Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Premade Coil Wires for ODY and Penelope  (Read 7712 times)

emmettb2011

• :)
Premade Coil Wires for ODY and Penelope
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »

Anybody else tried that wick?

chilly

Re: Premade Coil Wires for ODY and Penelope
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »

i got some .20 kanethal that i use with the bulli , will that be ok for the penelope ??

and what size do i need for the no res silver wire ? there seem to be a few different diameters on wires .co.uk , any got a link ?

rojo

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »

.20 Kanthal should work fine.  http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/si_bare.html states that the 0.2mm is what is recommended for the Ody and Penny.  Just go to that page, ctrl-f and find penelope.

chilly

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 06:13:28 PM »

thanks mate

Dhred

• Sharing life is a true way of living.
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »

The stuff I have is about 45 ohms / meter resistance.  That stuff you linked appears to be pretty close.  I don't know whether the material is of any concern.  It could be more brittle or misbehave in some other way, or it could be a perfect replacement.  I guess just make sure it doesn't contain lead or mercury and let us know how it works for you.  :)

didn't order the kanthal just from wire.co.uk  because I was thinking of the same thing about the lead and stuff and I wasn't sure. Before I buy these anything on ebay I need to do more browsing around and make sure I don't buy something that can get me sick.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:19:03 PM by Dhred »

Dhred

• Sharing life is a true way of living.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »

i got some .20 kanethal that i use with the bulli , will that be ok for the penelope ??

and what size do i need for the no res silver wire ? there seem to be a few different diameters on wires .co.uk , any got a link ?

These  REF#'s are from wires.co.uk and you can use them to find both of these which are what Imeo recommends and I personally asked him on his youtube channel and someone else also posted t up here. For the NR wire imeo said silver or nickel wire is fine.
SI0200-010               10 Metres  0.2mm   Soft Fine    Silver Wire 99.99%

NC0150-010m           10 Meters  0.15mm Nickel Chrome

chilly

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

dont now if this is any help but i just compared the 2mm wick i got from bullie smoker which i got quite a lot off and the wick that came with my penelope and there is no visible difference they seem to be the same diameter

rojo

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

I had commented earlier and linked to some 1/8" McMaster-Carr fiberglass seal to use as wick.  I've read elsewhere that that stuff is brittle and could end up breaking off and finding its way into your lungs.  Sorry about that.  :x

Anyway, there are a couple of people selling wick on eBay at the moment:  U.S.A. | Germany

It's also available from The House of Vapor.  The HoV stuff is skinny, though.  You'll have to use three or four strands before your wick is thick enough to block the side channels of your Ody / Penny.  At first glance it seems the least expensive choice; but considering you have to quadruple the rope onto itself, it'll end up to be about a dollar a foot.  Given the extra effort it takes to make a wick with this skinny stuff, I kind of wish I'd just bought the 3mm wick from eBay.  However, this HoV wick doesn't suck once you've got it wrapped up and installed.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:35:53 PM by rojo »

chilly

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »

I've been thinking about thy my self lately as the bulli wick seems to fray out and bits break off etc

Any one know about the medical risks with these things

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 11:34:52 PM »

Yeah, you'll be fine for around 20 years. Then you'll get asbestos like symptoms and die a prolonged and painful death, gasping for breath whilst drowning in your own diseased phlem.

Your family will be able to sue the vendor though, so swings and roundabouts.

In answer to your question, no I dont know :D

Jimblob

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »

Believe there is some more 3mm stuff coming to ecigz on Thursday night. Believe Imeo said he has had it tested and has been deemed safe to use, so I will be buying some of that.

He did say that his first iatty wick was seemed unsafe though, but I doubt anyone still has any of that. Wonder if he did a recall at the time though, lol.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:42:52 PM by Jimblob »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up