Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: atomiser design  (Read 6716 times)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
Re: atomiser design
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 12:40:43 AM »

If you have a great ideal go with it....Hopefully you can find a machinist or tool maker who has the machinery you need.....Dont give up on a dream :)

I know a tool maker, maybe if you have some designs I can see what he thinks.?

SUSHIBOY

atomiser design
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »

Thanks fiona it could be good for me to talk to someone that is a machinist I might also try my local watch makers guild too

Now GED here's an I told you so moment where can I get the specs on what the thread and connection sizes are for 510

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »

Now GED here's an I told you so moment where can I get the specs on what the thread and connection sizes are for 510

::)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 01:36:25 AM »

if i were to set about an atomizer of my own working and design, i would incorporate the favourable compatibility of a 510 type connector.
i would have seriously researched the crucial characteristics and discovered how 7mm by 0.5mm might be the suitable size.

SUSHIBOY

atomiser design
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 01:54:21 AM »

Lol all ways with the rhetoric you are but thank you for that 

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 01:57:21 AM »

Lol all ways with the rhetoric you are but thank you for that
pleased to have shown that the idea was indeed less well thought out than was proclaimed ... ;)

Chunky

• A vape in the hand is worth ....
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »

Ere we go again lol...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »

Ere we go again lol...
not quite Chunky ... i actually do understand Si somewhat, hence my seemingly critical analysis of this latest venture ... unfortunately everything is less clear cut than might have first seemed, as may be coming ever more apparent by the basic questions still being asked and aimed toward myself ...  :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:08:16 AM by itsmeitis »

Chunky

• A vape in the hand is worth ....
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 02:07:17 AM »

Well you seem very driven sushi good luck and i will look forward to seeing it develop  ;)

DirkDampf

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »

There are some cnc forums  in the www  whith loads of cnc machinists you could ask.

valleys vaper

• bulli A2 TM - ego twist and passthrough batteries
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »

a number of years ago i worked in a metal working environment, with various bench tools that would be of great use in this venture, i have often looked at the parts of rebuildables and wondered and thought how i would go about making all the different bits, if i were still working in that field i would probably look alot closer at how they are made, as for designing my own, hmm, dont think im experienced or qualified enough after 3 months of vaping, owning a grand total of zero rebuildables at this moment in time... i think i would just try to copy an existing design, maybe a lil tweak here n there, this process alone would be a learning curve in itself, after seeing the pitfalls and problems with making these things may actually be an education and better place any budding atty designer, altho i have to wonder... what innovations are awaiting discovery in the world of atty design, theres not alot that can be done from my brief time looking at them, they are all quite simple devises, reinventing the wheel comes to mind,  without the access to metal working tho...... i think i may (or may not, lol) just buy one down the line.

that said tho, i wish you success in your venture sushi, and i eagerly await your design getting out of the design stage into a working prototype,
 it will be interesting to see the differences from existing designs. good luck

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »

during my time in vaping, i and others have often shared conversation pertaining to design and development of both mods and atomisers ... it was always interesting to discuss but quite obvious that it was much beyond our sole capability. of course there are those whom do have all the necessary expertise and facilities to suitably process an idea into final physical product.

the experience i have picked up along my journey has allowed me to witness mainly redesign come re-invention. that was, untill introduction of the genny principle which was given free to our communities by its creator stroke inventor and upon an ideal. this was a significantly different and highly successful approach to the inner works and function of vape kit ... it in turn spawned many interpretations of the one design and principle.
we all might in fact have a capability to redo a personal take and make slight adjustments to alter the eventual vape, and exposure to various devices allows us to understand the slight realignments and associate improvements that can be done.

another thing i have learned during my own vaping journey is how ideas are developed, copied, furthered and at times abandoned. i would expect many amid the forum have experienced the "nova". this to my mind, is a retake of another worthy product which in turn was likely inspired by a idea brought from an already existent disposable. indeed our first great re-buildable atomiser again shared characteristics of a separate disposable with which it shared its tanks ... the idea, indeed its direct design was then copied and in turn i have this very week seen a further direct reproduction even of the copy, including its fancy packaging.

needless to say, many of the products we know, use and love, are born from others and remain without patent. of course i am slightly knowledgeable in the aspect where i see someone express an idea which in fact belongs to others and so become doubtful, particularly where the approach talks of piracy and patent protection. this is not to say i dispute anyone protecting their own idea if the idea should first belong to them.

i do hope to see this atomiser at source of this thread and being how offers of help and advice have hopefully encouraged its coming, would suspect we'll have sight of it soon or eventually.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:02:24 PM by itsmeitis »

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »

indeed our first great re-buildable atomiser again shared characteristics of a separate disposable with which it shared its tanks ... the idea, indeed its direct design was then copied and in turn i have this very week seen a further direct reproduction even of the copy, including its fancy packaging.

I don't know if it's Bulli-Smoker you're talking about Ged. But if it is, they do seem to have a patent for some technology in their A2-T & A2-TM and indicate this on their website. It does not stop the copyists though! To me, it shows that it's one thing getting a patent, but quite another thing enforcing it with expensive international litigation - especially against some anonymous Chinese factory.

It may be worth getting a patent search done on any new idea to see if there is actually a patentable feature that isn't already in the public domain. I do agree with Ged though and think trolling patents is rather a morally bankrupt practice.

Sushi has obviously got a fair degree of technical aptitude, as shown by modding and improving his own devices. My advice to Sushi would be to go out and get a lathe and some of the many good books on how to use one. They are not that expensive and not impossible to use, especially with softer metals. I know this from studying mechanical engineering at university and using their machine hall to make some bits myself. Machining yourself a prototype would also give you a good idea of any practical considerations and tolerances in transferring your design from paper to metal if you did want to get a shop to mass-produce something.

The first consideration with a new design is to create a working prototype. Designs also evolve, so your initial design will probably need to be modified and adjusted before it is ready. Such iterations could get really expensive if you use an engineering company. Good luck with getting your idea realised, however you go about it.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »

yes Diz, i was referring to that very one, and knew of its patent at time of registration ... my point was as you have explained, patent means very little unless backed by legal recourse, let alone patenting a co-operative freebie.

the other points made, but seemingly welcomed as mean, are infact realistic and reflect upon other lesser obvious parameters ... hopefully i will be proved wrong to have doubted, the onus being with Si and his ability to produce this in keeping with his determined proclamations.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up