Author Topic: Taking a flight with your e-cig  (Read 14438 times)

Offline SwanVesta

Taking a flight with your e-cig
« on: August 03, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
I get asked a lot of questions about taking flights as I fly quite frequently and yes I always vape on the plane ;D
I have just posted this on LF and thought it might be useful in the FAQs here but I couldnt post in there?

We have all read of devices being confiscated by security, several airlines have now said e-cigs are not allowed and we do know that vapour can set off sensitive smoke alarms so as its better to be safe than sorry folks here is my list of hot tips!

Firstly, if its short haul cope with a mini-cig size device for the journey as its not worth the risk of getting your performance device confiscated, so leave that in your checked-in suitcase, however, if you are not checking-in any luggage bear in mind you have still got to get your performance device through security.  I appreciate for a long haul flight it may be worth the risk of keeping a larger device in your hand luggage dependant on the flight journey time. But this is all about minimising your risk.

At check-in always ask for the window seat (so you can be slightly turned and looking out the window as you exhale)

Use PG only juice to minimise vapour (stealth juice is available but never bothered with it)

Use a mini-cig size device that fits in your hand - I personally use the KR808D as it gives me the best throat hit/lowest vapour production

Keep backup fully charged and stocked PCC about your person in case of unexpected flight delays (I have had to scramble about in my suitcase before now whilst checking-in!)

Order a hot drink (ie coffee) whenever offered so you can blow vapour into it as you drink which everyone thinks is steam(which it is of course ;) )

Never ever ask for permission

If questioned, dont use the terms cig, smoke or electronic in your answer try something like, ?its a Nicotine Inhalator, ya know like Nicorette but its got a battery, the Doctor put me on it to give up smoking?

If short haul and you?re not checking in any luggage pack your ecig hardware/chargers etc in a jumbled mess with mobile phone charger/camera/pc type stuff to detract attention and remember to put your juice in small plastic unmarked bottles in your liquids baggie again with other stuff (easier for females as we have numerous lotions/potions)

When packing juice dont use bottles bigger than 10ml (ie its better to take 3 x 10ml bottles than 1 x 30ml bottle, again just minimising attention)

If long haul when performance device may be needed about your person dismantle it completely to get through security and again jumble it up with other electronic type stuff and ensure you have padded SAE just in case it gets confiscated. When using it in flight visit the loo still using PG juice and blow vapour down your t-shirt/top, alternatively perfect Lights Double Inhale Stealth Vape technique (this is still a work in progress for me :) )

Good grief, anyone would think we are doing something illegal with all this malarkey!
However, we have all read of devices being confiscated, several airlines have now said e-cigs are not allowed and we do know that vapour can set off sensitive smoke alarms so its better to be safe than sorry folks (as Mom would say ;))

~Swan~

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
Re: Taking a flight with your e-cig
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »
Cheers Swan!

Do you know where e-cigs has been confiscated?

Offline SwanVesta

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
It was a UK airport security - will try and track down which airport

Offline TheCrazyCal

• Bodyworks Personal Training
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »
good post  8)

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »
It was a UK airport security - will try and track down which airport
Wow amazing. I though BAA were just perfectly fine with e-cigarettes.

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
we will never ever be accepted by the anti smoking brigade,  we are scum in their eyes.  get used to it.

Offline SwanVesta

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
it was East Midlands Airport

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
Thanks for finding this out, Swan. Was is a mod, or e-ciggy, liquids?

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

Offline igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
hi swan,

i have moved this to the FAQ section..........thank you very much for the info!  :D

cheers

scott