Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: housing benefit  (Read 19983 times)

Fynger

Re: housing benefit
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2013, 07:13:06 PM »

Did I speak ??

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
housing benefit
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »

i see those that are effected by these alterations are more obviously against them, and some to whom no effect will occur, more willing to dance the governments tune ...

while anyone believing those who struggle in society should be penalised, they might first consider their input to both the argument, but moreover their contribution or indeed take, from that same society they look down upon.

i see renewed distinction made in latter posts, where now allotted family size has found perception of gravitas, as if it enforces some divisive way to try substantiate the unsubstantiable.

my circumstances as with most, will receive no benefit nor lift by supporting the extension of misery toward those in receipt of housing benefit and i feel slightly more justified in arguing the case in favour of those effected than i do toward those affecting.

where one UK citizen begrudges their part to the system, i feel their part of credibility thereafter deserves equal celebration as they would typically proclaim while depriving ...

As riddles go Ged, that is definitely one of your finest yet! :D

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »

As riddles go Ged, that is definitely one of your finest yet! :D

thanks bud ... 8)

Derek

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2013, 07:26:41 PM »

reminds me of Churchill at times......Winston that is, not the insurance company  ;)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »

reminds me of Churchill at times......Winston that is, not the insurance company  ;)

;D ... :P

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:49 PM »

Made perfect sense to me

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
housing benefit
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »

Potato?

Fynger

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

No....OK.

Niteowl

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »

Next election, im voting for GED and REB in a coalition :-)
I would place Scott in charge of the newly formed governments review on all things E-Cig related (cos he likes doing reviews  :P ) Can i ask in advance for the job as chancellor? Not that i think i would be good at it, but it would be fun to have the rich gits by the bollox for a change  :P

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:26 PM »

I cannot sit at the same cabinet table with you mate if you are gonna keep calling me Mr.Pink!
Also, If you are gonna be Chancellor, i will be voting against any of your proposals relating to giving away FREE Liverpool Tops in a
devious attempt to influence the young minds of Britain.  :P

kondor101

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2013, 01:36:56 AM »

I dont agree theres no one bed flats, again which you assume, the reason i cant get one is because im single not because of anything else, and certainly not because im in a 2 bed one.

If there are some empty one bedroom flats going spare I do not understand why they would want to leave them empty rather than move single homeless people into them.   

Is that really what they are doing?  Or, is it more likely that there is none available?

And if it is more likely that none are available then would it not be true that they are charging people what amounts to a type of fine, for under occupency, when these peoples real choice consists of either pay up or become homeless?  We are talking about the poorest people in the country,  and yet we are here talking about charging them a fine for living in accomedation that they have no choice but to live in or choose the streets. 

It is fine and good to have a liberterianism anti-government point of view on many things in life,  but I feel we must understand and remember that the difference between a liberterian and dickensian society is just a small jump which involves nothing more than ignoring the plight of the poorest in our communtiy.

LeeWink,  I am glad of your posts and am not trying to say you are wrong or bad.  To do so would be to assume I am right and good which itself would be wrong and bad. I am just making political arguments here and although it does make some assumptions and generalisations it would be incorrect of me to make too many assumptions about the person posting more than I need to make my point.  I do sometimes screw up and allow these assumptions to label someone wrongly, I am ashamed I did this to you.  I am just making an argument for the poorest in society here that happen to be under occupying their homes,  and you are making an argument for those who are finding it hard to get accomadation.   The only solution I can see is to build enough one bedroom properties that we can always have empty ones.  Once we have achieved that we can then start to fine people for under occupency of two bedroom properties.  To fine them before they have a chance of avoiding the fine is wrong I feel. 

To me it seems no different to fining someone for being poor and having a spare bedroom if you charge them before offering them alternative property.

I make another asumption that we both want there to be clear difference between those who work and those that do not,  but I am also sure we both agree that the difference should not be who lives under a roof and who lives in the street.  The problem with this policy that is being introduced in April is that it seems likely that some poor will end up on the streets.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:14:54 AM by kondor101 »

Niteowl

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »

I cannot sit at the same cabinet table with you mate if you are gonna keep calling me Mr.Pink!
Also, If you are gonna be Chancellor, i will be voting against any of your proposals relating to giving away FREE Liverpool Tops in a
devious attempt to influence the young minds of Britain.  :P

Called u REB didnt I  :P :P :P and as for the giving away of free Liverpool tops.....FREE...FREEE ??? Im gonna charge for em m8 :P We need it to be able to afford Lionel Messi, cos thats who were gonna need if we wanna win anything in the next few years  ??? And while im doing the budget, i'll be standin in my Liverpool shirt with The Demi-God KEEGAN on the back  ;D

No need to worry tho Reb, i'll be introducing a "sympathy" payment to ALL fans from either Manchester or London  ;) as they all obviously have a deficiency in the "common sense Chromosome".

leewink

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »

I understand your point entirely Kondor, and no problems oki, our "lot" have been there and seen exactly whats argued here, so i'm not condemning anyone, it certainly will be a hard change with many decisions forced, including as ive said MANY people I know and many who will have to make change aswell, and i'm not explaining it, but even hardships possibly facing myself in the future.

Again, no worries and have a good day :)

Tinytears

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

Every council has a house swap site where you could swap your larger or smaller house and get the size of house you're looking for either in the same area, town or a completely different part of the UK if you wish. It's more of a shuffle to reduce the waiting list for housing and gives tenants the choice for a bigger family to swap with someone who's kids have left home to move into something smaller.

After over 3 years on a waiting list for suitable housing I've finally got exactly what I need from the swap site, just waiting for the 2 different councils to approve it.

Private tenants have this option as well if both parties Landlords agree to the swap.

Diane

leewink

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »

yes they do tiny :)

vape on, lee
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up