Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats the score?  (Read 1844 times)

debnjim

Whats the score?
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »

Hey guys and gals

Sorry if this info is sat somewhere and i have missed it but im wondering what the score is at the moment with ecigs in the uk. Seen some info on the possible banning of ecigs before the goverment changed and the possibility of the banning still taking place in the future BUT is there propper research going into the safety of ecigs (by a company the gov will actually listen too) and who is responsible for deciding what research the goverment does?

cheers

debs  ;D

CountryMick

• So good, you'll want to slap your grandma!
Re: Whats the score?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »

As I don't live in the UK and have the memory of a strained carrot, this post is far from the full story but here goes a brief summary. The MHRA has ruled this past spring to take a wait-and-see attitude towards e-cigs (also referred to as PV's, or Personal Vaporizers), waiting for more study data to become available before making a ruling on the subject. Though I've not come across a specific timeline before they take up the topic again, the general consensus seems to be they will wait 18 months (well, a little over a year now really) to allow research data to be collected and evaluated. As to what studies are specifically being performed or planned, may wish to check with MHRA or ECCA. Search for threads with ECCA in the subject title on this forum - there are some links in those threads that will flesh out more details for you.

Hope this helps.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »

Sorry Deb...I wanted to reply to this then I couldnt remember what the thread title was...

As Mick says...If you pop down to the ECCA part of the forum theres links to info there...Also if you havent already you can become a member to ECCA  itself and keep up to date on whats going on via the ECCA website.  http://www.eccauk.org/

I'm on the ECCA committee and I really must pop on the website a bit more often  :-[

xxx

debnjim

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Hey thanks Mick and Fiona

Forgot About this thread   ;D

I found some info in the end but should have changed this, found out my local council are for ecigs and decided to pester them :D

Ill still have a nosey at the stuff you have suggested though cause its still a tiny bit confusing  ::)

thanks

debs  :-*

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

No worries Deb...Thats interesting to know your local council supports e-cigs..I might have to have a chat to you about that  ;D

xxx
Pages: [1]   Go Up