Author Topic: The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)  (Read 18158 times)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
do people realy want to remove themself from the annual party to sit in a boring meet of the minds that are no further forward today than was yesterday ... indeed i'd describe the achievement as backward.

Offline Big Bill

• Platinum Member
  • Squonking ...
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Fair enough, I am all for the party!  8) ;D

It certainly appears that ECCA doesn't appeal to those it is suppose to help/protect ... in it's current format anyway! Never mind, it sounded a good idea at the time but it looks like the wrong cooks got hold of the kitchenware :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:46:18 PM by Big Bill »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
it may be that a meet is planned BB, i have no idea personally ... but seeing the dissapointment of last years attendees who left with limited time to spend with the friends they had made during months, perhaps years, im sure the ECCA hours took their own toll.

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
    • Campaign for Vaping in Pubs
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »
The whole ECCA problem is about nobody caring - Ged, you obviously do, so why don't you put yourself forward and move it in the way you (and others) wish it to go?

At present, the political stance is generated by the 2 people who are running it because nobody else has wanted to help in a positive manner (ie giving up their own personal time to get it working).

The active members of ECCA are only there because they are passionate individuals who see ecigs as something to be treasured and defended.

If other people know a better way to move ECCA forward, they should get involved and spend their time helping sort out the issues rather than talking about them on a forum.

As I've said before, myself and CAM-VIP cannot be part of ECCA anymore and maybe others who are currently fronting it up shouldn't - but who is willing to fill that gap?

Is the gap worth filling??

I think so - as a consumer but other people may disagree.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »

Offline Big Bill

• Platinum Member
  • Squonking ...
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2012, 12:38:19 AM »
...At present, the political stance is generated by the 2 people who are running it because nobody else has wanted to help in a positive manner (ie giving up their own personal time to get it working)...

I think you will find our Fiona has given up plenty of her own personal time and enthusiasm, in a positive manner, to try to get it working  ;-)

Offline funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
...At present, the political stance is generated by the 2 people who are running it because nobody else has wanted to help in a positive manner (ie giving up their own personal time to get it working)...

I think you will find our Fiona has given up plenty of her own personal time and enthusiasm, in a positive manner, to try to get it working  ;-)

+1 absolutely and often with no acknowledgement!

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
Fiona puts in plenty of positive input in the meetings and I know she has spent a lot of time looking into the other side of consumer issues.  The 2 members I speak of are the ones updating the website/blogs etc. hence the overly political content.  Many things have been brought up such as flyers with simple info on for different interested parties, Fiona organised a printer but are they getting printed?  Simple answer = NO (as no money transfer has been requested). The focus of the main two is elsewhere.

The committee needs other active people like Fiona who can generate some balance and perhaps ECR is the place to find them as there is an established membership of passionate people who regularly talk about consumer issues in the chat room on an evening.

The input from other forums has been none since the beginning of this year, in fact ECCA has been totally forgotten on them.  This place has people who do care about the position ECCA has taken, so it could be time now to take the driving seat and move ECCA forward in the direction they believe it should be going.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:57:30 AM by CAM-VIP »

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2012, 09:15:11 AM »
rusty, please explain to me in clear concise terms why i as a vaper NEED ecca.

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2012, 09:15:11 AM »

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
You need nothing Pete as you is the full package :P :D

I always thought that there should be 2 sides to ECCA;

The awareness side
To provide clear information about ecigs to increase awareness of the issues involved by correcting any mis-information out there and producing a sensible set of guidance documents for a potential user.

The consumer side
Produce a set of standards that an ecig user should expect from the vendors/manufacturers and a complaints procedure so that specific issues can be tackled with a positive outcome for the consumer.

The first aspect is being tackled up to a point but it is being diluted by unnecessary anal-ising.  Simple, easily readable and downloadable pdfs is all that is required.  The second aspect has not been tackled at all because ECCA does not have the right people involved at present.

As you know, the steering committee came up with a 'constitution' which I believe is what should be being acted upon. Dave Hook (West2) was primarily the author of that document and I think it is well written.  Unfortunately, the involvement of Dave ceased not long after then, so the 'balanced' approach left.  It has not mattered how hard Fiona or myself have tried to balance the content out, the google rating and political aspect have been deemed more important by Chris and Sam.  The only way it can be addressed is for individuals to produce the neccessary documentation themselves and present it to the committee.

Do we really need ECCA?
Not in its current form perhaps but I still believe that we need something there as a fall-back especially as the number of 'vendors' buying poor quality stuff from China or mixing liquids in their kitchens is growing at a huge rate.  There are bound to be problems that need to be addressed by some organisation other than Trading Standards as the 'word' about such problems needs to be shouted out to the ecig community, not buried in an official document somewhere.

Any road, why should I care?
Some people just do - I'm one of them and so do a number of empassioned people on ECR.  Only people who care can make a difference if one is needed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:50:20 AM by CAM-VIP »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
i will just say that while i respect the additional contributers whom do infact commit selfless time and effort, i had kept from refering to them as per the critical or negative tone at which i approached this thread.
i did this purposely with specific intent of fair play so as not to unduly tar those with a negative brush, particularly being as those others have zero influence over the negative aspects of ECCA or the worsening activities that cause discontent.

with this now said, i shall also point out that numerous volunteers have selflessly aided ECCA in varying degrees ... those volunteers reflect no place in either the poor running, nor poor decisions as made.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
not to detract from the many things i have mentioned already, but i notice ECCA still display facebook group page ads from those whom incidentally afford favours toward the inner ECCA close friends as outlined at reply #40.

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
Got in from work at 7.15pm - read this and realised I'd forgot to delete the CAM-VIP spam from the FB page (as opposed to the group) - all done now :)

If you spot anything else Ged, please let me know as I want to remove myself as far as I can from ECCA.

Cheers!

Russell

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
in reply to a post elsewhere but late this afternoon alerting notice of an ECCA meet this very evening, and containing this statement as signoff "Don't complain about us not doing something IF YOU AREN'T HELPING
- you're part of the problem, not the solution.",
i would like to further point out the inconsistent tones that alienate those serious consumers alike myself.

of course we can see a pathetic snipe toward the consumer as patently apparent, but let me again point directly to the facebook group page where advertisements even now, still exist.
i realise the person bringing those ads, is indeed currently the ECCA number three, but i see no legitimate reason why those specially permitted to advertise and particularly one whom operates contrary to championing of consumer interests within statute law.

12 July at 18:19. for example, demonstrates just one of the ads by the vendor favoured for contributions attributed to a seperate project by ECCA's current number three.

please ECCA, consider on your own antics before rubbishing those whos stolen name you hang behind while alluding to support i.e. the consumers.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:46:37 PM by itsmeitis »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2012, 06:07:28 PM »
 ???
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:19:40 PM by itsmeitis »