Author Topic: The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)  (Read 18167 times)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
as a consumer alledgedly able to rely on the relative organisation, i feel i have a right to voice. i do not feel comfortable within the climate of invite but still strongly wish to air my voice.
fot this reason i am responding here to the discussion taking place there:

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-The-official-ECCA-hostility-thread

i would very much like to put my opinion across too, but upon receiving penalty against my previous comment at that same forum, i feel it could again grate against the mindset of the moderator and whomever misconstrued in accordance with distorted judgement ... i therefore wonder why this limited discussion is not open to a wider audience where myself and potentially other genuine consumers of valid point, need not avoid the weight throwing that stifles my critical but relevant points.

Here are just some individual observations:

1: The ECCA room was formerly and exclusively a locked room where a group of unlikely folk held discussion. The group consisted heavily toward vendors of persuasion contrary to that of a genuine consumer.
Indeed a vendor as their treasurer was never the brightest of ideas.

2: In closed ECCA style, a mishap led to a real time leak of live conversation across video chat rooms. that live and particularly interesting discussion revealed less than complimentary opinion pertaining to individual consumers.

3: Points raised in open ECCA meetings are often taken to deaf ears, be it ignorance or contempt, the consumer has no function other than to populate their room.

4: A recent incident in the M6 mega bus fiasco, led to sensible policy reportedly introduced by stagecoach. ECCA directly advised to flout that policy.

5: The last ECCA meeting returned to the familiar pattern where, behind their password locked door, they, i.e. the two that quantify ECCA, where accompanied again by their original treasurer vendor and their other friend whom too flogs e-cigs in pursuit of goal.

In addition to the points already that alarm me, there are many further inconsistencies which lead me to question why ECCA exist and what ECCA actually aim to do. And indeed who for?

I do believe that ECCA are a consumer organisation like no other and incidentally a trade associations dream.
Personally, i see more harm than good from a consumer organisation of such kind when in its current form. the distraction might infact explain why an industry can routinely dilute consumer right within uk law, and why we inevitably rely on putting up with various malpractice that might otherwise be brought to bare.

of course there may be some who believe attacks at traditional cigarette companies are the way to support e-cig consumers ... i unfortunately do not. i do not sympathise with the intent nor the relative misuse of otherwise valuable resourses. neither do i see reason to repeatably call question at expence of a pharmaceutical industry while simultaniously expressing zero involvement there-in.

the vendor adverts on the ECCA facebook page too. astounding!.

it is little wonder that ECCA meets are very limited in attendance and including appointees whom seldom turn up. the situation is something of a joke, but a sick joke when all things considered.

Offline Gluggler

Re: The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »
Interesting points. I wasn't aware of several of the points that you rasied. Thanks

Offline funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
You certainly raise some very tought provoking points there Ged.

Offline samuelmunro

• ECigUsers
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
There are points you raise there that I do seriously want to fix, it's helpful to see them in written form so as they can be tackled.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »
then tackle them ... i brought important points direct to you at a very early stage ... yet they still exist.
it is somewhat deceitful to suggest the points might, now written down, be subsequently tackled, as you too already knew of them, being that you were at EVERY meet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:12:32 PM by itsmeitis »

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »
its just a stupid little club called ecca,  its not real, they have no authority or official seal of approval.
its totally irrelevent whatever they do.....a group of kids playing in their parents garden shed pretending to be the earths rulers have the same relevence.
when this farce first started rolygate the driving force behind it said.....we need vaping superstars like dave dorn and andy sutton.....lol i wonder if those two would still be kicking the can down the road.
dont hold your breath on those answers ged....well you might get a sort of reply after they hold a couple of hundred more important meetings.
yep the shark infested waters of  e cig shopping is a very dangerous place indeed....thank goodness ecca is there to protect me.

Offline stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
while ever they are lying in bed with the vendors they will never be a consumer organisation,,,,

after all this time ECCA should have a tight grip on all the UK vendors standards of trading , but it seems like they really havnt a clue how to go about getting the serious attention of the vendors,,,

Offline mikrosoft

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
But to be honest what powers do ECCA have its just a useless organisation that even from the start i felt was a waste of time if the goverment regulate they are not going to turn to ECCA to be the peoples representative small fish swimming with sharks.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »

Offline SUSHIBOY

The official ECCA hostility thread (my own suitably relevant reply)
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »
I see your problem and quandary perfectly and as I am new to vaping I feel it hard to make a valid judgement on this except itsmeitis over the last month or so you have explained many things in a comprehensive and unbiased way that has allowed me to make up my own valid options about what is going on in the e-cig world and yes I have to agree with you a consumer group is about us the consumer and it appes this is not what ecca truly are
So what can we do I don't want a person or group representing me especially giving advice like the megabus thing that was ****ing stupid (sorry for swear but it is warranted) slowly bans will come in everywhere just small one for now but the big ones will come example I was talking to a taxi driver coming back from the airport yesterday

China make e-cigs and they are used a lot but he said that in hong kong they are banned out right the reasons for this are all related to mixing juice and many people overdosing due to poor mixing methods now I was told this by a Chinese taxi driver from hong kong if it's true I do not know but if it is this is a very real reason a ban could occur and knowing the nanny state we live in it wouldn't surprise me if this is the way it goes I know of 3 vapers at work who have overdoesed due to overuse on to high a strength but facts and stats can be twisted and manipulated (don't tell my girlfriend I said that she's a civil servent statistition and hates stat corruption)

So do we want ecca looking after our interests infact existing in name is bad enough

I know I don't but what can we do without finding our heavyist mods and clubbing ecca reps to death and announcing to the world that then aren't representing us but seriously ecca has a bad name look at all the points in post 1 they need to be publicly disbanded so all the screwups are seen as such then a new group started that actually thinks things through and gives decent advice and tackles consumer issues properly

I have talked some **** here and some may be good **** and some may be bad it is just an airing of my opinions and thoughts on what I have seen

I do have some friend that work for the bbc some of her friends follow me on twitter and one is interested in vaping and we all know the bbc can be a strong ally in certain circumstances (watch dog) I'll tweet a few tempting morsels and see what happens
if his is ok of course as I don't want it to have a negative affect

Simon

Ps GED I don't think you can control adds on facebook as they are generated based on the page viewers cookies rather than the page content

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »
Ps GED I don't think you can control adds on facebook as they are generated based on the page viewers cookies rather than the page content

i appreciate the facebook alloted adverts are involuntary thus uncontrolable, but it is not those to which i refer ...

it is the other more specific ones which grab my attention ... a further twenty four hours and counting, so ever the more obvious.

seemingly this the following proceedure to forgive to "special" advertisement ... its a very simple process ...
simply donate a token product to a chap who incidentally links directly to ECCAs by means of very unique vending treasurer ... voila, a post appears on ECCAs facebook wall with a direct acknowledgement stroke recognition stroke mention stroke advert.

so analyse the whether or not the token gesture warrants an extended mention upon a consumer associations informative wall ... might for example, the highlighted vendor, always afford full consumer right onto consumers in accordance with statutory consumer law ... NO.

should a consumer association offer prominence toward any vendor ... YES
a consumer association might otherwise warn where malpractive and routine breach of rights occur ... the same laws that come to facilitate the vendor oppertunity to reap reward, come to a suddon halt prior to the consumer enjoying the inherent right unto the contract they paid for.

should i again need to be highlighting this here ... YES ... because ECCA fail to do so ... repeatedly.

Offline Derek

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
I barely know where to begin with this but i'll just reiterate two points made by others :

1. No vendor or connection to any vendor should be allowed anywhere near any organisation claiming to represent consumers. To my mind thats like having a CEO of a company negotiating for improved staff benefits instead of the union rep  :P

2. Surely the only purpose of any consumer assoc. is to protect, preserve and defend the consumer...isnt it ? There is plenty of legislation doing this already. Just get vendors to agree to agree to doing what they should be doing already and take them to task when they don't

Offline SUSHIBOY

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »
Ok Ged I see what you mean and yes Totaly agree with you so as consumers what can we do about it and what ever we do we have to stick together on mass but logistically it's a big task to undertake but I am willing to be incolved

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
here here too ...
just look at the ECITA regulated and payed up member, currently flogging counterfeit batteries while using yet a lame defence to further justify ...
surely a counterfeit battery should be considered on its entire merit ... i.e. if they fraudulantly forged the AW badge, why then might the additional information be considered accurate by the vendor in profit.

strangley enough, i recall an ECITA bigwig recently call foul of other none ECITA members ... why then do they incorporate one rule for themselves and inner financial contributors, but an altogether seperate approach for those less forthcomming with payments.

ECCA should be onto this stuff long before i need bring it to their attention ...

just to reiterate too, similar examples of those counterfeit batteries were previously on sale too ... i gathered every piece of evidence at that juncture and although recieving full refund, the vendor carried on knocking them out with zero regard for consumer safety or wellbeing, let alone the relative uk law ... many hundreds of those potentially risky couterfeit batteries were knowingly sold even in spite of the truth ...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:42:46 PM by itsmeitis »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
this very recent quote is from the latest vendor to sell their counterfeits ...

"That is the point (see note), the picture did not show anything other than a plain red battery, no mention of AW."

so correct me if im wrong, but does it seem obvious that the vendor knew prior to selling, that this batch was indeed counterfeit from the offset.

also when the battery arrives at the end user, a battery i might add considered the safest by general standard, why would they decide to leave the rather reasurring AW stickers intact ...

note: name removed as not as relevent as point made

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:55:24 PM by itsmeitis »

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »
Ok Ged I see what you mean and yes Totaly agree with you so as consumers what can we do about it and what ever we do we have to stick together on mass but logistically it's a big task to undertake but I am willing to be incolved

we have to urgently visit the supermarket and buy lots of scotch eggs and pork pies, then we have to get together and talk about it, and talk about it, and talk about it, and then we can declare ourselves ECCA V2 LITE.....and we wont be needed either....i'm going to set myself up as the morphy richards toaster consumers association...i reckon it's needed.