Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AGA-t problems  (Read 5719 times)

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
Re: AGA-t problems
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

2.9volts n 1.1 ohms my perfect vape  8)

zestoi

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 12:21:08 PM »

nice  :D that is some seriously low ohmage  8)

edit: out of interest... how is the vape different then if the res was just a bit higher with a bit more voltage?

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »

nice  :D that is some seriously low ohmage  8)

edit: out of interest... how is the vape different then if the res was just a bit higher with a bit more voltage?

flavour is more prominant at the low voltage and ohm, with inhale an exhale the flavour is powerful, it might be to do with the coil heating up faster, with it heating up faster i can get a nice kicck at the back of the throat, and if i want a better hit i take a longer drag , and flavour isnt compramized, its also a lot easyer to set up, but to get a 1.1ohm res i have to start at 1.4 1.3 and let the wire evolve into perfection, but i only get that perfection for around 3 days  :( and then i need to chaqnge the wire but its still fantastic at 1.3 1.4 while at 2.9volts  :o i think overal performance is improved, not by much but its noticable  :D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:13:35 PM by emtronea »

zestoi

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 01:48:52 AM »

flavour is more prominant at the low voltage and ohm, with inhale an exhale the flavour is powerful, it might be to do with the coil heating up faster, with it heating up faster i can get a nice kicck at the back of the throat, and if i want a better hit i take a longer drag , and flavour isnt compramized, its also a lot easyer to set up, but to get a 1.1ohm res i have to start at 1.4 1.3 and let the wire evolve into perfection, but i only get that perfection for around 3 days  :( and then i need to chaqnge the wire but its still fantastic at 1.3 1.4 while at 2.9volts  :o i think overal performance is improved, not by much but its noticable  :D

cheers for your reply, i've often been curious as to what the advantage are as i haven't yet been able to tell much difference with diff coils on my twist apart from the fact that the coil does get up to temperature faster with a lower res coil.

doesn't the resistance of the coil increase over time so if you started at 1.3 it may end up at 1.4 or 1.5 after a while? what type/thickness of wire and number of wraps are you using to get that epic 1.1ohm's? i've tried 3 wraps of .20 kanthal around two bits of 1.5mm silica in a vivi head which gets fairly low (need my vamo to turn up and then get some batteries so i actually have more of a clue about this kind of stuff  :P)

needing to change every 3 days sounds like a bit of a pain, but it's the price you pay for perfection i guess  :D my current coil on my genesis is 4 wraps of .20 and has been going over a week now i think.

Devlin

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 02:51:28 AM »

Is there a good wick isolator? To keep the wick where you want it. My atty has been getting hot and not that great of vapor production. Has anyone else tried heat shrinking the positive post on there atty? Is that a good idea or not? My rubber insalators kept ripping trying to make a plastic washer out of a credit card today, as suggested above.

zestoi

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »

Is there a good wick isolator? To keep the wick where you want it. My atty has been getting hot and not that great of vapor production.

surely it shouldn't be moving anyway once you've wrapped the coil around it? you don't want the wick loose inside the coil.

Has anyone else tried heat shrinking the positive post on there atty? Is that a good idea or not? My rubber insalators kept ripping trying to make a plastic washer out of a credit card today, as suggested above.

that sounds like a great idea to me... so far my ghetto approach of just some bog standard cellotape has worked well tho. i just don't have the top nut screwed down too tight and tend to have to take the top cap off and push down on the center post a tiny bit before screwing the atty onto a new battery. no biggie tho.

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »

Is there a good wick isolator? To keep the wick where you want it. My atty has been getting hot and not that great of vapor production. Has anyone else tried heat shrinking the positive post on there atty? Is that a good idea or not? My rubber insalators kept ripping trying to make a plastic washer out of a credit card today, as suggested above.

Heat shrinking may work, but it won't isolate the positive pole from the body of the AGA-T at the 510 end or at the nuts end. I think you'll also need some sort of washer to hold the post tight and push the positive connector in the 510 out enough. The supplied grommets isolate the post from the centre tube and have the flange to isolate each end from the body of the atomiser.

How did you shred your insulators? Making a hard plastic washer should only need your centre-post for the template.

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »

i was thinking about this post yesterday. So i went about hunt in my kit box. Right Ive found a way of solving this problem with out the plastic home made washer. you need some silicone tubing that you can get from a fishing shop to make bate hooks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-SILICONE-Tubing-Hose-Pipe-Pond-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Air-Pump-Carp-Tube-FDA-/130771449103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item6423be9b2a 1.5mm I.D x 3.5 O.D
slip that around the positive post and it fits nice and snug inside the outer post. No leeks down the post to the bottom and it makes it nice a tight when done up on the 510 connection

Chunky

• A vape in the hand is worth ....
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »

Nice work Cerbs, how ar you with washing machines  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up