Author Topic: What's up? ....  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Big Bill

• Platinum Member
  • Squonking ...
What's up? ....
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:24:44 PM »
Sorry to ask, I am just wondering what is happening with ECCA UK, it is now over a year since it's creation (if I am not mistaken) and I am still not very clear on what it is trying to achieve, what has been achieved so far and how things are progressing??

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: What's up? ....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »
there have been some exciting developments BB.
they now have open meetings which i have myself attended.

on my first visit, i found a selection of conflicting interests, many of whom had their own platform within the association.

i found on my second visit, the main topic was some drunken bloke talking about his love of pubs.

i had previously felt ECCA was something of a farce. having now seen it for myself, i can confidently confirm that ECCA does more harm than good in the current climate and the consumer need fear their distraction.

i hope ECCA might one day get their act together, but in the meantime i have little faith in their abilities.

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
I dont know whats happening... On the 11th of April I asked, 'When is the next open meeting?' I posted this on the ECCA standing committee group page. No answer as of yet......

Offline Big Bill

• Platinum Member
  • Squonking ...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
 :(

What a shame!

I thought it was a great idea and something needed for our community but it would appear it isn't getting anywhere and running around in circles....

Sad really, Prof Beard made some very valid points at the VapeFest meet but it seems nothing has followed ... I know some contributors like our Fiona would be great representatives if it had some direction!

???

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:41 PM »
Thanks G......... I will email one of them. See whats happening...Or not happening....  ;D

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »
i agree BB.

seems to me that there realy is a wealth of information and copious amounts that ECCA could be getting on with.
unfortunately the top two geezers wastefully talk obstacles and crap, instead of grasping the oppertunities.

meanwhile, consumers have forums, paypal dispute and statute law on their side. so at least all is not lost yet.

;D

Offline Big Bill

• Platinum Member
  • Squonking ...
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »
I must admit I couldn't believe my eyes when Mr. Intellicig offered his services and those "two geezers" couldn't wait to put their hand up and approve his nomination!!

:-\

Offline Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »
ECCA... What is point?

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
ide say the point was to raise enough money to buy into the goverment and get a voice, but with a cap coming down to 50k thers gona be quite alot of voices bein gagged, so now the ecca  needs to make loads of money, and hold annual ecig parades, pay towards vapefest, be the first to research into ecigs etc, so ya not sprouting crap against ministers on tv, and making them selfs well known by also becoming a regulator  8)

i would run for eca but i have a bad memory  :(