Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resistance and No resistance wire  (Read 2327 times)

79Silo

Resistance and No resistance wire
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »

I am confuse as I'm still waiting wire from wires.co.uk and grand for the silver wire's. I think this is what im going to match and i need advise if this is ok

1) Resistance wire (Kanthal A1 Wire 0.18mm 33 awg) and NR (0.236mm Nickel Wire 1) - some say it is too big for the resistance wire and actually will effect the resistance. Is this true?

2) Resistance wire ( 0.132mm Nickel Chrome Wire) and NR (ROUND WIRE .999 FINE SILVER 30GA (.010) ) - is this a good combination? can i get a higher ohm with this combination?

Since i just started own the penelope and my sweet spot is somewhere around 4.8v - 5.2v so i think i need a resistance somewhere around 2.5ohm to 3.0ohm. I am aware that the wrap count is into place to get higher/lower resistance.

Anyone can share or advise me? Spec's will be appreciated

Thank you in advance

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Resistance and No resistance wire
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »

I am confuse as I'm still waiting wire from wires.co.uk and grand for the silver wire's. I think this is what im going to match and i need advise if this is ok

1) Resistance wire (Kanthal A1 Wire 0.18mm 33 awg) and NR (0.236mm Nickel Wire 1) - some say it is too big for the resistance wire and actually will effect the resistance. Is this true?

2) Resistance wire ( 0.132mm Nickel Chrome Wire) and NR (ROUND WIRE .999 FINE SILVER 30GA (.010) ) - is this a good combination? can i get a higher ohm with this combination?

Since i just started own the penelope and my sweet spot is somewhere around 4.8v - 5.2v so i think i need a resistance somewhere around 2.5ohm to 3.0ohm. I am aware that the wrap count is into place to get higher/lower resistance.

Anyone can share or advise me? Spec's will be appreciated

Thank you in advance

Your going to need more turns as your resistance wire is thicker than the usual stuff. Don't know if you'll manage a 2.5-3 ohm as the ceramic isn't that wide. You'll have to wrap them very close I guess. I usually use 0.15 nickel chrome.

For the no resistance wire, I usually use 0.20 nickel. Never tried that other stuff you mentioned.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:44:55 AM by Jimblob »

79Silo

Re: Re: Resistance and No resistance wire
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »

Thank you for the reply Jim. how many ohm you get when using .15mm, may i ask?

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
Resistance and No resistance wire
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »

2.4 on mine. Think it's got about 4 or 5 wraps on. The length makes a difference too. 5 wraps on some 3mm wick made it quite long iirc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up