Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-cigs to be researched further by MHRA  (Read 14065 times)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Re: E-cigs to be researched further by MHRA
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:25:20 AM »

I hope the MHRA approaches their research fairly and without predetermined results.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »

I'm not sure fair would be something they would be aiming for..But as there are so many 'Quit smoking' NRT's out on the market I dont think they cant just ban vaping...But work out which will make more money for the government.....I think that will be the same for MHRA too..

CountryMick

• So good, you'll want to slap your grandma!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »

Thanks for the post, Fiona :)

18 Months. Plenty of time to ween off the nic and either vape pure flavor, or nothing at all.  :P

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »

Theres some interesting stuff out there but I dont want to bog down the forum with it all! lol

helloworld

• Fire up the Riva u r surrounded by armed bas**rds
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

I think NRT patches and gums work sometimes for some people - but when u go to GP in uk they will point u towards NRT or chantex or pharmaceuticals - I told my doc i was thinking of allen carr clinic and he said make sure u take nrt as well - he obviously doesn't have a clue about allen carr method. Or hypnotherapy - however the 'clinical trial' that 'prove' nrt is twice as effective as placebo are nonsense cos they are comparing it to success rate of people who they have placebo cos they feel no nicotine going in them - it is crap - basically they prety much lie by clever wording and their stats are ludicrous - they consider 3 to 6 weeks as giving up smoking.

Therefore the minute they test ecigs they will find some devious way of wording their findings to ensure only nicorette or some other dickheads can manufacture them and try to force out all the other companies and make it expensive. Then there will be patronising ads for nicorette ecigs and a pack of 3 'freshmint' cartridges that are equivalent to "100" cigarettes will cost £17.50 and all of a sudden ecigs will be 'theraeutic' and a ripp off

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 06:07:27 PM »

Either that or they will be classed as tobacco usage and be taxed on all nic liquid.......

helloworld

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »

I don't know how they work out how much duty to put on stuff - obvioualy fags are beyond a joke - almost 4 quid for 10 - it is like a punishment tax - some would say it's a tax on the working class as they tend to smoke more - fancy being charged so much to harm yourself - really stresses you out and cos it is so addictive it is a recipe for dispair - which the do gooders probably get turned on by!

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »

I think the reason it will take so long to sort this out is because of all the NRT stuff on the market...They cant ban the use of nic as there's too much NRT products about and of course the government make money on that....The only angle they can go for if they did want to ban e-cigs would be the some of the flavourings.

..As E-cigs arent a NRT, they are a healthier alternative to smoking..and because of this I assume they have to be careful themselves how to label e-cigs... I'm sure they have done loads of testing on them, but we, the e-cig users will be out of the loop for a while yet... Actually, they've probably done most of the testing they need to do...But need more time on where in the market e-cigs will be as a product...

This country is probably one of the most expensive places to buy tobacco....
And NRT's can work out more expensive than what some people spend on rolling tobacco....

helloworld

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »

yeah - it's disgusting - I'd wear a patch and then go gym and it would come off in shower and i'd be like - oh sh*t got to put on  another £2 plaster so i can feed the coffers of these greed mearchants - who are worse than the cigarette companies cos they masquerade as being about public health! At least the cig companies have the grace to not make outrageous claims about health - at least not since '9 out of 10 doctors smoke players'

I once wrote a smarmy email to a cigarette company complaining about their slidy boxes and then saying how much i loved their product in the hope they'd send me some free cartons - and the guy who responded actualy had a surname with the word evil in it - like evily or evilson or sumthing. His tone seemed really relieved that someone would say something nice about ciggies even though i slated the infuriating 'slide draw' packaging.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »

We can only wait and see what they decide.....So fingers crossed they make the right choice  ;D

helloworld

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »

I'm not sure if any bureaucratic government body is actually capable of making the 'right choice'...EVER - except of course by accident!  ::)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 05:05:50 PM »

Yeah, lets pray for an accidental right choice  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up