Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Your favourite rebuildable so far and why?  (Read 12246 times)

rojo

Re: Your favourite rebuildable so far and why?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

Mine is a Penelope with Kir Fanis window on a kicked Precise+ 18500. It makes me happy.

Over the past year I've bought and traded for more vaping gear than I ever would've thought myself capable when I first started vaping. I've been through an eGo-T type B kit, this P+ 18500 (my first real battery mod), a ProVari v2, a stepped voltage limited eGo battery (selectable 3.2 / 3.7 / 4.2v), an eGo booster, an eGo-c Twist battery, the Kick, the FOG, a UFSv2, Joye atties, IKV atties (510 and io6), unbranded Chinese 901 atties, Boge cartos, mega cartos, SmokTech DCT's, a crappy leaky Genesis Line clone, a crappy cruddy Genesis Mini clone, a couple of rather spectacular AviSS Genesis atties, and geez, I feel like settling down now. My vaping tackle box (my wife calls it my meth lab) is full of random crap I'll probably never use but can't bear either to throw away or sell.

Well, anyway, I feel now that I'll never have to order any more Chinese cartos or atties again. I just keep a bunch of wired wicks in a zip bag and pop a new one in every 3 or 4 days. I have three Penelopes. One of them still has never been used. I switch back and forth between the other two so one is in use while the other soaks or dries or whatever.

I started out using eGo-T type B's (the Joye regulated 3.2-ish volt kind). Cleaning / dry burning the atties was a pain in the butt, but at $15 a pop, they were too expensive not to clean and dry burn. Plus, the tanks chilled the vape, regardless of atty resistance or source voltage. So I looked for something more. Direct drip was an improvement over the eGo tank with warmer vapor and richer flavor. But dripping is messy, impractical for the car, difficult to reach the balance between gurgly and metallic dry hitty, and once a mass-produced atty needs cleaned, it never performs like new again. The UFS and the FOG solved some of those problems, but I never could get either to feed right anyway. Cartos were better, but you never get to vape out all the juice you put in, and they can't be cleaned. Carto tanks are yet another improvement, but there's still the reliance of having to order more cartos every month.

Apparently I suck at Genesis-style atties. I never could get them to wick fast enough. I'd drip a few drops onto the wick, get incredible flavor for a hit or two, then taste metal.

I'm better at the Penelope. The flavor is rich, the vapor is thick, the throat hit is satisfying, and the rojo is happy.  Ladies and gentlemen, this is my vaping nirvana.

Look how the slant top of the P+ exactly meets the bottom of the Penny.  It's like they were made for each other.  I've considered trying to get the new style polished end caps for my P+, but the more I ponder, the more I like my PV as-is.

Up until now, with every combo I tried, I always thought, "This is good. I like this. I wonder if X is better though?" It used to be that I would browse the classifieds and co-ops and modders' forums and say, "Ooooh. That looks awesome." Now I just say, "Meh. Mine's better."

I had a problem with my The Kick in that it drained my 18350 batteries in less than an hour. Took me forever to figure out that the Kick was the fault. I got an RMA (even after the warranty period -- thanks Brandon!) and sent it back to Evolv for replacement a week or so ago. Now my batteries last about 3 hours -- a more acceptable and expected life. I still keep my ProVari and an eGo Twist battery for backups, but I'm digging the Kick's set-and-forget wattage boost now that I don't have to charge and replace my batteries 12 times a day.  I don't bother measuring my Kanthal or checking the resistance.  I just eyeball and cut what looks like 1 1/2 - 2"; and regardless of whether I end up with three coil wraps or five, the performance is the same.

I've got some Efest batteries ordered as well. I'm going to see whether they perform any better or worse than my AW's. People with the VMax seem to like them, anyway.

The VMax isn't half as sexy as this, though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:53:55 AM by rojo »

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Your favourite rebuildable so far and why?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 01:39:42 AM »

The Penelope is an awesome setup , I have it's big brother the ody and it's a thing of beauty ;D I am totally sold on rebuildables and can never see myself going back to sweet shop produced attys :P  I love the craftsmanship that imeo puts into his attys.   I wouldn't totally give up on the genesis set ups bec once you get through the learning curve they are outstanding ;)

rojo

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 02:29:29 AM »

I might give them another try.  I've been on the Hellfire list for a few months.  For now, I'm Gennie-less though.  I traded my AviSS atties for two of my Penelopes, and I threw away my crappy Line and Gen Mini clones.  (The Line leaked and the Mini's tank got cracked through my negligent and clumsy mistreatment.)  It's hard to see how a Genesis could be an improvement over my Penelopes though.

Say, what's the difference between the Hellfire Mini and Mega?  Are they the same diameter, but one is taller than the other?  Or is the Mini piccolo-sized while the Mega is more appropriate for 18xxx mods?  I'll be honest.  I got on the list without really knowing what it was I was asking for.  I might need to revise my reservation from one to the other.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:10:55 AM by rojo »

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

The mega is taller and has more girth (sorry ric)

Scott has a reviw/tutorial of the hellfire mini - http://e-cig-reviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,3530.0.html

I gives you an idea of the size. I'm on the list fir a mega, chose it as I wanted something with a slightly bigger tank

Pinkerton

• Rhubarb farmer, speedway racer, Spitfire pilot.
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

I only have 2 (and a half) rebuildables, polish bulli, mini DID and vision ego v3 (dems the half!)

Mini DID is my favourite bit of vaping gear I've ever owned! 8) Looking forward to getting a clear tank for it though, can't get used to not seeing how much juice lies within.

rojo

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

There are a few spots left on the G-Bell list.  Anyone have both a Hellfire and a G-Bell, and can give an opinion which they like better?  Historically I've had problems with wicking with Genesis atties.  I'm not sure whether it's because I get overzealous with the kanthal and wrap too many coils or what, but...

See, on one hand, the Hellfire would let me make a U-shaped wick and might wick better.  On the other, the bell-shaped vapor chamber of the G-Bell supposedly makes the flavor, vapor and hit more intense so I can do more with fewer coils.  On the third hand (yes, I'm a mutant with three hands), a U-shaped wick seems like it takes a lot of patience and practice to make, but I just want it to work in spite of my clumsy and impatient ineptitude, dammit.  But sooooo many people rave about the awesomeness that is Hellfire.  Yet, sooooo many other people rave about the awesomeness that is G-Bell -- although not as many as Hellfire, probably because Yenki hasn't made as many G-Bells as Darren has made Hellfires.  I think I like the appearance of the G-Bell better than the Hellfire though.  And, although on very rare occasions I see Hellfires in the classifieds, ain't nobody who gets a G-Bell ever parts with it that I've ever seen.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do, which to commit to.  I'm torn and I can't afford both (although I'm on both lists for now).  What makes this even harder is that I'm so extremely pleased with my Penelope and I can't imagine anything better.  For you who prefer a Genesis over a Penelope / Ody, what is it that makes the Genny superior in your experience?  Which is better, the Hellfire or the G-Bell?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »

orion v2.1 is the gaffer here too ... cobra comes close currently, but it is new ... might stay second favourite ... time will tell.

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »

Hellfires are a total bitch to set up. Hardest I've had as far as genesis atties go.

When you get the hang of them they are the dogs bollocks though.

I've had a Hellfire but am just on the list for a bell end, so can't help you there. They are bound to be easier to setup than the Hellfire though. Famous last words :D

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 12:56:35 AM »

The waiting list is months and months for the Hellfire btw. In fact I think he closed the list a bit back unless you pick one up on the classies.

SUSHIBOY

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 01:19:38 AM »

My favourite is the DID because you can buy it on a website and I am a fan boy once I get my vape mail I will have all 4 DIDs

VapeMad89

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 03:40:21 AM »

Favourite so far is the Vivi Nova lol but i'm sure my Short DID that i've ordered will blow that out the water :D

rojo

Re: Re: Your favourite rebuildable so far and why?
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »

Hellfires are a total bitch to set up. Hardest I've had as far as genesis atties go.

When you get the hang of them they are the dogs bollocks though.

I've had a Hellfire but am just on the list for a bell end, so can't help you there. They are bound to be easier to setup than the Hellfire though. Famous last words :D

Thanks Mr. blob.  That's great information.  Hey I'm embarrassed to ask but what does "bell end" mean?  I watched a YouTube video of some ancient bloke vaping the dammit out of a G-Bell.  He said "bell end", looked pleased with himself for his cleverness, then apologized for his crude language, saying he normally doesn't talk that way.  Is it British slang for fatass or something?

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »

Errrrrrm lol

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

Sweet love it. Its the end of your trousers snake

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »

I am torn between my Orion and Cobra, both are excellent. (still love the Penelope and Ody though)

Rojo - bell end is a British slang term refering to part of a gentleman's anatomy and is commonly used as an insult :D

Sweet love it. Its the end of your trousers snake

:D

or 'love truncheon'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up