Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulli Mesh Wick  (Read 6968 times)

DirkDampf

Re: Bulli Mesh Wick
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »

I allways set my coil alight and press the firebutton for a couple of seconds. This brings the flavour through straight away.

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 12:31:47 AM »

Good good i heat the wire first before i build it that takes the taste out of it a bit

DirkDampf

Re: Re: Bulli Mesh Wick
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »

Good good i heat the wire first before i build it that takes the taste out of it a bit

The first bad taste commes from the wick. I set the whole coil soaked with liquid alight. The good taste commes through straight away then.

I Shall Not Recant

• Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »

Derek

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »

To me that looks like something curled up and died on it lol

I would hope it vapes well  ;D

neilgeezer

• Saluton al ĉiuj!
    • facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:15 PM »

Just tried out my first mesh wick, still got the bad taste, hope that goes soon, massive clouds of vapor, and can see it glow red hot through the air hole.  very strong, not sure I could vape for long on this, may have to go back to my old coils!! :o

bobbins53

• Version 2.0 Vaping.
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 02:10:53 AM »

Sounds like you have a wicking problem or using to higher voltage if you can see the coil glowing with juice being feed to it, when dry burning it is the coil turning red fairly evenly?   

neilgeezer

• Saluton al ĉiuj!
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »

yes Bobbins 53, I wasn't to happy with it so have made another coil, gone back to my usual configuration  ;D 

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »

Right it was time to change the coil so i thought i would try all the ideas in one. Final result 1.0 ohm coil 4 turns 0f 2x0.15 wires twisted ss mesh with glass-fiber center shortened post wick with 1mm sticking out. Really evil vape at 3.7v and tons of vape flav the hole kit my bulli now rocks with the gods

chpperk

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 12:54:52 AM »

I am going to order some of this S.S. thread  http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10867  and give it a try once my bulli gets back from warranty. The only concern i have is carbonizing it ! I heard that dipping it in a baking soda water mix works best when torching S.S. !

bobbins53

• Version 2.0 Vaping.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »

I’m really impressed by the Bulli with the mesh wick (the one I made on the pervious page) it has been going now for 15 days now with the same coil and vaped 30-40 ml  (part bottles so its hard to know the exact amount), it has performed near enough flawlessly, Only needed to dry burned it twice and not needed to touch it apart from that.

Had a few slight issues with wicking when I swapped liquids to a much thicker VG based one from a 80-20 PG mix, but that is only a issue when I refill the tank, a hard’ish suck with a finger over the air hole to get it going sorts that out and wicked perfectly for the full tank after that.

What’s the betting my coil dies tomorrow after making this post?  :P 

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »

Great to hear you have your bulli performing so well

bobbins53

• Version 2.0 Vaping.
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:29 AM »

Well my coil finally died on me tonight :'( after a month :D I was doing a dry burn, it was pretty gunked up I had not done it in over a week and had managed to get most of it off with burning and blowing, then a little flash and it was dead!

Had an idea after I did my last coil about how to make it easier to do up the screws while keeping the wire taut, a thing I noticed when doing the coil on my DID using the cig paper method was how much easier it is to move the coil on the wick with the paper as opposed to just on the wick itself where it feels to drag.

So I made a new wick with 4 strands of glass-fibre in the middle and wrapped it in ½ width cig paper, used the glued side and left it to dry for 5 mins,  I over licked it a bit and I didn’t want the coil snagging on it with being damp.

I then wrapped the coil the same as last time (4 coils) but did it off centre to one end, then placed the coil on the bulli with the coil in the correct final position but the wick off centre, I wrapped the wires round the screws and held it in place with my thumb, this give me plenty of room to tighten the first screw.

I then gently slid the wick thru the coil being careful not to let the coil get dragged out of position until it got to the point where I could get to the other screw head to tighten it, I then moved the wick into its final position and adjusted the coil spacing before burning off the paper.

Took far more explaining  than it was to do, was really easy, took less than 2 minute from starting to wrap the coil to getting it on the bulli and in its final position and I did it on the first attempt.

Been vaping on it a couple of hours so far and its performing as good as my DiD, I would say easier to set up using this method to boot. ;D

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:46 AM »

Nice one buddy love messing with wicks.

DirkDampf

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »

Must try this next time
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up