Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixdoctor  (Read 23378 times)

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
Re: Mixdoctor
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »

Good to hear from you Marty.

mixdoctor

• Also known as D.J.Madhouse Martin
    • R.J.Rhythm Entertainments
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »

cheers Martin ... good to hear you're home again ... we had gathered the info from others but great to hear it was/is accurate.

p.s. no need to rely solely on myself nor fiona direct, perhaps if you're updating folk at the seperate forum, you might ask any of your other contacts here to convey the same message that you're home and recovering, if only to put everyone heres minds at ease ...

Hi Bud,

Not sure if the 2 peops who text me are on this forum otherwise I would have thought they would have updated this thread, I know the thread on the other site got updated by them and I am amazed no one who read the updates updated all my friends on this site so maybe none of them are members

Anyway just about to update you all I think my last real update was over the Jubilee bank holiday

8) Mixdoctor 8)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »

no worries ... at least you're home and things are getting better and that's the main thing.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »

so how's Heather getting on with her new e-cig ?

mixdoctor

« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »

Hi All,

Hope your ready for this lol, After the long Jubilee bank holiday my wound became blacker and blacker and the wound edges were getting more and more infected to the point where the pain could no longer be tolerated and whatever they did was not working. They decided to take me into surgery and scrape away the black stuff and cut away the infection on the edges. I woke up afterwards in another ward in fact I was back on the infection unit in a room all on my own and obviously the nursing staff had moved all my stuff to this room also as it was every where. I felt like crap to be honest and I was in a lot of pain and stuck in my bed with different drips on me and I could not move anywhere. Anyway they cleaned up his wound in surgery and since then I have been back on the VAX machine which is a negitive graverty thingy hence the reason I have not been around as I could not move to set all my stuff back up for internet access. When the nurse eventually found my phone the damn thing  was flat so I did not even have that also I was not allowed visitors for a week which was fine as all I did was sleep and sleep which worried me a lot but I new it was whatever they were feeding me with drips. Every time I woke up my head was not my own and I had no energy and all I wanted to do is sleep. They changed the vax dressing about 4 days after my op and all was looking good and  I was told that this machine stays with me now till its healed but I just want to feel awake again as I said before all I was doing is sleeping.

Anyway after about a week there were signs of the infection coming back into the wound and I could not believe it as this was totally crazy so again the had to take me off the VAX machine and feed me with some different IV antibiotics. The good thing is they caught it quickly and after 4 days it had almost disappeared but my Tissue Viability Nurse (Heather) was getting concerned as she was off on holiday the next week so basically that last week she pulled out all the stops, put me back on the VAX machine and worked out a care plan as she did not want me in hospital while she was away. Anyway during the last week in Hospital everything seemed to go wrong I broke my cable for my iPhone so I still could not get on the internet and the damn thing ran out of battery power, My eGo Twist broke on me the button kept sticking then eventually it did not work at all, and to top off everything all I wanted to do was sleep and sleep and this really began to worry me as this was not normal. Heather on the other hand was being very careful as I was coming home on the Wednesday which was last Wednesday and I was being looked after by the Home Hospital Team who were to give me IV antibiotics and normally these antibiotics I am on are a 10 day course but I have a 14 day course because I think she does not want me back in hospital if I get the infection back while she is away hence the extra days so she knows if there is a problem when I come off the IV's she will be back at work as I know she does not want anyone else changing her care plans for me so she has pulled a bit of a crafty lol. But we are hoping for no more problems now and the healing process to go smoothly.

Well the Wednesday came and I felt great I had plans to join you all in chat and update you on everything BUT that plan did not work, I got home Wednesday tea time and the plan that was worked out for me was for District Nurses and Home Hospital Team to look after me but when I did get home I felt a little wheezy and just went to bed and slept again the whole night through from 6pm till 8 am next morning and this is why again you weren't updated. On the Thursday morning I woke up and was sick everywhere and stuff was coming out of both ends of my body. I had only come home with the Noravirus and this virus literally put me on my back and I was totally out of it all I was doing for 3 days was being violently sick etc. The Home hospital Team on the Friday night wanted to re admit me into Hospital but I was having none of it this time as I had just got home after 4 or 5 weeks. I had a very hight tempiture and did not know where I was at one point and I could not control the vomiting I actually thought my time was up seriously I was so scared it was untrue and this was another reason why I did not want to go back into Hospital cause if this was the end I wanted my loved ones around me. I know I have said in the past I wish I was dead etc but I tell you all now the feeling I had scared me more than I have ever been scared in my life and I do not every want to go through that again. Anyway I battled through it with the help of the Hospital Team as apart from my IV antibiotics they had to drip me fluids as well as I was so dehydrated it was untrue and to be honest I should have gone back in but I was determined to stay with my family and Annette. Sunday came and I was almost back to normal I managed to battle through it and felt a lot better.

So now my medication is taking control of the pain except when I have dressing changes which is now only twice a week, but so far each time it is changed the redder my wound gets I just can't wait to see some new skiin whenever that will be. So that's how it is at the moment, Dressing changes twice a week, Home hospital twice a day with IV antibiotics, and me keeping up with my medication but I am now only on oral-morph when I have my dressings changed and they ring me an hour before so I can take it which is really good of the team. So basically I am off the oral-morph at last which has to be a good thing in my books. I am feeling a lot better now and I am back on the forum at last. I can honestly say that without the Forums I just don't know what I would have done as you lot have kept me going through out my long stays in Hospital and I personally would like to THANK YOU ALL for reading my posts and sending me best wishes etc. It's just like one big family and I appreciate each and every one of you. Also Dirtdevil for the numerous face time chats we had. I am back to the hospital next Monday seeing Heather as it is her first day back and I will let you all know the outcome which hopefully will be good news.

Now I am feeling a lot better but on Sunday Night/Monday Morning at 1am we had to call the doctor out as I have said in another post as my Mother aged 73 has picked up the Noravirus off me and she is having a real bad time with it and I know from experience what she is and will be going through. I am obviously too scared to go near her but Annette bless is looking after my mother for me in between looking after me for some parts of the day. Again I am really scared as some older people can not get through this virus but I know Mom is strong. I am just counting the days now as we are nearly on day 3 so things should show signs of improving.

Pictures showing the beginning of the black stuff on my wound. These were just the start and my wound eventually went 80% black hence the surgery again if you are tickled stomach do not view http://rjrhythm.com/images/legjune1.jpg and http://rjrhythm.com/images/legjune2.jpg You can also see how red and infected the leg was.

Anyhow once again thank you for all your kind words and support and here are the latest pictures of my wound, once again if you are tickled stomach do not view. These pictures were taken on Monday 25th June and as you can see their is great improvement I just hope it carries on like this and I get no more infections. Also please don't worry if you don't see me around for a couple days but I need to get all my paperwork updated for my business also bills need to be paid lol.

http://rjrhythm.com/images/new1.jpg and http://rjrhythm.com/images/new2.jpg

Catch you all later  8) Mixdoctor 8)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »

sounds awful martin ... least the worst of it is behind you now ... no need to dwell on whats past ... time to enjoy yourself again now.

mixdoctor

« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:53 PM »

so how's Heather getting on with her new e-cig ?

Thats another story bud

For those of you that don't know this story basically my tissue viability nurse who is Heather after the first week of being in Hospital was showing interest in my Vaping and said she would love to give up smoking so I told her my story and she was amazed. I then spoke to her and showed he my Sky-Cig set and offered to lend it her along with some Juice of her choice and showed her how to fill the tips etc and she took me up on the offer and if she got on with it we were going to order some stuff for herself. Anyway as it happened their was a good deal going on another forum so I purchased it for her as a present as she was and still is the only person who has ever taken time on my wound and has got me where I am now you see anyway when I received my parcel I sorted out what she would need and charged everything up and put on the 2 eGo clearmisers getting everything ready to hand to her. Then on one of the days she came to see how I was and do my dressing I told her that my provary had broken and I was in a real crappy mood as I had nothing for the night before and was on edge etc, so I told her I needed my Skycig kit back almost immediately. Well you should have seen her face drop as she had not had a cigarette since I let her borrow the kit. She was actually quite panicky and really upset as she went off to her department to get my stuff back. Anyway while she was gone I put her new kit under the dressing pack along with all the juices that came with it as I did not really know what she would like. She came back really upset and asked if we could share one battery each and I said that really could not be done and I vape a lot and really need one on charge as I was using one you see. That made her quite unhappy and I could see a slight panic to be honest. Anyway she took off my dressings very professionally as I expected her to have a "sod you" attitude but no not at all. She cleaned up my wound then went for the new dressing pack and picked it up and looked and said whats all this I said take a closer look and I could see her face light up only a bit at this stage until I said they are mini one of these showing her my provari, as it was the easiest was to explain to her at the time. These are for you I said as you have put so much effort into my ulcer I thought you would like it. I had a big hug and a Kiss (wow) she was almost in tears when she said I really did not want to smoke again. So after that she redresses my leg then she spent half hour with me showing her what to do and pointing her to some websites for supplies.

This is now the 3rd person I have managed to get off the Cigarettes and I am so happy as it gives me a great feel of satisfaction knowing I have helped someone quit smoking.

8) Mixdoctor 8)

PS I just hope I can make Vapefest and the way we are going it's looking good :)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:24:25 PM by mixdoctor »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »

excellent trick you played on her there mix ... glad she's happy now too.

buzbybarz

• Provari, Vamo, DiD, 2 Spheroids, KFL,VTR,KFL Clone
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »

MD I am so glad you are back and feeling better mate. The leg looks so much better. Hopefully it will get better day by day..
Chin up and keep us informed ;)

I Shall Not Recant

• Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

Glad you're on the mend mate, finally.
Hope your mother is okay.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »

Good to see your wound looking nice and pink and a lot healthier......Heather sounds like a determined woman and a great Doctor. Here's to positive thoughts and energy. I hope your leg now heals and your Mum gets better very soon x

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »

Thanks for the update Mixy.

Your leg does look a lot healthier now and it sounds as though both you and Mrs Mixy need to treat yourselves once everything has settled down. I hope your mum gets better soon.

All the best mate.

Miggz667

• ROK STAR
« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »

Glad to see things are looking up :) I think they had out Nora viruses as a farewell gift these days as we all had it the night we got back from our stay with my boy. Maybe it's to purge your system for a fresh start ;)

mixdoctor

« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »

Hi All,

For those of you that are still interested here is the latest news as we are still battling with this damn infection,

We have had a set back and I am totally racked off (god I wish I could swear) The home hospital stopped giving me my antibiotics last Tuesday because apparently my blood results showed that all was fine and the consultant at the hospital told them to stop even though my CRP level was 16 which is high as it should be 5 or under but apparently the consultant thought it was because of my ulcer. Anyway they stopped the IV on Tuesday as I said and by Friday I was in total agony again and the District Nurse came in to change my dressing and you know that lovely red wound you saw the other day well it is now green and covered in Pseudomonas yet again and smelling really bad. The nurse had to call in my own GP who then had to call the Home Hospital back in for more IV's which started again from last Friday.

Anyway today as you know Heather was back and I went to see her and she if fuming as she prescribed the Home Hospital team to be giving me IV's for 2 weeks. Anyway the consultant was also there and agreed he may have made the wrong decision and actually apologized to me. Anyway between them both they made another care plan for me which was to keep Home Hospital going till next Tuesday when I am due to see Heather again and take it from their.

So to conclude My wound is now green again with Pseudomonas, Home Hospital are to carry on with the IV's twice a day and the district Nurses are now to come in 3 times a week to change my dressings. I am now sitting here in Pain, Falling asleep everywhere because of the drugs and painkillers I am taking and getting totally racked of with the whole situation.

Anyway that it you have it all up to date again so till next Tuesday thanks again for all your comments and support

8) Mixdoctor 8)

Miggz667

• ROK STAR
« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »

Bollocks mate!!! Sorry to hear it!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up