The tobacco extract via the US,  I'll need to work on this was very strong and complex tasting when diluted with a PG 0 nic wouldnt recommend unless you have time and patience to mix and try and clean etc etc. Tried amber leaf loose tabacco  via the tea bag method and First time was very similar to t-Juice cubana which I had recently purchased but felt i was cheating somewhat But with a little tweaking is excellent I must say and this is my fall back.

The basic method the guy used to a break cigar up in alcohol , filter the leaves out evaporate the liquid he then added water 25ml vg 25 ml and pg 35 ml to the base of the evaporated bowl mixed and filtered again. its on youtube search for " Make your own diy e-juice extraction  from a cigar " .It's the choice of cigar and usiing permium dilutants that I think are key so thats what Im checking out before going into mad professor mode. My ulimate aim is to be free of purchasing E-juice for the nicotene element as this would replicate this and have my nic store I also think altough I do enjoy experimenting with purchasing e-juice is that your not really sure where this came from and what was used in the process like people get lazy when mas producing and take short cuts.
So in the next week or two I hoping to take a go .......

SC_Sammy

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »

Keep it up, I would like to follow your experimentation.  I live in tobacco country so I could buy direct from the farmers or maybe grow it myself.
"Nothing could be finer.."  :D

Osric

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »

I've tried tobacco absolute and and was not all that impressed. It comes as a thick dark treacle like substance that has to be warmed gently to becoming fluid enough to work with. It is "EXTREMELY" strong and has to be diluted to the nth degree, and requires a good deal of steeping to settle down and even then it will not be what you're expecting. Its adds an green slightly cloudy hue to the eliquid. It did provide a good throat hit and did impart a sort of hard to place tobacco hint that is missing from normal tobacco flavoured e-liquid. But the decision not to bother with it, based on what I say below, was no real loss.

There is a fly in the ointment with tobacco absolute. It is not designed to be ingested and it is a known chemical irritant. I mixed my first batch slightly too strong and made my lungs burn like I'd knocked up a batch of lime mortar.  I got it from Perfumers Apprentice so its from a reputable source and I thought I'd mixed it pretty weak having added two drops in 20 ml pg and then added 2 drops of that to 10 ml, maybe there was a concentration at the top of the bottle or some residue floating on the top, who knows, but I was mighty relieved when the sensation improved although it took a couple of days for normal vaping to resume.  It may not have the same toxicity as smoking however toxicity is not the only consideration when inhaling things. Asbestos is not particularly toxic to eat but its a bugger in the lungs.

I worked in court dealing with industrial accidents and diseases and frequently had cases involving lung diseases using a burden of proof of "the balance of probabilities", i.e 50%. This allowed medical expert witnesses to provide their evidence based upon the best of their knowledge rather than absolute proof and many were suggesting that persistent lung irritation even by non toxic substances could be a source of potential problems. These arguments often arose when the substance in question had no proven chemical or particulate interactions. Given that you're likely to be puffing away on this stuff day in day out adding a chemical irritant is not such a good idea in my opinion.  I have no direct evidence other than my personal experience and the fact that tobacco absolute is a known irritant and continuous exposure to lung irritants isn't a risk free enterprise.

Of course the other downside to the use of tobacco absolute is that if its use becomes widespread in the vaping community it is likely to provide ammunition for the regulators as it is not approved for ingestion, as most other ingredients are, and does contain some less than appealing substances. Its a vast improvement on tobacco smoke, and lacks many of the hideous toxic chemicals added by scumbag tobacco companies and the process of combustion. However it is a massively concentrated distillate of tobacco producing an essential oil designed primarily for use as a perfume ingredient. If it transformed the vaping experience I'd be more inclined to take the risk as I'm by no means a risk averse mung bean eater, but it doesn't in my opinion, and I would love a vape that hit like a cuban cigar. So for me I'll stick with my half arsed ersatz tobacco  e-liquid and accept the compromise. I'm not attempting to scare people off tobacco absolute, mixed in the correct quantities most vapers don't report problems, but just because you mix it weak enough not to notice doesn't mean its not having an effect. I cannot quantify the risk, and life is full of risk, just be aware that we're in uncharted territory here and tobacco absolute is not a food flavouring like other e-liquid ingredients.

SC_Sammy

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »

Thanks for the update and  You bring up some valid concerns.  I once tried tobacco absolute and like you, could not get it to dissolve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up