Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: .... On flavourings, a wide set of questions, pls help :)  (Read 8255 times)

leewink

.... On flavourings, a wide set of questions, pls help :)
« on: August 16, 2011, 05:16:00 AM »

Hi all,

First post so i'll tell ya a bit on me first off, out of vaping i'm a class one truckie living near stansted airport, and have vaped for about a month.

I went straight in on mixing, and have enough "stuffs" for over half litre in mixed base nic fluid, i mean pre flavour mix yea.

Right, this is my mix first off -

Base nicotine liquid 52mg (VG) - 3.5 ml     
Non-nicotine liquid (PG) - 5.5 ml
Flavouring(s) - 1.0 ml

Ive asked around (we'll leave that there as to where)  although ive had good advice to join here and post, all I get from "elsewhere"  (not the said referrence) is your mix is good, cant get it, very strange etc.

The thing is, I use decadent flavours and "another" stores range, and both seem gutless in flavour, as you can see, above is a 10% flavour, but ive mixed right upto 25% and its still .... well, junk TBH.

Mints and strawb and the fruits have come out good to an extent, but the rest (red bull, kola ... anything non-fruit or mint) junk.

I've ordered Flavourarts flavours now, and twinned a flavour with a ready mix of exactly the same, so i can mix and try both for comparison.

Whats your take on flavourarts flavs, compared to others, and please be honest, if you feel that a certain range is lacking, please say :)

I'm considering going all pre-mixed otherwise, as trial and error is very expensive, and i'm seeing alot of the error side !!

Thanks in advance, lee

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
Re: .... On flavourings, a wide set of questions, pls help :)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »

whenever i try to mix my own juice, all it does is confirm how much better the premixed chinese juices are and how much i miss vaping them....not really helpful i know but i thought i would throw it in.

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »

Hello Lee and welcome,

I'm sure that there will be some good advice heading your way as there are a lot of very experienced vapers and mixers here.

My experience is somewhat limited and am still finding my feet mixing, I has used Flavourart and Perfumers apprentice mostly, recently got some DV flavours from totally wicked, The Flavourart flavours have been reasonable, quite strong ( I have mostly tobacco flavours as that is what I prefer to vape) but I find that I am mixing more flavour in % terms than people suggest for tobacco. This might be due to the smoke damaged taste buds, but have also found that I get better flavour from low resistance boge cartos or dual coil cartos and direct dripping than when I use clearos. I am still trying out the DV flavours so have no opinion yet. Perfumers art are also good I have found (again mostly tobacco, with the exception of coffee, vanilla and watermelon)

I would say that my mixes have needed a lot of tweaking and they do not have the balance that the pre mixes have - I rate the Chinese tobacco flavoured liquids very highly but have no idea re other flavoured liquids, really like the vapourworld pre mixed.

One thing I would say is you can get double flavour pre mixed from oksmokey -  http://www.oksmokey.com/   -not yet tried them

I have used vapourworld.co.uk liquid - http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/page/1?sessid=sWf0sCVPTajarvDLLQkxS4CtZobJGHzYYRJU1k6d91WAU1asGmCJNStF2yplUlCu&shop_param=  I have liked the tobacco flavour liquids I have from there (54mls for a tenner, cheap and good)

I have also found that I have tweaked some of the premade flavours in small amounts to get what I want or to play around with.

I have also used the e liquid calculator on the ecr main page and had good results.

Good luck

grizwald56

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »

Take a look at my mixing guide on the UKvapers forum in the Mixology Laboratory, I cover most topics on mixing and flavours.

Might be of help to you.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum lee ;D  I mix all my juice and find it the most cost effective option for me. I have used many of decadent vapours flavors and think that peter does a great job but I have had several flavors concentrates that seemed flavorless :(  I now order most of my concentrates from Perfumers Appreciate ( ether directly or through Liberty Flights)  and have been very pleased with their quality/accuracy / value. Two suggestions that may help :
1 - mix in 1 ml batches till you find a recipe you like.  20 drops = a ml so 8 drops of 54mg VG +  8 drops of 0mg Pg + 4 drops of flavor = ~ 1 ml of 25 mg @ 20%
2 - increasing the %  of flavor does not always equate to better tasting vape.  I find that tobacco flavorings work best for me at 10-20% while fruity flavors work best at 20-25% . Also some mixes seem to benefit from steeping for several days.

I hope you are able to work out the mixing and find a recipe that works for you ;D

leewink

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »

Oki just got up for another shift, delivery came from lib. flights of my flavours, and the OK smokey 5 set of baccy ones, just carto'd the B+H - jesus, in 18mg strength, takes my breath in throathit !!

Will carry on with it  to give a better view, although for now i have noticed the standard strength of it is a little lacking in the flave department too, also have GV, drum, amber leaf and old holbourn.

I have read alot here, of peeps sticking to fruits, chocs, and flavours of the like, and as i seem to have luck there too, it may have just answered my queries ?

Thanks for all the posts,  and vape on :)

Lee

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »

I mix and have gone through a selection of the makes that are about. My fave flavourings are perfumers Apprentice. I have bought from their site in the US and now get mine from Liberty Flights....

There are some strong flavours from FlavourArts but it will depend on what you get...It can be trial and error for a while.

What kind of flavours do you like?...Are you sweet toothed or are you open to a range of flavours?

I mix a lot of my flavours at about 20% and I replace the water/vodka with flavouring. So when I use the mixing calculator on the forums home page I type in 15% for the flavouring and then add another 5% of flavouring replacing it for the water/vodka...

There are some flavours that only need about 3-5%, some menthols for example.....Spearmint is about 10-15% depends how strong you like it.

Peppermint is another strong one too....I use 3% with 17% Caramel Candy for a minty toffee flavour and you can play around with the ratios to your prefered taste.

leewink

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 04:58:46 AM »

" What kind of flavours do you like?...Are you sweet toothed "

Depends if there in or not  ;D    i'm only 38, never liked the things anyway LOL.

Nah, I like fruits - melon, apple, strawb, pear, lemon, orange, mango, kiwi etc etc, also like rum (although my made up rum is one thats really lacking, even 25%)

Not sure yet on choccy based stuffs, although in life i do like white choc :)

I think i may have to accept that a flavour as such isnt necessarily* a replication of the true life fruit etc, more a soft tasting version of.

PS. now i have vaped the B+H flavour (OK smokey) it seems its settling in, it was a new carto and very full, so maybe it was just the first few very "wet" drags that took my breath, now it doesnt, and resembles a good e-cig tobby taste, not a benson as i know it, but an acceptable alternative, now dying to try the rest of them, can see a desk full of carto's later :)

Vape on, Lee

PPS, I have a good range of fruits ready mades i ordered from lib' flights, so will get comparisons there too, although i have the hunch for some reason, ready mades will be better tasting, dont know why, we'll see :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:01:02 AM by leewink »

leewink

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »

Ok, knocked up a mango and melon mix of pre-mixes 18mg, ewwwhhhhh !!!

How can I put it, remember in the 80's when smelly school rubbers were the in thing, well its like chewing on the melon one, complete 100% chemical taste, real nasty rubbery melon'y aftertaste.

Filing this one under "B", this after a few ml only, makes me feel physically sick.

Tried the Drum OK smokey, ok, im a little to the point so here goes, you may aswell call it mayfair / solo / black cat / L+B bla bla bla, I was really excited to get the bottle in my hand, now, well, a little let down tbh, I loved GV and for an end of week smoke I had drum, lets say im glad i orderd it in a set box of 10ml, cos i wouldnt order a massive bottle, maybe they should consider taking the brand naming off their bottles .... 20 odd quid down on the learning curve !!

Let me ask this, can you put up the flavourings that dont resemble a rubber chemical dhingy, i have strawberry and kiwi which is nice, and the "mints" all seem good, jamaican rum is ok - bit weak maybe.

Is the pineapple, banana, apple rubber'y ?  in the f'arts variety ?

cheers, lee

leewink

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »

Another day if trials and tribs ....

The Virginia blend in PG 18mg is beautiful  !!   best tobby flavour out of them all  !!

Lesson 17 - buy pre-mix in tobby flavours, have ordered 3x30ml XO from LF.

I mixed the Virginia blend upto a 33% flavour mix, 10-20% gave me zero taste, over that tasted of tea, seriously !!   another one for filing under "B"  !!

Ordered the following flavours to mix like a LILT'y flavour - passion / mango / pineapple  -  will report back in due course, topped up on strawb and kiwi too :)    Ordered Jamaican Rum x3 from cloud 9 too, that is the best rum :)   had to whack up the percentage tho to appreciate it.

Its not all bad, I'm an honest person, and if its cr@p i'll say so, cant see the point of rating something otherwise, unless its for a further discount LOL.

Have fun and vape on, lee
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:36:40 PM by leewink »

leewink

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:34 AM »

Oki, been a while, i mixed the LILT style up, a 10ml mix with a 15% flavour, or 0.5ml of each passionfruit/mango and pineapple, LF branded.

This has come out trumps, lovely, nice allday'able vape, smooth and not overpowering flavour, although it seems the pineapple that ive ordered from 2 sites now has a plastic'ky chemical smell in the bottle, but as ive mixed three in at low concentrates, it doesnt transfer into the final taste, I so far wouldnt suggest a 15% flavour of pineapple on its own.

I have also just received apple and banana from TW - decadent, and these smell superb !!   will mix soon and comment ....

vape on, lee

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 12:22:59 AM »

I find the pineapples a little too harsh for my taste...I do love most of the bananas though  ;D

leewink

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »

yea agreed fi, its why i thought of mixing it down, deffinitely not one on its own, I may just knock up a quick 10 of banana :)

edit - whats ya taste on that, ok at 15% or a bit to much ?   choices choices
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:34:22 AM by leewink »

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »

I might actually try pineapple with caramel candy.....I'm sure it would be quite nice with any of the creamy type flavourings  ;D

leewink

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 02:07:51 PM »

could be nice yes, its a strong flavour though, is that caramel candy good ?  wheres that from and i'll bung it on my "to order" list :)

lee
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up