Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: housing benefit  (Read 19966 times)

Derek

Re: housing benefit
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2013, 12:28:11 AM »

On a voluntary basis this is all fine and dandy.

What I find unacceptable is fiscal punishment for those where such punishment is not affordable......by any standard thats just plain wrong. Its economic cleansing and frankly I suspect will cost more to implement and administer than it will ever produce in revenue. Its certainly never going to make more housing available and thats the real issue as more and more and more people fall into the poverty trap.

Imagine if you will the grandparent who can no longer have their grandchildren to stay over or the parent(s) whose children are off to university. Such persons now HAVE to move or part with money they quite clearly dont have or they wouldnt be in receipt of benefit in the first place.

Come on politico's, your supposed to be the best and brightest amongst us with the publics and countrys best interests at heart

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »

Welsh government have now made a u-turn on this, i just hope british government do too.

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »

3 years is good going, most ppl are on those list for around 5years  :o now add the extra few quid its gona cost ya waiting  :o

kondor101

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2013, 01:15:40 AM »

We all knew this would start happening when the greedy pigs in government wanted their tax cuts to make themselves better off.   If the rich being rich and paying low taxes was the answer then we would be swimming in jobs,  because they are richer than ever and are paying less taxes than ever.  No,  we do not live in a society where the rich provide jobs, we never have, it is the consumer that provides jobs and we all know it.  Alan Sugar has never created a single job,  it is his customers that have created them.  Take the customers away and the jobs go,  look at the high street stores all shutting down for proof.  So someone answer me,  if we give the consumers less money, and instead give more to the rich, what do you think is going to happen to unemployment?

And in a society which treats those on benefits like scum leeches,  this is the end result...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/suicide-bedroom-tax-victim-stephanie-1883600

Like they care that this woman has committed suicide,  all I can say is her blood is on the hands of the government, more interested in chasing failed policies than fixing a problem.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »

Aww bless her  :(

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
housing benefit
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »

Got to feel sorry for the driver though. Pretty selfish of her to chuck herself in front of a lorry.

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
housing benefit
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »

Also if she was as disabled as it made out, why couldn't she get disability benefit? The piece suggested she wasn't entitled to it. I know of someone who gets the maximum amount of disability benefit because she "can't walk" yet she goes break dancing when out on the piss. There is obviously more to stories than rags such as the mirror print.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »

Of course,  I bet he's devastated  :(

kondor101

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »

Also if she was as disabled as it made out, why couldn't she get disability benefit? The piece suggested she wasn't entitled to it. I know of someone who gets the maximum amount of disability benefit because she "can't walk" yet she goes break dancing when out on the piss. There is obviously more to stories than rags such as the mirror print.

is it your mom?

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

here we go.

squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »

2 3 4

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »

When someone has a break down and are so depressed they cant handle life any more they dont think of anyone or anything, they become blinkered, they just want to end the unbelievable mental anguish they are going through......I lost one of my friends this way...He walked off a mutli-story car park building because he couldn't handle life any more.....To me he was a hysterically funny person, he had an amazing sense of humour.. He had a supportive family and friends (But didnt let anyone in on how bad he felt, we knew he was depressed, but even with help from Doctors, it didnt make a difference.... he couldn't handle life any more. When he went I felt sooo angry with him...But now I know he just couldnt handle the pain and fear life brought him....  :'(

So,  like this lady who has tried to cope with her fears and worries. She obviously got to a point where she just couldnt handle them anymore, be it if she was on benefits or not....She was obviously deeply depressed... And its sad that she felt so low not to talk things through openly with someone....But then again many people who suffer from depression think they are a burden on Family and friends, they loose their self worth and think the world is better off without them.. :(

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
housing benefit
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »

is it your mom?

Is what my mom. Mine works for a living. She has **** loads of spare rooms and gets off her arse to pay for them.

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
housing benefit
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »

is it your mom?

Ah, I get it. No. I've come out with some offensive bollocks when I've been pissed up too, so I guess I'll let that slide :)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »

Yeah dont make me put you on the naughty step Jim....  ;D

Just because we may know someone who abuses the system, doesn't mean every ones the same....  :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up