Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UKIP - opposed to e-cig regulation and the TPD.  (Read 3396 times)

Gluggler

UKIP - opposed to e-cig regulation and the TPD.
« on: December 21, 2012, 12:53:24 PM »

UKIP have become the first political party, with representatives in the EU, so declare that they are firmly opposed to the electronic cigarette regulation proposed in the Tobacco Products Directive, and the TPD in general.

Paul Nuttall, the Deputy Leader of UKIP said :

''I find this particularly crazy as e-cigarettes are healthier alternatives to smoking. And, as I have previously said, the European Commission will not stop here, next it will be alcohol and foods,"

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/76356/cigarette-legislation-criticised

Now is the time to be contacting your Euro-MP's to express alarm about the proposed changes. UKIP's policy is clear, they are against e-cig regulation

- Now MEP's from all parties must be made aware of the importance of opposing the proposed changes.

Contact your MEP's now.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: UKIP - opposed to e-cig regulation and the TPD.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »

''I find this particularly crazy as e-cigarettes are healthier alternatives to smoking. And, as I have previously said, the European Commission will not stop here, next it will be alcohol and foods,"

as i read it, he didn't quite say it as now appears ... ::)

Gluggler

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »

Direct quote from the last paragraph in the article that was linked.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »

Direct quote from the last paragraph in the article that was linked.

absolutely ... but as it discounts the rest which would otherwise be important to the concluding paragraph, i wonder why it needed be left out ...
there was a recent period where one might have described this type of edit as "scaremongery"

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »

on rebalance, Labour gave huge sums to life sciences, some of which was used in order to further the development of e-cigs ...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »

BAT too would surely have considered every potential of if and how e-cigs will be kept available ... & before they spent 20-50 million pounds on buying them.

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

Qoute from your link:
"Menthol cigarette flavouring is lined up to be prohibited and a 'de facto' ban on electronic cigarettes is proposed. They will have to be authorised as 'medicinal products'.

Xander

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »

I am seriously considering writing to my MEP about this...

In fact, no, in fully intend to.  I just want to be sure I completely understand the issue so I can represent it properly.

Anyone else feel like taking a stand? 

RebelPants

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 09:42:35 PM »

Hi Xander,

It is Highly unlikey that they are going to BAN ecigs.
It is more likely that they will try and regulate them.
Goodluck,
Reb  8)

Xander

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »

Hey Reb,

Yeah, I think it's a reasonable outcome to expect as well.. I just want to be sure it turns out in our favour!

As soon as something becomes regulated, it's very hard to un-regulate it.  If it really came to it, I guess I'd be okay getting a prescription from my doctor for a month or two supply of nicotine fluid.

I mean, it's either that, or I stock up on nic-fluid now and lock myself away in a bunker until legislation changes :)

Xander

RebelPants

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 02:38:49 AM »

Hi Mate,

To be honest, i reckon if such regulation was to occur, it would probably be along the lines of requiring the ecig suppliers to use or obtain medical certification for their products. It might also mean a limitation of the strength on Nic allowed in the devices certified.
Note that BAT(british american tobacco) have just purchased intellicig who are already applying for this certification in both the UK and US.
Also note that limits on Nic levels of 4mg have been mentioned in the early proposals.
It is highly unlikey that we would require a prescription. Just as we do not require one now to buy Nic Patches.
So far, all that has been released is possible debating proposals. And a timeline of 2 years so i am told.
Nothing is written in stone, and the eurozone and the EU might collapse before this even gets discussed.
On the other hand.... If we had ANY decent ECIG Consumer organisation with a plan to persaude or try to change these new proposals,
we may not be left so unprepared for such legislation.
Goodluck,
Reb 
Pages: [1]   Go Up