Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: atomiser design  (Read 6476 times)

SUSHIBOY

atomiser design
« on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »

I have been working on an design for my own atomizer and have finally come up with an idea that will work but i have no way at all of manufacturing a prototype so my question is how do i go about moving from paper to to metal and also how do i go about protecting my idea in terms of getting credit an possibly financial income if it actually becomes a useable saleable product

i know i usual get silly piss take replies to my posts but i really need some decent feedback for a change i really think that all you juice reviewers will want this atty

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
Re: atomiser design
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »

I would suggest talking to a light engineering company, or at least someone with a lathe or CNC machine, from what I understand getting from paper to a functional prototype is an expensive business. Good luck with it

SUSHIBOY

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:06:13 AM »

expensive is right i have also tossed the idea round in my head about approaching a manufacturer of mods and attys like siam or mm but once i have revealed the design it will be open for plagiarism or even theft and atleass an atty manufacturaer would have experience of what is possible and if it will work but i am certain what i have come up with will work

thanks funky

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
atomiser design
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »

First step would be to draw it in autocad to see if it will all fit together as you planned. Once you have done that, you have the drawings you need to approach a friendly precision machine shop.

If you have access to a decent lathe, mill and pillar drill, and are able to use them, all the better and far cheaper. It's been a while since I used them, but still have access to them in west London if you are close by.

Perhaps make your first prototypes in aluminium as A4 stainless and titanium are very hard to work.

Chunky

• A vape in the hand is worth ....
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:14:24 AM »

Good luck with that sushi, will be interesting to see how you get on. Im a bit feckless when it comes to that sort of stuff but my brother in law rebuilds old motor bikes BSA's, Triumph'sc etc and he is always fabricating his own parts that he can not buy or find online. I will tap him up and see what he says.  ;)

I Shall Not Recant

• Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »

Proper drawings. I believe that if you take a design to a machinist you need to provide him/her with relevant drawings with all dimensions (510 thread etc). Otherwise you end up with an atty that is 1 foot by 2 foot instead of 1 inch by 2 inch. Exaggerated but you get what I mean.

retroboystuckinthepast

• newish on ere but over 2 years vaping.love 2 mod
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »

cant wait to see the product, yes I second and third the CNC method.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »

wow Sushi ... man of so many talents ... only six months at it and inventing atomizers already ... :o

to be honest though, i would have thought the obvious step would be to nip around a few metal works and ask about ...

be really interesting to see what you've come up with, particularly being that your experience in the main is the DiD, which of course is but one genny of many.

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »

send a letter to ya self with the date on and dont open it, get it copyright or patend or sumut, and make a replica model  :D

DirkDampf

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

To give you a figure. Our machine shop charges £60 per hour of CNC  machining. I guess for the prototype it would take at least  two hrs per component  depending on how complex they are. So if your atomizer is made of 4 components it will cost you around £240. Producing them in bigger batches will be cheaper then.
To register it for an international patent it would cost around £ 8000.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:50:40 PM by DirkDampf »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 08:01:39 PM »

with such limited expertise, even the lowest figure of just £60, might be a venture too far ... i suspect many of us have at varied point, invented an atomiser or mod, but within our mind ... few though would post their exiting idea without first appreciating its limitation ... i do hope Sushi does have such fascinating an idea that thieves and pirates may seek to own, but i do feel doubtful at this point in time.

as this is perhaps less reality than might appear, i would suggest the better course might indeed be to heed your own advice and approach MM or Siam as per their knowledge in the field ... they can then either encourage your move forward, or indeed alert toward the associate flaws that i believe may exist.

SUSHIBOY

atomiser design
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

GED it never ceases to amaze me how negative you can actually be even if your right you certainly know how to kick someone down let alone when there down but if I had the money I would do even if I was the only person to ever get one its the 8 grand that is the killer
It's not a question if it will work it's a question as to if it will sell whether it works or not but I see where your comming from and do take on board what your saying
 thanks dirk keep an eye on your pm box

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 08:53:11 PM »

GED it never ceases to amaze me how negative you can actually be even if your right you certainly know how to kick someone down let alone when there down but if I had the money I would do even if I was the only person to ever get one its the 8 grand that is the killer
It's not a question if it will work it's a question as to if it will sell whether it works or not but I see where your comming from and do take on board what your saying
 thanks dirk keep an eye on your pm box
dont take it too badly bud ... realistic isn't necessarily a bad thing ... i observe the fact that you have extremely limited experience and wonder if this could hinder your pursuit to inventiveness.

i then consider that Andrew is having to explain and advise you on your query, and well, i think my point could infact be made.

i did also offer constructive advice in taking it to either of the two mod makers you knew of ... that might have been welcomed as helpful ... i suppose opinion is subjective.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:56:29 PM by itsmeitis »

SUSHIBOY

atomiser design
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »

No I like your advice it tickles me I am rattled about you rating of my experience and level of knowledge this I find quite hurtful in a funny kind of way and I had already chosen to ignore Andrew but what I wanted was what I got and that was from dirk he's info was perfect just some times your a tad judgemental about people's abilities based on chat some forum posts and a single meeting of less than 24 hours but I don't want to sound like I have lost it with you it's nice to have a grounding opion but don't to it an wave the your thick stick at me as its a bit mean

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 09:32:27 PM »

No I like your advice it tickles me I am rattled about you rating of my experience and level of knowledge this I find quite hurtful in a funny kind of way and I had already chosen to ignore Andrew but what I wanted was what I got and that was from dirk he's info was perfect just some times your a tad judgemental about people's abilities based on chat some forum posts and a single meeting of less than 24 hours but I don't want to sound like I have lost it with you it's nice to have a grounding opion but don't to it an wave the your thick stick at me as its a bit mean

look bud you are less aware than i had given you credit for ... your choosing to ignore Andrew for example, you obviously have no realisation of how clued up his idea was and naive your own interpretation thereof.

my advice came early ... it was to ask at a metal works ... indeed you seem now to respond well to Dirk, a metal worker ... notice anything in that.

my latter advice was to seek expertise where is best ... you may come to realise that too is perfectly sound advice.

if you do indeed intend to learn anything at all, you would need to embrace constructive criticism among the blind encouragement that might  ultimately send you to fall.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up