Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menthol Crystals  (Read 7943 times)

andye

Menthol Crystals
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »

Can I make Menthol e-juice from the Menthol Crystals that you can buy in a health shop on the high street?

Andy

Foxy

Re: Menthol Crystals
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »

Yep, deffo if they are the in the crystal form (but not the liquid oil type).  A lot cheaper, goes great mixed with any flavor and you decide on the strength you want!

andye

Menthol Crystals
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »

Cheers Foxy I'll get some and have a play. 

Michael

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »

Sorry to kinda hijack this but do you know if its safe or how much to use? Can you overdo it where it is bad for you? I have started getting mine from Asda until I can find somewhere online that sells bigger batches.

Foxy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:39:13 PM »

I remember there always being menthol crystals in the medicine cabinet since I was little so they've been around for ages.  They are used regularly  in salves, medicated creams, throat lozenges, cough medicine, oral & throat sprays, mouthwash, toothpaste etc etc as well as for that good ole towel-over-the-head steam inhalant for colds.  I've been using menthol crystals in my eliquids for around 9 months now and like it pretty strong and haven't had any horrible side effects.  Worst thing I've had if I've overdone the strength is a temporary sore throat, or a feeling akin to inhaling deeply on a very cold day after eating extra strong mints!

There are plenty of herbal, cosmetic or pharmaceutical web sites where you can buy menthol crystals in larger quantities.  The size of the crystals will vary (last one I bought came as 4x 25g crystals which I had to crush up)  Just make sure that the crystals are good quality (should be 98 to 99% menthol) and they are packaged in a labelled jar, bottle or tub.  I never trust ones which are sold in plastic bags as you never know where they've come from

Michael

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

Thanks for that Foxy, I put 3 in my first 30ml and then found out I only really needed 1 to get it to a strength I like, I am dreading vaping the three crystal liquid now because it was my bottle for when I run out. I got a puny 5g but at least I know its fine now, where do you buy yours from Foxy? I was considering buying a litre of flavourless nicotine and adding the crystals to it myself because I only do menthol but I cannot find it at 18mg and I dont fancy watering it down :D

I am starting to constantly have that minty taste in my mouth too.

andye

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:07:22 PM »

I’ve been putting 8 crystals about 2cm long into 5ml of PG and letting them dissolve before adding them as required to my 20mg PG / VG nicotine mixture.

Andy

Michael

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »

8? If I done that with these I would expect a really sore throat. I wonder if mine are thicker than yours or something because 8 of mine I think would probably spoil it, I think 3 is pushing it in 30ml with mine.

andye

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »

yeah I've just been adding  few drops of that 5ml mix to my base nicotine mix as it's powerful stuff

Andy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:43:26 PM by andye »

Foxy

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »

I usually buy mine from here - the purity is about 98%
http://www.enaissance.co.uk/acatalog/info_3598.html

However, you might not like them as it's a BIG bottle (100mg) and you have no guarantee they will be fine crystals or a coupe of huge ones.  I always crush my crystals in a plastic bag with a rolling pin to get a rough powder before storing it back in the tub, then use the end of a slim teaspoon to measure out scoops.  That way I know how many to put in to my mix each time.  Also, as a powder, I find they dissolve easier and don't tend to recrystalize in the liquid.

Andy's idea is a very good one if you'd prefer to prepare your menthol as a liquid premix.  Re the 18mg nic 1 litre - afraid I don't know where you would be able to get this - I only ever buy 24mg or 36mg!
Pages: [1]   Go Up