Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DID brass pole corrosion  (Read 1122 times)

smokee

DID brass pole corrosion
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

got my DID 2-3 months ago and been using it since. I took it apart to clean it a couple of weeks ago and the brass centre positive pole thingy had some corrosion and was a bit black/green. I tried to clean it with isopropyl alcohol but i obviously couldn't get it all off, also the brass nuts are now a lot blacker/stained compared to when i got them, as is around the sides of the bottom end where the battery connects (kind of hard to explain)

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same and if it's likely to be a problem? especially down the line. I wonder if the stainless steel pole and nuts that e-vape.gr now sell would be a better solution. Although i heard that it wouldn't conduct as well.

Seeing as the centre brass pole does not come into contact with e-liquid the only thing i can think of is some e-liquid has dripped down from the top. Edit: Obviously the top threaded bit of the brass pole can come into contact with the e-liquid but the staining/corrosion was on the non-threaded section

Would like to hear others opinions if possible. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:38:53 PM by smokee »

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
Re: DID brass pole corrosion
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »

sussi boy is a did fan boy he might know why. or maybe not but im sure he will tell you something when he looks at this post

have you had a go at it with Braso

Kross

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:59 PM »

Copper oxidation, nothing to worry about, i have that with the ego batteries too. In plain air, without adding moisture, copper will oxidate pretty quick.
If you're worried about that, get the center pole out and give it a rub with a cloth and some copper polish, it'll be good to go for a while.

Grtz.

smokee

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »

appreciated fellas, glad to know its normal. havent tried brasso, will look out for some.
Pages: [1]   Go Up