Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to genesize!  (Read 5581 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Looking to genesize!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »

glad to hear it arrived ... (bad news re the keys mind)

obviously cant be sure if the same is true of your particular one, but mine do differ very slightly by the presence or absence of the filler screw ... i tend to prefer it in when it comes to the Cobra, but others prefer it out.

you probably will find the flavour improves as the setup beds in ... incase you haven't already, check the hole in the top-cap lines up with your mesh, and also look to determine if your picking up any hot-spots too (need remove top-cap to view) ... sounds like your gettin' to grips with it mind, so, good luck and enjoy. 8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:54:17 PM by itsmeitis »

Chunky

• A vape in the hand is worth ....
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »

Well done Andy great work...and the atty journey continues :D

andym

• ZMZX on VW with Vivi Nova!
    • ROMFT Seafarers Forum
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »

Well i filled it up again,and whipped up the voltage on the LT to 4.9 v and its already getting better.I will pop into a Hotel tomorrow and blag a cocktail stick or two to bung the hole up.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »

4.9v !!! :o ... that seems high ... might be fine though as it depends more upon the final resistance of the coil, but my highest personally, would be 4.2v as bound by a freshly charged battery.

andym

• ZMZX on VW with Vivi Nova!
    • ROMFT Seafarers Forum
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

Funny you should say that,its now down to 4.2 V.It must be me being a Genny Noob!

Tigggger

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »

andym, how are you getting on with this, and what was the problem with it and the zmax

ps got some of the swedish fish, nice recommendation  :)

zestoi

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 11:29:31 AM »

i'm looking to try a genesis style too, so just ordered a cheapo one from vapingthings but then.... saw this mentioned on ukvapers. going for about 10usd a pop, all (?) food grade stainless steel and going to be stocked by a uk supplier soon for less than 20quid. seems too good to be true. seems the chinese copycats are starting to copy using decent materials.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »

the chinese copycats ... lol ... but aside from that statement, the atty in your picture does look to be quite a cool looker.

zestoi

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »

yup - i do think that is one cool looking atty... i'll certainly grab one to try when they're available. shows the power of their production techniques when they can make them that cheap :) very interested to know how well it vapes. apparently the top part is just held on by an 'o' ring so u can align the air intake with the coil etc.

zestoi

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »

i also liked the look of this japanese made atty which is selling apparently for only 39EUR, tho no idea where from...

edit: found where to get it from... i may have to grab one at this price: http://www.vapor-freak.de/Phoenix-Mods/Arashi
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:00:26 PM by zestoi »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »

yup - i do think that is one cool looking atty... i'll certainly grab one to try when they're available. shows the power of their production techniques when they can make them that cheap :) very interested to know how well it vapes. apparently the top part is just held on by an 'o' ring so u can align the air intake with the coil etc.

i suspect a large contributing factor as to why they ably make them so cheap, might be due to the factory of use, producing similar type pieces for other applications ...
it is often the case that prejudice exists when it comes to products from china, but however ignorant those prejudiced, they forget it was someone from right there in that there country, who actually began it for us all.

a copy-cat by any other name might be the Zen, Provari, Cobra, iAtty or any other device replicating the 510 connector. ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:07:54 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »

i also liked the look of this japanese made atty which is selling apparently for only 39EUR, tho no idea where from...
again, another reasonable looking interpretation ... i think i like those too, but i prefer the looks of the first one.

zestoi

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »

i suspect a large contributing factor as to why they ably make them so cheap, might be due to the factory of use, producing similar type pieces for other applications ...
it is often the case that prejudice exists where it comes to products from china, however ignorant they forget, someone from right there in that there country, who actually began it for us all.

a copy-cat by any other name might be the Zen, Provari, Cobra, iAtty or any other device replicating the 510 connector. ;)

true re: the cobra etc ;) i guess they all are really apart from the guy who came up with the genesis idea and basically "open sourced" it.

i didn't mean anything derogatory (i had to google to check the spelling of that  :P) by saying copycats - but they are very very good at cloning things and making them cheaper. in fact i saw someone on ukvapers say something like he'd buy one of these and then if he liked it he'd then buy one of the "real ones"!!! i'm really not sure what doesn't make something that comes out of china as "real" as anywhere else, especially in the case of something like this atty.

zestoi

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »

again, another reasonable looking interpretation ... i think i like those too, but i prefer the looks of the first one.

me too actually though the second one is available now and is temptingly in my shopping basket. just trying to work out what the postage may be.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

I like the look of the second one....It looks a bit like a bee hive... ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up