Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at getting nicotine liquid in larger quantity than standard 30ml  (Read 24552 times)

wyrm1973

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Smoke free over 5 years.

Hiya, anyone advise on where to get 36mg+  flavourless eliquid, in larger quantities.

such as below, preferably UK based or will ship to UK
e-Liquid 1.2 KG = 1070ml
[LIQIUD-1.2KG]  $60.00
http://www.e-liquid.cn/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=108

Ok would have to pay shipping and tax but way cheaper than plat ice etc.

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Looking at getting nicotine liquid in larger quantity than standard 30ml
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:52:08 AM »

I think TW are selling 500ml bottles now......it might just be the USA site though at the moment

wyrm1973

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member

500ml only available on totally wicked usa, ah well

call me mad, but im taking a gamble, if it pays off ill be sorted for eliquid for a year plus,
If it doesnt ill be out of pocket for about 70 quid, plus duty tax
tis worth a shot, ordered a bulk order of eliquid

1 x e-Liquid 1.2 KG = 1070ml 36mg flavourless  = $60.00 plus postage
Total including postage= $105.53 = about 70 quid.

I guess the import duty will also be about 20 quid, if it makes it.

Fingers crossed, anyone know for sure how much import duty is normally?

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.

they seem to stop anything from america, but not touch the stuff from china,   parcel force will charge you an extra 13 quid to collect whatever the duty is.
sometimes they vastly over estimate the value of your shipment, and charge you the same as you paid for it.
you will have to ring their help line if you get stung.
ps are you doing this because you are worried about the ban.

wyrm1973

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member

yeh, tis a risk, but hey  8), I'll only gamble what i can afford to lose,
although ill be well gutted if it doesnt make it  :(

Getting it from China so fingers crossed,  Even if they charge me 40 quid extra duty, will still work out
a lot cheaper in the long run.  Im always after a bargain 8)

I mix liquids for myself, my mother and my brother, so would be nice to have a good stockpile
incase of a ban(although this wasnt the main reason for buying so much).

Even if the ban kicks in it sounds like we will be able to import from elsewhere, hopefully.
So its a way of testing the water, this will be my first non-uk purchase, bar my purchase from greece (GGTS)
1 litre is probably overkill, but figured if the postage is high i might as well get my postage moneys worth.

I will let you all know if/when i receive it.

Ill still be getting other stuff from uk dealers, atties etc etc.

Moog

EVen if the MHRA consultation doesn't go our way, we can still import no problem as there is no banning order..... :)

LisaF01

• Supplier

EVen if the MHRA consultation doesn't go our way, we can still import no problem as there is no banning order..... :)
Exactly, although you will see some UK sellers go out of business as it may not be easy to maintain a business on hardware where there is a much lower margin, plus, it will be much more difficult to pick up new customers if you cannot sell the nicotine component that most require. There is the possibility that they could apply an import ban in the future but it's best not to even think about that right now.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member

lisa, can't you suppliers just get a licence on a high strength flavorless liquid, and then sell the rest of the juices at 0 nicoteen.
all the customer has to do then is mix the two at home.
all this talk about 30000 quid for each flavour is rather silly, or am i missing something.

TheCrazyCal

• Bodyworks Personal Training

ive learnt to ask everytime now if the seller will put down the parcel value to under 20 quid and you should avoid customs charges.

LisaF01

• Supplier

lisa, can't you suppliers just get a licence on a high strength flavorless liquid, and then sell the rest of the juices at 0 nicoteen.
all the customer has to do then is mix the two at home.
all this talk about 30000 quid for each flavour is rather silly, or am i missing something.

It certainly would sound like sense, but there's a couple of issues here:

Firstly, despite all the mixing information and chat on the forums, the majority of vapers do not want to mix themselves. You're talking a very very small percentage of vapers who self-mix - maybe as little as 5%.

Secondly, in order to get marketing authorisation, you don't only have to pay the ?30,000 or whatever it is for the marketing authorisation per flavour and strength, you have to perform full clinical trials (probably at a cost of some millions) to support your application, plus the MHRA don't even know what the application process would be for these products yet because they have no idea what rules to make up. :)

There are no vendors in the UK with the exception of maybe intellicig who'd be able to afford an MA, let alone full clinical trials.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
Re: Looking at getting nicotine liquid in larger quantity than standard 30ml
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »

well i never knew all that,  pretty grim situation, and politicians wonder why they are despised by the public.
well maybe the chinese will ride to the rescue with their money, and influence.    i cant see them taking all this crap without a fight.

LisaF01

• Supplier
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »

I don't think you'll see any kind of help from the Chinese.

The problem is, I am not sure if this business model can survive and thrive without the nicotine component.
Plus, it seems simple for people to continue getting their supplies here and just order juice from China but what happens if all the UK companies pack up and you need to order all your supplies from China? I've got customers who purchase one or two atomisers here and there as required, there would be no more of that cos they'll have to order in bulk from China.
The industry would basically be closed for new vapers too - how do you sell starter kits in this country and then direct the customer to China to buy carts or juice?

It will certainly be interesting.....

wyrm1973

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »

Ill be honest, i do feel somewhat guilty and dirty, buying in bulk from china,
and would prefer to support the smaller regional business's but the money
that can potentially be saved specially on diy stuff/nic liquid is substantial.

I can also see the margin of profits for uk etc companies, after costs are not huge.

Tis one thing to buy large stock for personal use but to re-package and all the other costs involved,
it cant be easy.

LisaF01

• Supplier
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:07:57 PM »

There certainly are a lot of hidden costs (both monetary and time based) involved in this type of business.
Profits are not large when you're stripping prices to the bone but also ensuring you adhere to our packaging laws (many of the smaller vendors don't).

Tyke

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 02:32:07 AM »

In May I bought 500ml of mixing liquid off Abe (17x 30ml bottles) in case the MHRA thing looked too grim, as it happens it was not necessary, but I don't regret it. It was more expensive than you quoted, but buying in quantity Abe was able to cut me a deal at the time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up