Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Foam Cart Mod (UK v USA material)  (Read 69142 times)

SwanVesta

Re: Blue Foam Cart Mod (UK v USA material)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »

hi swan,

fancy writing a quick guide on how to do the blue foam cart mod?........with a few piccies too? go on, i'll be your best friend  :-*  lol

it would be good for the people who dont know how to do it  :D

Not been around much this weekend and hectic week but sure - however Jaded would be sooooooooo much better at it ;D

SwanVesta

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32:46 PM »

ive tried pretty much all of the cart mods around and have not really been impressed with any of them..........one of the only ones i had not tried was the blue foam version.

i received a sample of USA blue foam from swanvesta and have just got round to trying it. not being totally sure of what to do and too lazy to go scouring the forums or youtube i decided to just have a go of what i think is meant to be done! lol

so quite simply i just cut a piece of the foam to the same shape as the opening of a cartridge but made it about 2mm bigger. i then filled the cart with e-liquid until it was just below the brim.....about 7/8th full. next i carefully pushed the cut piece of blue foam into the top of the cart and made sure it was flush with the brim. i then finished it by adding a couple more drops on to the foam, allowing each drop to soak in before adding the next.

Ermmmm Scott its PRECUT as in, cut to size for you :P (are you having a "Swan looks for an atty to attach to her carto" moment there ;) ;D)

Just squish it together with your tweezers and push it in, then pull it back up to the top of the cart and add a few drops on top if its a new clean square (I personally find when its just a refill no extra drops on top are required)

Swan

Tinytears

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »

Ooooh, Sorry that made me laugh so much, lol, sorry Scott.

Diane

SwanVesta

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 10:38:17 PM »

i am now a fully fledged blue foam convert!  :D

thank you swan for the sample!

cheers,

scott

ps.........i think this is very worthy of a video tutorial which i shall record tomorrow   :D

OH YIPEEEEE I dont have to do one now!! ;D

So pleased you like it Scott, I have ordered 10 bags so will send you another bag when that arrives -  hope I get a mention - my 2 seconds of vaping fame 8)

I will keep checking in the UK for match of foam but it appears thus far that this exact stuff is only made in the USA and as strictlyejuice sell it pre-cut to size with free shipping there is no point at all buying it in bulk form from the US.

~Swan~

SwanVesta

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »

Ooooh, Sorry that made me laugh so much, lol, sorry Scott.

Diane

Just so you can laugh at me too Diane - I really really did say to Scott that I couldn't try the cartomizer he had sent me as my 901 atty was at home - yes I really did ??? :'(

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 01:28:28 AM »

ive tried pretty much all of the cart mods around and have not really been impressed with any of them..........one of the only ones i had not tried was the blue foam version.

i received a sample of USA blue foam from swanvesta and have just got round to trying it. not being totally sure of what to do and too lazy to go scouring the forums or youtube i decided to just have a go of what i think is meant to be done! lol

so quite simply i just cut a piece of the foam to the same shape as the opening of a cartridge but made it about 2mm bigger. i then filled the cart with e-liquid until it was just below the brim.....about 7/8th full. next i carefully pushed the cut piece of blue foam into the top of the cart and made sure it was flush with the brim. i then finished it by adding a couple more drops on to the foam, allowing each drop to soak in before adding the next.

Ermmmm Scott its PRECUT as in, cut to size for you :P (are you having a "Swan looks for an atty to attach to her carto" moment there ;) ;D)

Just squish it together with your tweezers and push it in, then pull it back up to the top of the cart and add a few drops on top if its a new clean square (I personally find when its just a refill no extra drops on top are required)

Swan

not so fast with your wise cracks missy! lol  :D

i had seen a few vids on youtube where people were still cutting the foam down to make a pellet in the way that i had described above, so it was that method which i copied.

however!

i must admit that i was just coming back on here to edit my original post to say its actually easier to bend the foam in half and then push it in the cart! lol

dont worry swan, i will make sure you DEFINITELY get a mention in the vid! he he  (just kidding, you will of course get a nice mention of thanks  :-* )

but the pellet type method does actually work really well, plus it allows the cart to hold a little more juice........but i do prefer the easier of option :D

now where did i put that cartomiser?  :P

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 06:01:22 AM »

Yes, I've seen those scissor-snapping vids too, but I belong to the Bend-It-Like-Vesta gang!

I do hope Strictly eJuice keep going - they haven't had any vaping "hardware" in stock for the past two months and all these free international foam orders must be putting a strain on their over-heads. If you're planning an order from them I can recommend their 3ml keyring juice bottles - they're rather nifty and surprisingly useful.

SwanVesta

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 10:36:43 AM »

Good morning :)

OK, hands-up, I admit I have not watched videos modding the pre-cut blue foam and Im not going to be tempted - staying firmly in the bend-it-like-vesta gang ;D  I usually call it a squish but hey a bend works too ;)

I am mildy interested in making a pellet but no I will not give in!
I do wonder why people want to mod a pre-cut mod - I think they just like fiddling because they are creative, whereas I just want something that works straight from the pack. It works so why bother?

Im even getting a little bored with DIY mixing and looking at the offers for example currently on DV juice which is good quality stuff, the DIY method is hardly even saving much money so whats the point? Back to being creative and fiddling because you enjoy it I think. Problem for me is that I have months and months worth of stock but Im going to run it down and return to off the shelf eventually.

If an outlet sold at a reasonable price - 510 whistle tops, blue foam plug, prefilled with good quality high flavour juice I would just go buy 100 packs

~Swan~

p.s. Jaded - I also bought one of the 3ml keyring juice bottles - very useful I agree

Jackie

• UK Vapers
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »

I'm a 'bend it like Vesta' member too.  :D

I could do with finding a way for these to work in an 801 cart though, the pre-cut pieces are just too small.  :(  I'll have to try again with 2 pieces I think.

Tinytears

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »

Ok, I'm not going to laugh at anyone, not after Swans admission to the Carto, lol, sorry that slipped out.

Would 2 or 3 pieces put vertically and bent in an 801 cart not work Jackie.

Diane

Jackie

• UK Vapers
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 12:24:01 AM »

I'll let you know Diane, when I next get the urge to use a BE112.  I'm madly in love with the 510 LR atties atm so it might be a while.  :D

SwanVesta

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »

I'll let you know Diane, when I next get the urge to use a BE112.  I'm madly in love with the 510 LR atties atm so it might be a while.  :D

Jackie
where did you buy your current love from?

Moog

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

I'd like to thank Swan for sending me some foam :-* :-*

SwanVesta

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

I'd like to thank Swan for sending me some foam :-* :-*

I'd like to respond to Moog that he is very welcome :-* :-*
and I hope his little square of vaping heaven brings him as much joy as I have had reading his prolific posts over the last year ;D ;)

Jaded - where IS that bucket! :-X

Jackie

• UK Vapers
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 09:21:33 PM »

Jackie
where did you buy your current love from?

My 510 LR atties are from TW.  :)  They're the only place selling them in the UK atm I think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up