Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-acquainting myself with mixing, couple of questions.  (Read 3209 times)

dazzer1975

re-acquainting myself with mixing, couple of questions.
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

So bought a load of flavours and got some vg 25mg unflavoured to use as a base. Also got some 25mg PG  unflavoured for the same reason.

My plan is to mix 50/50 pg and vg and then just add the flavouring to the mix.

does this sound about right? I am after keeping the mg strength roughly around the 24-25mg point.

I did try a 100% vg mix but it is too thick really, hence going to mix with pg.

Another silly and obvious question, but, is there a sort of guideline figure as to how many drops of flavouring you add to a 10ml mixture? I know its all subjective and down to personal taste, but if there is some sort of rough figure to be using as a baseline that would be useful

TIA

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: re-acquainting myself with mixing, couple of questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »

I find that the percentage of flavouring to add is a bit hit and miss.

I like strong tobacco flavours and usually go for 10%. You could have a small batch of unflavoured VG/PG mix on hand, the correct % nic strength, so that if the result was a bit on the strong side you would be able to weaken the flavour without reducing the nic content.

I use this as a very rough guide sometimes: -

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-flavourings/5ml-red-label-concentrate-2-product.html

and

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-flavourings/5ml-red-label-flavour-concentrate-5-product.html

Good luck.

dazzer1975

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

that will def be useful for when i want to drop the strength down. Thanks for that mate.

dazzer1975

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »

Cheers stewrat, good info.

Used to go for tobacco flavours myself but currently branching out with menthol, apple pie and jamaican rum lol

will def try that second link out for the multipack, ty for that.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »

I use 25mg VG and 25mg PG too..... But I also use plain VG to get my mix down to 16mg.

When using the e-liquid calculator remember to leave the water/vodka box at 0 if your not going to use them, and leave the bottom box (# Drops per std 1ml) at 20.......

Flavouring can be trial and error....It might take some time to find the strength you like..But if you look at Liberty Flights they have reviews on most of their flavourings....This will give you an idea of their strengths. And even though taste is personal they will at least give you an idea of what people think of them generally..

Other than that you can ask us  ;D

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »

that will def be useful for when i want to drop the strength down. Thanks for that mate.
beginning with 25mg base will inevitably lower the eventual nic content somewot.
starting by 36mg nic base would produce results closer to a desired 24-25mg after additions.

dazzer1975

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:50:40 PM »

thanks fiona good to know other people do the same.

itsmeitis, yer i knew adding flavouring would lower the nic content of the mix, but if I am starting at 25 and "just" add flavouring I don't think it will lower it too much.
Well, if I add 10% flavouring by my dodgy maths that will mean the eliquid will come out at around about 22.5mg nic, close enough for me.

Last time I was vaping I was using 36mg strength and loved it... too much as i stayed on 36mg for the 8 months i vaped, this time around i am hopin to start of lower
and work down lol... fingers crossed.

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »

I use this as a very rough guide sometimes: -

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-flavourings/5ml-red-label-concentrate-2-product.html

and

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-flavourings/5ml-red-label-flavour-concentrate-5-product.html

Sorry, I meant to add that there are some flavour percentage guidelines at the bottom of the pages of the above links. Probably obvious but thought I would correct myself anyway :-[

dazzer1975

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »

no apology needed, I didnt seem before I made the post, but scrolled down after and realised lol

I made some apple pie flavour up earlier at 60 drops to 30ml so I stumbled upon the 10% ratio by pure accident, makes a good starting point though to aim for as i make more mixes up.

Thanks again for your help!  ;D

dazzer1975

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »

no apology needed, I didnt see themm before I made the post, but scrolled down after and realised lol

I made some apple pie flavour up earlier at 60 drops to 30ml so I stumbled upon the 10% ratio by pure accident, makes a good starting point though to aim for as i make more mixes up.

Thanks again for your help!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up