Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "We have found problems with your computer"  (Read 5138 times)

Frankie

• Platinum Member
Re: "We have found problems with your computer"
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 06:11:52 PM »

I got to admit I'm kinda hoping they'll ring now just for the wind up  ;D

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »

the idea isn't to cost them the price of the phone call, its the price of an unproductive twenty to thirty minutes ... they probably find less than one occasional sucker in more than every hundred calls if that ...
each "f##k off" means they waste themselves less than a minute ... whatever their intent, twenty to thirty wasted minutes equates to a same amount of lost opportunities.

same works too for doorstep callers ... simply allow them in, sit them comfortably down and nip to the loo, while upstairs, detour into the bedroom and watch a good bit of telly.
at the point at which you believe they are about to leave, simply make a renewed presence as if distracted by speaking on the phone ... have them resettle and relax before scarpering again ...

by the time you come back, you tell them the phone call was important and you are now compelled to nip out ... hey presto, they are so bemused they never will come trying to sell you "the watchtower" ever again. ;)

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 06:34:31 PM »

the idea isn't to cost them the price of the phone call, its the price of an unproductive twenty to thirty minutes ... they probably find less than one occasional sucker in more than every hundred calls if that ...
each "f##k off" means they waste themselves less than a minute ... whatever their intent, twenty to thirty wasted minutes equates to a same amount of lost opportunities.

same works too for doorstep callers ... simply allow them in, sit them comfortably down and nip to the loo, while upstairs, detour into the bedroom and watch a good bit of telly.
at the point at which you believe they are about to leave, simply make a renewed presence as if distracted by speaking on the phone ... have them resettle and relax before scarpering again ...

by the time you come back, you tell them the phone call was important and you are now compelled to nip out ... hey presto, they are so bemused they never will come trying to sell you "the watchtower" ever again. ;)

cant agree with that mate...it means they are controlling your life for the time you are putting on a pantomime just to get some sort of revenge......
better just to tell them to **** off and get on with what you were doing before they invaded your space...lol

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
"We have found problems with your computer"
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 06:37:49 PM »

Or just invite them in GED and immediately start showing them e cigs and explaining all the intricacies of batteries and various juices - bet they will be gone before ya get deep into VG and PG bases :P

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »

they aren't controlling anything ... granted they first invaded our space, but thats the point at which their control ended and the invasion instantly becomes ours to take ... i get more fun from placing them on hold, misleading them and whatever else springs to mind at the time ... telling them to "f##k off" only reveals how they didn't gather their initial objective, but at least they caused us anger ...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »

Or just invite them in GED and immediately start showing them e cigs and explaining all the intricacies of batteries and various juices - bet they will be gone before ya get deep into VG and PG bases :P

i would happily do this ... i might not describe the devices quite as legal though as i'd hope they'd either crapped themselves or run off with a false call to the authorities. :P

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »

they aren't controlling anything ... granted they first invaded our space, but thats the point at which their control ended and the invasion instantly becomes ours to take ... i get more fun from placing them on hold, misleading them and whatever else springs to mind at the time ... telling them to "f##k off" only reveals how they didn't gather their initial objective, but at least they caused us anger ...

sadist..lol

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »

;D

DirkDampf

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »

Next time I say please wait I put you through and play a song of the Hoff in an endless loop. :P

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »

just tell them in no uncertain terms that no matter what happens during the course of the phone call, they will not be getting a single penny out of you..EVER.

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 07:36:26 PM »

They use vnc services to control your computer, then scour it for info. They're not after payment

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »

They use vnc services to control your computer, then scour it for info. They're not after payment
The computer owner is directed to a website and told to download a program that hands over remote control of the computer, and the caller "installs" various "fixes" for the problem. And then it's time to pay a fee: £185 for a "subscription" to the "preventative service".

its in the guardian artical dirk posted.

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 07:47:58 PM »

Afaik the majority of times in this type of scam they're looking more for information to use later than a fix fee

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 07:52:37 PM »

Afaik the majority of times in this type of scam they're looking more for information to use later than a fix fee

well they are a bunch of amateurs then...they should take a page out of the Nigerians book and just offer the victim a few million quid in exchange for bank account details....seems to have done the trick so far....I'm still waiting for mine though...lol

DirkDampf

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »

Or they install malware on to your pc and blckmail you to pay to get rid of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up