Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogs : )  (Read 41667 times)

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
Re: Dogs : )
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »

Is he good at jiu jitsu too?

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:08 PM »

Awwww :)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2014, 06:21:03 PM »

No his speciality is biting feet and shoes...we had to get some bitter apple spray to spray on our socks, slippers etc as he shows no mercy lol

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »

..we had to get some bitter apple spray to spray on our socks, slippers etc as he shows no mercy lol

Is that so that your feet smell better?

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2014, 07:25:32 PM »

Nothing wrong with the smell of my feet young man  :P

DirkDampf

« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »

Had a play with the dog using my laser pointer from Fasttech. She absolutely loves it.
Kara plays with laser:

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:19 PM »

Dogs chasin lasers is funny, but if you get a cat chasin lasers, its so much funnier. I managed to get a cat along the back of the couch, across 2 chairs, over the mantle piece and up the blown vinyl wallpaper to the ceiling before his claws gave way to gravity and plunged to the floor.  He  landed on all fours(as usual) proceeded to lick his own arse, then f**ked of to the kitchen ,out the way, with that feline air of superiority that cats have.

ThirtyQuidKid

« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2014, 10:47:07 PM »

Seeing this thread I'm hoping for some advice. I'm thinking of becoming a dog owner but one thing is bothering me and is the main reason I am not at the moment.

I am at home at the moment more than I am at work due to a brilliant shift pattern that runs over a six week period. I am at work for 14 shifts (7 day and 7 night) for a 12 hour period. Due to my partner working(normal 8-6 hours) as well there will be 5 days from 8-6 where the dog would be alone during the day across the 6 week period the rest of the time someone will be at home if you understand that.

In my mind it seems cruel to leave a dog alone for a 10 hour period with no company. Am I right in thinking that?? Are there breeds of dog that would tolerate it or should I not be considering a dog under these circumstances??? How do other dog owners deal with things like this when they go to work???

I'm just unsure how to go about this or is it even a concern. Some googling suggests it would be OK but I'm not so sure.

Any advice would be welcomed.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2014, 06:40:58 AM »

personally i wouldn't consider owing a dog in your circumstances, unless you know somebody who could look after it for the time you are absent...the mess it could make to your home in that period and the bigger risk of it uncontrollably barking and inflicting mental torture on your neighbors would put me off the idea....the barking issue is very serious, and many owners have had to give up their dogs because of it.

ThirtyQuidKid

« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

personally i wouldn't consider owing a dog in your circumstances, unless you know somebody who could look after it for the time you are absent...the mess it could make to your home in that period and the bigger risk of it uncontrollably barking and inflicting mental torture on your neighbors would put me off the idea....the barking issue is very serious, and many owners have had to give up their dogs because of it.

Yeah, I thought as much. Just needed my concerns to be confirmed. I'll be honest I didn't think it would be fair. Thanks for the reply...

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2014, 11:43:34 AM »

This lil guy might be perfect for ya 30QK :P

ThirtyQuidKid

« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »

not quite what I had in mind but that does look cool  :D

DirkDampf

« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »

As a good alternative you could have a look if there is a guide dog school in your area. They always look for volunteers to take their dogs home to look after them over night and on weekends while they are not in training. Food and health care are provided by the dog school.

ThirtyQuidKid

« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »

As a good alternative you could have a look if there is a guide dog school in your area. They always look for volunteers to take their dogs home to look after them over night and on weekends while they are not in training. Food and health care are provided by the dog school.

Thanks for the tip. Could be an alternative and also see if my family and myself are up to looking after a dog....  Thanks mate

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »

For a minute there, I thought dirk was going to suggest taking lasers to the guide dog training school
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up