Author Topic: If a Doctor asked you if you smoke?  (Read 9505 times)

Offline Rocc

• The best tea is cold
Re: If a Doctor asked you if you smoke?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Thing with vaping and smoking though, I guess everyone whilst smoking thinks that they will need to give up eventually. I'am not really sure what to do when it comes to vaping, whether to eventually quit that or not, since no one really knows what harm we are doing to ourselves, just that its better than smoking cigs.

the way i see it roll ups were killing me and making me feel so bad i could not work without stoping all the time to rest. if vaping is going to kill me well so be it i feel much better and work without resting all the time now. if a few year from now they say omg vaping is bad for you and your going to die if you do it. lol i was dieing anyway :P

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44:13 PM »
Well I don't feel "they need to know"  :P

nor do they ... makes it much easier when they refuse to pay out ... or prosecute, where the case may be ... ;)

How can they prosecute when the form simply asks if you smoke? If it said "do you vape" or "do you use any products that contain nicotine" and the person replied "no" then they would have a case for non payment / prosecution.......but if they are only asking whether you "smoke" then the truthful answer would be no.

I've never heard of a case of non payment due to a person answering the questions truthfully :)

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »
That i would agree with 100%. I used to sell insurance and am sure that vaping wouldn't class you as a smoker. You just need to answer the questions truthfully.

If asked if you still use nicotine then you would say yes. If asked if you use nrt then im sure you could truthfully say no because e-cigs are not nrt.

Offline buzbybarz

• Provari, Vamo, DiD, 2 Spheroids, KFL,VTR,KFL Clone
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
I went to see my doctor about my health issues. He showed me a graph ,to say i was shocked was an understatement. I was 54% chance of dying of a heart attack with smoking and 34% without.
I thought give up the stinkies cut down on the fat. I went to see him 6 months later and showed him my e-cig and he was happy. I asked him if vaping was ok .He seemed to know a good amount about it and said if it stops you smoking then carry on. He then marked my records as a non smoker. ;D

My Community

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 04:28:16 PM »
Thats Cool Buzby.......My Doctor thinks its great too, although my dentist made a remark about weaning myself off the e-cigs......I thought, ''Yeah right!''  :P....

Offline buzbybarz

• Provari, Vamo, DiD, 2 Spheroids, KFL,VTR,KFL Clone
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »
The only trouble Fiona is my taste buds have come back to life  :P
16 months now without stinkies and NEVER looked back.

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »
Well done on your 16 months stinkie free..... Glad your taste buds have awoken...But sorry if it means your munching on cake and all those other lovely foods  ;D

Offline dingledave86

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
i told my doc that im vaping and he said well done so i take it he aproves

My Community

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »

Offline VapeMad89

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 11:26:48 PM »
I went and did a peak flow test and lung capacity test after 8 months of using e-cigs and the doc said my results were remarkable. Followed by "what was it you said you did, electronic cigarettes?"
That was after 8 years smoking, well when I was 14 it was a gimmick but as 15 came around it turned into "get rid of the pack of 20 Richmond before lunch ends" god knows how much I spent on chewing gum and deodorant to mask  the smell from my Mum. Never had any money left for lunch! Anyway waffling on... But yea 8months  after say 7years of 20 fags a day as far as I knew my lung capacity and flow were sound. So the doc engaged in a good conversation about e-cigs. And of course I had to mention ECR.8)

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 05:33:25 PM »
Nice one Ollie......Its good to read that some of the Doc's approve....................... ;D

Now, I was shocked to get a letter from the Surgery today to invite me to their stop smoking cessation program..........I rang them up this morning and said, I've told the Doctor I gave up almost two years ago and its been mentioned a few times....And I said, its obviously not been added to my files, so please make sure it is...I will check when I go to the Doc next week.

Offline MARK W

• OOh look, shiny stuff!!
    • Marks Gutters
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »

tell your doctor everything that might be relevant, you do still take nicotine, so your doctor needs to know that,  your insurance company never gets access to your medical records, they just ask your doctor relevant questions
ie, has he had a heart attack, has he been diagnosed with cancer, is he defiantly dead.

HA HA! Yes he's defied all his creditors by dying.

Sorry, just tickled me :P

The one earlier about putting tobacco in the mouth and lighting it,
Why does the heat work like Listerine.:)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:12:39 PM by MARK W »

Offline jmalco

• Provari Mini & 69 Mod, & GLV
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »
Hopefully the day will come when doctors will ask if you vape as the standard question instead of do you smoke.

That would be great .

My Community

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »

Offline tenshi

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
Going with the majority here. Definitely say No, I quit. Not lying since vaping and smoking are worlds apart. Two totally different animals ^^

Offline kenflash

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
It as my doctor who put me on Vapes.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 03:11:56 PM »
cool 8) (if he/she asks now, you gotta wonder why he need) :P