Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First time mixing  (Read 2885 times)

ealing fogman

• Why inhale the smog When you can snog the fog.....
First time mixing
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »

Just ordered 24mg pg base , vg base no nic and some perfumers apprentice flavourings, was going to mix 50/50 with the bases and then add flavour, I usually vape around 12mg , I,m a first timer , looked at the mixing calculater so kinda think I now what I,m doing , but any tips would be greatly  appreciated,also are the perfumers apprentice flavors strong was reading that 1 drop per 1ml is close,
Cheers Fogman........................

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Re: First time mixing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

In general terms 20 drops = 1ml and I tend to vape at around 20% flavor.... so my advice would be to add 3-4 drops of pa concentrate+  8 drops of base and 8 drops of vg which should put you at around 1ml of 10 mg juice (  not exact as I have not calculated it all out). The key to happy mixing is to start off with  1ml batches till your confident that your liking the recipe ;)

ealing fogman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:56:55 AM »

Cheers, will take it slow, but looks like it could work out quite a lot cheaper than buying readymixed liquid........................

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »

What flavours did you get from Perfumers Apprentice?  I love their stuff, twas a good choice  ;D

steffijade

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »

The strength of flavourings can vary quite a bit between suppliers and actual flavours. Personally, I've found Flavourart to be best for fruity flavours but I prefer Perfumers Apprentice in RY4. (if it's any guide, I made up a batch of PA RY4 at 20% but after it had steeped for a couple of weeks I had to dilute it down to about 12% because it had gotten very strong)
I think that generally, tobacco type flavours tend to need less flavourings... some of the Flavourart tobacco types only need about 5%.

It's a good idea to let mixes steep for a while (I'd say 24 hours at least) to fully develop the flavour as sometimes, a week or 2 can make a huge difference to the flavour. Mixing up small batches at first to experiment is best and when you hit on a recipe that you like you can up the quantities. Now that I've fine tuned my favourite recipes I tend to mix in advance, making up 100ml batches (easy to get percentages right using a syringe) when I'm about a week away from running out. This gives the liquid a week to steep and when I've run out of my current batch I have another batch ready to vape.

If you really get into the mixing, it's more cost effective to buy flavourings in bulk direct from the suppliers. Last bottle of RY4 concentrate I got from PA was 4oz (around 100ml) and it just dipped under the threshhold for import duty. I understand the import duty threshhold has dropped from £18 to £15 very recently though, so best to check if an order will attract duty or not. Flavourart are in Italy so being in the EU, there's no worries with import duty buy VAT still has to be paid. My last order from FA cost me just under 60 euros for 300mls including postage (though I used a discount code to get 10% off). The one big drawback with FA is that they can take a long time to deliver if the flavour you want isn't in stock.. iirc it took about a month for the 300mls to actually arrive after ordering.

It's well worth getting into mixing, not only because it can be cheaper in the long run but you can also fine tune flavours, PG/VG/PEG quantities and nicotine strengths.

Good luck with it. ;)

ealing fogman

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »

Thanks for all that info, really helpful,  I bought
Flavourart peppermint
PA blueberry
Pa pina colada
Pa coconut
Thought i would just get a few to start with and was going to start with 10% ratio and go from there, I have been looking at the calculaters, and because i bought PGnic base 24mg and I like to vape at 12mg approx, by the time I have diluted with VGbase I am going to end up with approx
60%pg 35%vg then the flavor, will this ratio be OK? I think the VG from LF is already diluted10% with water,
Cheers Fogman............................
Pages: [1]   Go Up