Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying with my E-Cig  (Read 5834 times)

ZxIRAX

• ZxIRAX.com
Flying with my E-Cig
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:01:11 AM »

I know that it has been mentioned before on the forum and there is a very good guide posted in the FAQ. However, I have also come across some stories of people having their e-cig confiscated by customs, so wanted to make sure that I did everything I could to avoid this!

Last week I flew to Oslo, Norway from Manchester via Amserdam with only hand luggage (no checked in luggage). The transfer at Amsterdam meant that I had a total of 4 security searches (Manchester and Amsterdam - outbound then Oslo and Amsterdam - inbound). I was not stopped or questioned once, and sailed straight through.

I had 10 prefilled carts in a sealed bottle, which I placed in a clear plastic bag outside my case (all liquids have to be out of your bag).
I had 2 batteries and 2 atomisers which I had in a side pouch along with my charger.

When I arrived at Amsterdam, I assembled everything and had a little vape in the "smoking area" of the airport, which kept my cravings at by during my 8 hour trip. I did exactly the same thing on the way back.

I was relieved to have sucessfully got through security and had my e-cig with me, it will make business trips a lot easier :)

-Jay

Billy

• Billy Beaumont Art & Design
Re: Flying with my E-Cig
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »

I have just got back from a flight to Greece via Gatwick airport. I had no problems taking through a disposable opened and one still packaged through customs. I even mentioned that I had them in my hand luggage when asked about any liquids that I may have had in my bag, customs just said that it was fine and no problems. I did however have an SAE jiffy bag with me as a back up, I know they are only disposables, but I would still like to keep/use them.
I had a couple of tornado's and my juice in my suitcase just in case of any hand luggage confiscations.
There was no mention of not being able to use them on board during the flight, but rather than vaping like a train in full view I managed quite a few sneaky vapes to take off the craving edge.
I held my disposable in my fist covering the led and held in the vapour longer and very little vapour, if any, came out, PG based product too.
To get away with a sneaky vape whilst on board a flight/airport then my advice would be; discretion :)

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

Great to hear it worked out Billy, I would love to get a chance to see Greece some day  ;D I have yet to try to fly with my e-cigs, but a while back I did take my wife to Tampa International Airport in Florida to drop her off for a flight - As we went through the security check point, I was asked what my container of little tubes was.  I opened up my carry case with 3 batts and emptied my pocket of 5 ml juice bottles for them to see, they were taken back as I demonstrated the e-cig  and they let me through - and let me continue to openly vape them. My wife, however, was not so lucky, she was forced to throw away her bottle of hair moose. She could not comprehend how I could have no problem getting through with all my e-cig garb, but security had such an issue with her hair care products LOL

Billy

• Billy Beaumont Art & Design
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:36:11 AM »

Great to hear it worked out Billy, I would love to get a chance to see Greece some day  ;D I have yet to try to fly with my e-cigs, but a while back I did take my wife to Tampa International Airport in Florida to drop her off for a flight - As we went through the security check point, I was asked what my container of little tubes was.  I opened up my carry case with 3 batts and emptied my pocket of 5 ml juice bottles for them to see, they were taken back as I demonstrated the e-cig  and they let me through - and let me continue to openly vape them. My wife, however, was not so lucky, she was forced to throw away her bottle of hair moose. She could not comprehend how I could have no problem getting through with all my e-cig garb, but security had such an issue with her hair care products LOL

Thanks capt, if you ever get a chance to go I would recommend it, I'm sure you will love it there unless you are adverse to great food & sunshine :)
I bet you weren't the popular one that day, lol! Good to hear that they aren't too fussy about you vaping openly in the airport.

RicAlex

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »

We go to zakynthos every year and they are so lenient. If any country will let you through with fluids, it's Greece.
Can't wait till next may now!!! Only 10 years and it's 6 months of the ear over there  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up