Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Foam Cart Mod (UK v USA material)  (Read 69230 times)

SwanVesta

Blue Foam Cart Mod (UK v USA material)
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »

I have received my pre-cut blue foam mods from strictlyejuice in the USA and they are entirely different material than any blue foam I have been able to source in the UK

FAR SUPERIOR and worth buying at $7.50 for 10 bags - ?4.50 for 100
Plus free shipping and fast delivery too (did get some juice at the same time to qualify for the free shipping but to be honest the jury is out on that thusfar!)

I have attached a photo to show the difference

The more solid darker blue material is the USA pre-cut

~Swan~

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:37:37 PM by SwanVesta »

SwanVesta

Re: Blue Foam Cart Mod (UK v USA material)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »

Might show better on this close up shot (couldnt post both on first post due to size restrictions :)

SwanVesta

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »

For any newbies not aware of blue foam, it is an alternative filler to the standard filler used in carts. However it is more of a plug on top of your juice (it does not fill the cart)

IMHO it is far superior in all ways and even beats dripping!

In the last 12 months I have used all the popular cart mods and the blue foam is a clear winner

Any questions, just ask

~Swan~

Moog

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »

Swan.....yes it is very different I have the lighter blue foam. I can still smell the chemicals on the light blue foam can you on the US sourced? thanks.... :)

Jackie

• UK Vapers
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »

No funny smell that I notice on my US pre-cut foam.  Well, not the unused pieces anyway.  :D

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »

Months ago I bought some UK Fluval branded blue foam and, being the cautious so-and-so that I am, I did a little test by holding a flame 10mm away to test its heat resistance. It burnt very nicely thank you, melting into a skin-scalding, stinky goo in less than a nano-second. I subsequently ordered some of the American variety from Strictly eJuice at 75c (48p) for a bag of ten. I tested it in the same way and, thankfully it didn't combust like a magnesium flare as the UK stuff had. Consequently I ordered a further 10 bags -  a whopping $7.50's worth (Hey Big Spender!). Because its resilient and washes out really easily I doubt that I will need to order any more for the foreseeable future.

It seems that not all blue foams are created equally, regardless of whether they say Fluval on the box or not.

SwanVesta

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »

Swan.....yes it is very different I have the lighter blue foam. I can still smell the chemicals on the light blue foam can you on the US sourced? thanks.... :)

No not all Moog - PM me your addy and I will send you a little sample :)

SwanVesta

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »

Months ago I bought some UK Fluval branded blue foam and, being the cautious so-and-so that I am, I did a little test by holding a flame 10mm away to test its heat resistance. It burnt very nicely thank you, melting into a skin-scalding, stinky goo in less than a nano-second. I subsequently ordered some of the American variety from Strictly eJuice at 75c (48p) for a bag of ten. I tested it in the same way and, thankfully it didn't combust like a magnesium flare as the UK stuff had. Consequently I ordered a further 10 bags -  a whopping $7.50's worth (Hey Big Spender!). Because its resilient and washes out really easily I doubt that I will need to order any more for the foreseeable future.

It seems that not all blue foams are created equally, regardless of whether they say Fluval on the box or not.

Good to know J - I have suggested to Abe he should stock it as Im sure it would bring more business his way from UK & EU

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »

hi swan,

fancy writing a quick guide on how to do the blue foam cart mod?........with a few piccies too? go on, i'll be your best friend  :-*  lol

it would be good for the people who dont know how to do it  :D

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 05:11:25 AM »

hi swan,

fancy writing a quick guide on how to do the blue foam cart mod?........with a few piccies too?

Don't forget to wear your elbow length black satin gloves too Ms Vesta!

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 12:41:37 AM »

ive tried pretty much all of the cart mods around and have not really been impressed with any of them..........one of the only ones i had not tried was the blue foam version.

i received a sample of USA blue foam from swanvesta and have just got round to trying it. not being totally sure of what to do and too lazy to go scouring the forums or youtube i decided to just have a go of what i think is meant to be done! lol

so quite simply i just cut a piece of the foam to the same shape as the opening of a cartridge but made it about 2mm bigger. i then filled the cart with e-liquid until it was just below the brim.....about 7/8th full. next i carefully pushed the cut piece of blue foam into the top of the cart and made sure it was flush with the brim. i then finished it by adding a couple more drops on to the foam, allowing each drop to soak in before adding the next.

go to be honest, i really was not expecting much and just assumed that it would be very little difference in performance to any of the other cart mods out there..........but rather surprisingly it worked an absolute treat!

it vaped consistently through out, and when the vapour eventually started to fade i removed the piece of blue foam and was astounded to see that the cartridge was completely bone dry...........not a drop of wasted e-liquid in sight!

i am now a fully fledged blue foam convert!  :D

thank you swan for the sample!

cheers,

scott

ps.........i think this is very worthy of a video tutorial which i shall record tomorrow   :D

Jackie

• UK Vapers
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »

I was like you Scott, been a confirmed dripper for months and was extremely sceptical of this stuff.  But it really does work.  :)

The pre-cut pieces from strictlyejuice.com are well worth getting, you only need spend $10 for free postage.  Only downside is they don't work well in an 801, but if you only use 901/510 atties you should be good to go.  :)

Moog

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 02:41:47 PM »

This is good news......trust me to get the wrong foam...LOL

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »

You could always buy an aquarium and some fish to justify your purchase...

Moog

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »

LOL....with three predatory cats they wouldn't last long....they've got all the frogs. :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up