Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT buys out Intellicig / CN CREATIVE  (Read 6884 times)

Gluggler

BAT buys out Intellicig / CN CREATIVE
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Tobacco Giant, British American Tobacco has bought out Intellicig and it's parent company CN Creative in a deal worth 10's on millions of pounds.

http://news.sky.com/story/1027436/british-american-tobacco-in-e-cigarettes-deal

Both CN Creative and BAT are preparing statements.

This follows from rumours that have been circulating in the business for some time now that Tobacco companies are poised to move in to the e-cig business.

The deal will see BAT pressing ahead and financing the 'Nicadex' product which will be seeking a market authorisation as a smoking cessation device.

As well as promoting the Intellicig range throughout existing distribution channels.

Companies like BAT have invested heavily over the years into developing distribution channels and will want to keep these after the tobacco display ban has forced them to cover up.

E-cig products will enable them to maintain a visible presence on the high street for their products.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: BAT buys out Intellicig / CN CREATIVE
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »

lot of moves going down ... wonder how this will effect the likes of vendors we're used to ... :-\

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »

can anyone confirm for me ... weren't Intellicig headed toward the pharmaceutical direction at one time?

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »

That is what I was hearing

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

yep, doing a touch of research and rediscovery ... hmmm, i wonder if ECITA are rallying to object to these moves :-\ ... lol

Derek

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »

rallying ? lol shouldn't it be an all out assault ? (more commonly described as all w!nd and p!$$)

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

yep, doing a touch of research and rediscovery ... hmmm, i wonder if ECITA are rallying to object to these moves :-\ ... lol

And I cannot imagine what the ECCA response will be................. ;)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »

rallying ? lol shouldn't it be an all out assault ? (more commonly described as all w!nd and p!$$)

yep ... this might be the point where we discover true agendas ... imagine the many of thousands of pounds forwarded to ECITA ... i wonder how they'll spend them now the time is upon them.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

And I cannot imagine what the ECCA response will be................. ;)

dont worry about that ... sure Sam has it covered and wont be allowing any BAT deal until he and santa have ironed out favorable terms for us the consumers ... ::) ... lol

Derek

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »

yep ... this might be the point where we discover true agendas ... imagine the many of thousands of pounds forwarded to ECITA ... i wonder how they'll spend them now the time is upon them.

just a wild stab in the dark but my guess is pub, real ale and some serious backtracking once the word "lawyer" is mentioned  ;)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »

"January 1998, BAT were working with a company called Vapotronic Ltd to develop a product called the Cigotronic - an electronic cigarette." ... "For reasons that are entirely unexplained, they decided not to proceed"

http://e-cig-reviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,4773.0.html

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »

WOW!
Its started. If the Tob companies are moving in, the whole ecita Political line may become dedfunct.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »

WOW!
Its started. If the Tob companies are moving in, the whole ecita Political line may become dedfunct.

it actually started a bit back when Lorillard bought up a large e-cig business ... ECITA though, well i'm a tad cynical and expect the DV aspect will be making moves to over-value themselves while contemplating sale toward a proverbial sunset.

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »

CN Creative(intellicig parent comp) sold to British American Tobacco

.....is understood to have been acquired for between £30m and £50m, according to informed sources.
The FTSE 100 giant, whose cigarette brands include Dunhill, Pall Mall and Lucky Strike, said the acquisition was a natural extension of its approach to tobacco harm reduction.
....Intellicig is stocked by more than 5,000 retailers and independent pharmacies in 26 countries.
The market for electronic cigarettes is worth £30m a year in the UK and 500 million dollars in the US. E-cigarettes are aimed at smokers who want to quit or cut down but still want a nicotine kick.
In addition to Intellicig, the firm is developing its own Nicadex product to meet anticipated regulatory requirements in the UK
......CN Creative(intellicig parent comp) achieved revenues of just over £2m in the 12 months to September and earlier this year received a £2m investment fillip from Advent Life Sciences in return for a 50 per cent stake.
.......the takeover by BAT was a 'game-changer' for the company.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/s/1596480_cn-creative-sold-to-british-american-tobacco-

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »

yep ... seen that ... i suspect a company as this could easily gain its MA licence so extend a virtual ban toward any competitor ... probably be very easy to do too under the circumstances.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:26:50 PM by itsmeitis »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up