Author Topic: The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)  (Read 18161 times)

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
    • Campaign for Vaping in Pubs
Re: The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »
I understand and agree with what you are both saying however, any association of any type starts with enthusiasts and when there are enough interested parties the right people do the right jobs and it becomes established.

If one just sprung up with offices, employees, media coverage etc etc - I would be more suspicious of it.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
but while they regularly publish "look at how clever we are" type articles of traditional cigarette owners and pharmaceutical bashing, the real work has outgrown their one best oppertunity.

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »
I understand and agree with what you are both saying however, any association of any type starts with enthusiasts and when there are enough interested parties the right people do the right jobs and it becomes established.

If one just sprung up with offices, employees, media coverage etc etc - I would be more suspicious of it.

you cant see the wood for the trees rusty...lol...you are so close......successful organisations grow because they are NEEDED and support grows from the public and government.......that is not going to ever happen to ECCA.....it's over mate.

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »
You're probably right.

As far as I'm concerned ECCA is a good idea in theory but without the support from the consumers to help it grow it will die.

Any road, I'm off for a pint :P

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
"without the support from the consumers" ... lol
refer to page one post one ... :P

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
enjoy your pint rusty....i will join you for one at fest..lol

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 02:04:25 PM »
good to see you still here reading this thread Sam ...

i should just add, i notice the advertisements remain upon your facebook wall and inspite of your latest entry there ... ;)

"there is no undertaking by either TobaccoTactics.org or the University of Bath that any part of this site is accurate" - I found this little gem on the tobaccotactics general disclaimer page :)

have you noticed that your use of the ECCA facilities could be easily construed as an abuse in persuit of your personal amusement ... ::)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
testimonial from the ECCA Facebook page:

"ECCA UK exists in order to promote consumers' rights and to provide correct information about electronic cigarettes. We ...will act together with other consumer associations in Europe and elsewhere to promote the interests of the growing number of smokers worldwide who have found a better alternative and who demand that their rights are respected.

We will support the e-cigarette industry in initiatives that benefit the community; we will promote consumers' interests at local, national and European level; we will provide research resources; we will provide media resources; and we will work for consumers to ensure that trade standards are maintained and improved."

so in light of that statement/testimonial, are there plans or decisions on when any of the above might begin ...?

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
we will provide media resources;

thats a good one,  they cant even provide a confrence room for theirselves ...they have to scrounge it off scott every time...ha ha ha.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
that one seems practical to be honest as the facility does go spare ... but ... when they fail to even let anyone know they have a meeting, thats when questions need answering ...
incredibly, they did on that occasion still make their two nearest and dearest in on the appointment ... strange as it sounds. ::)

Offline samuelmunro

• ECigUsers
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »
Just to clarify Ged. When you mean the facebook page are you meaning the facebook group here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/eccauk/ ?

I'm more than williing to go through evey post and delete any reference to a vendor.

That will include Cam Vip as from time to time there may be an image of Safercigs shown for example purely because of Daz's support of Russ's venture.

I'll also have to remove any that link to RY4 Radio as the same happen due to company sponsorship of that show.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
by CAM-VIP, i assume you mean the same CAM-VIP whom produce their own e-liquids as sold in none chip complient vessels.

by safercigs, do you mean he whom refused full refund to consumers upon reciept of faulty product, or indeed he whom sold Kicks prior to reducing the SOGA amid his claim america told him to do so.

and do you mean RY4 radio as fronted currently by Intellicig vendor and ECCA treasurer who brings additional adverts to ECCA based on a two pound tank atty.

yes would be my answer.

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »

Offline samuelmunro

• ECigUsers
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
'tis being done.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
lifted from a current discussion on ECCA facebook:

" I do find it astonishing that there are those that would have expected us to have already moved mountains in less than a year of official existence, with no financial backing or seed money. "

i doubt there are any who believe ECCAs poor decision to encourage particular advertisements from their close vendor friends, is akin to moving mountains ... ::)

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
by CAM-VIP, i assume you mean the same CAM-VIP whom produce their own e-liquids as sold in none chip complient vessels.

Just to clarify;

The eliquids have never been sold in those bottles.  Only VW sell the liquids and Dekang produced them to my recipe ideas.

I agree that the CAM-VIP posts should be removed from the ECCA FB page though