Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vivi nova vs DCT  (Read 12323 times)

Frankie

• Platinum Member
Re: Vivi nova vs DCT
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 12:33:39 AM »

Bought a Vivi Nova last week from vape escape,have had my favourite juice in it all week,cant help thinking the taste is slightly tinged,maybe burnt,but dying to re wick it and see what happens
From what I've gathered from a few YouTube vids the wicks aren't great but once u re-wick them with a better wick and coil they're supposed to be a lot better. Re-wicking looks very simple. I still think I'll end up buying both. ;D

Alzie

• I love bums
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »

Dont think you will be disappointed with it Frankie,it has lots of merits and is basically and easy cheap rebuild able,its been sat on top of my LT all week and every so often I just squirt a bit more juice into it

bob2709

• 3 Years in february since i switched
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »

Would definetely go for the vivi nova and rebuild it yourself. Wick an wire is cheap enough. i have the dct too, but proper cartos are quite expensive, around double the price of boge xl's.

zestoi

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »

sorry to raise a necro thread from the grave... but anyone have any advice on a good/cheap place to buy some wire and wick from to rebuild vivi heads?

i saw someone mention this link in another thread for wicks but would be nicer to get both wick and wire from the same place

http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/fiberglass_Silica_wick_2mm-15mm-1mm/p649230_2911788.aspx

i've seen 32 gauge wire mentioned and 2mm if i just wanted two wicks. any advice appreciated ;)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »

it works out very inexpensive to buy wick from the link you mention, and the wire from ebay ... 0.20 kanthal or 32 gauge as per its american sizing.

retroboystuckinthepast

• newish on ere but over 2 years vaping.love 2 mod
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »

vivi nova hands down, more crisp and tastefully satisying. DCT old and boring now  :D

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »

sorry to raise a necro thread from the grave... but anyone have any advice on a good/cheap place to buy some wire and wick from to rebuild vivi heads?

i saw someone mention this link in another thread for wicks but would be nicer to get both wick and wire from the same place

http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/fiberglass_Silica_wick_2mm-15mm-1mm/p649230_2911788.aspx

i've seen 32 gauge wire mentioned and 2mm if i just wanted two wicks. any advice appreciated ;)

it works out very inexpensive to buy wick from the link you mention, and the wire from ebay ... 0.20 kanthal or 32 gauge as per its american sizing.

here's a link to the various options.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=kanthal+a&_sacat=0&_from=R40

zestoi

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »

cool cheers - i had half thought about ebay...

here's a link to the various options.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=kanthal+a&_sacat=0&_from=R40

perfect! really appreciate that... i suspect one of those will keep me going for some time :)

the wicks on this vivi head only look like about 1mm across, think i'll grab some wire from ebay and the 1mm silica wick from cig-eliquid.co.uk

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 11:11:57 AM »

yes ... good choice ... 8)

i can also recommend from the various ebay sellers , either of the following, pmtoolco (America), vapourbase and buymywire (Germany) ... 8)
each of those have proved excellent in past transactions ... 8)

zestoi

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »

cool, i'll have a look for some of those sellers then ;) i imagine once u start wrapping your own coils there's no going back, especially with being able to save some money (which i'm sure will go towards other mods mind u) the wick+wire will be handy for my ego-customizer too.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

yes it becomes very economical ... the savings can be great 8)

zestoi

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »

the prices of some mods are just scary tho :o i love the look of a lot of the genesis style atties and larger battery mods but can't see me affording too many of those for a while... a V4 lavatube seems great for the price and it has all i want (i think) with variable voltage, large batteries and resistance checking. not too worried that the actual voltage from the PWM is higher than it's set to, i'd just use it like my twists and adjust to taste.

edit: also not sure whether to go for a young june or lrider v4, haven't seen any reviews comparing the v4's yet i don't think

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

adjust to taste is as good as it need be to be honest ... :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up