Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big tobacco fights back  (Read 6254 times)

sadtranz

• Those of little faith are of little hatred.
Re: Big tobacco fights back
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

Think it will be a asthma inhaler shaped like a cigarette but could be wrong, if it is it will be useless

yeah but just imagine if it really does hit like an analog and gives you the same level of satifaction.   it would be great. you really could use it anywhere...
planes, trains, busses, pubs, resturants.....the buggers would never know you were using it and you would be laughing.
i'm not going to dismiss it yet till i try it.

May suit many but i don't know if i could manage without vapour,  it's a big part of smoking to me,,we will see

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Re: Re: Big tobacco fights back
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 07:21:46 PM »

Think it will be a asthma inhaler shaped like a cigarette but could be wrong, if it is it will be useless

yeah but just imagine if it really does hit like an analog and gives you the same level of satifaction.   it would be great. you really could use it anywhere...
planes, trains, busses, pubs, resturants.....the buggers would never know you were using it and you would be laughing.
i'm not going to dismiss it yet till i try it.

May suit many but i don't know if i could manage without vapour,  it's a big part of smoking to me,,we will see

I agree, gotta have some sort of smoke or vapour to keep me satisfied! :D

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

oh yeah i totally agree about the vapor,    i think that if it does work as claimed it would be a good weapon to have in your arsenal for the times that using an e-cig is not allowed.   something like that for me would always be a part time device......lol you could even use it for the bore that is shopping.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 12:47:25 AM »

I agree with you Pete...It would be handy to have...I am very curious to what they have in mind.

CountryMick

• So good, you'll want to slap your grandma!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 04:42:43 PM »

Agree that having a visible vapor is just as important as the nicotine hit. TBH, not sure how they plan to achieve a visible vapor with what they claim to be a non-electronic device. Only way I see this being achieved would be by using chemicals - so who knows what they're going to have to put into those things in order to give the same experience as a good vape. Not convinced of anything until they put a prototype on display for everyone to ooh and aah at.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »

They could have a very dry powder ( possibly monamonium phosphate - seems to produce a nice cloud in fire extinguishers ) or possible dry ice ,  thing is I am that I have grown to love my Little electric fog machines :P  vapor is a must for me 8)

digital_smoker

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »

I would make prefilled clearos and sell them in the shops alongside batteries. when you want one , buy a clearo and there ya go.

Khan

• Life is to short to take the LONG way....
    • http://drrcomputers.com
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »

I think that the biggest problem is that if they produce anything that looks like smoke or vapor, then the non-smoking crusaders will want it banned and it will be put in the same category as analogues and e-cigs... on the flip-side, if there is no visual stimuli.. then you might as well be using a nicotine inhaler like Nicorette here: http://well.ca/products/nicorette-inhaler_1615.html?currency=CAD&utm_source=googlebase&tm_medium=googlebase&tm_campaign=googlebase  IDK... just have to see what comes of it, I still believe that it will at least legitimize e-cigs to the mainstream.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »

If they give a good nic hit they will be great for places you cant puff out plooms of vapour. I would only us one for stealth nic hits  ;D

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 07:07:03 PM »

If they give a good nic hit they will be great for places you cant puff out plooms of vapour. I would only us one for stealth nic hits  ;D

+1.  wish they would make them before i fly over for vapefest,    i can feel the fear building already.

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »

Thats one the reason I dont like travelling Pete...Worrying about when I can get my nic hit is quite an anxious thing for me....

jaxx00974

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »

In my opinion, it is all about 'money' like everything in this worls is all about money !

For instance,, , Take your local supermarker that seels their cheap tins of beer,, , Which caused and uproar - What did the government do ? Di they say 'remove that product' ? NOPE, Did they say 'Place it out of marketing site and do not advertise it ? NOPE What did they do ? Yup They said  bump up the price ! ! ! Bigger the price hike the bigger slice of tax revenue for them ! ! !

DO they worry about our health from cigs ? No they dont, they are only concerned about the multi billions of pounds they make from them.

If you ask the opiinion of someone who has a financial vested insterest about e cigs they will always go towards money and profit. IF however you ask the layman in the street who's vested interest is his or her health then you will find e cigs are one of the best things isince sliced bread.

If they even invented a smoking alternative that had even ONE less carcinogen than real cigs then even a fool would agree it is the way forward ! E cigs remove ALL (they say !) carcinogens and killing tars and cancer related poisons and they have the cheek to say they are possibly unsafe ! BUT you can buy real cigs no problem as long as you pay the inflated price for them (money again)

The FDA is in the givernments pocket, always have been and always will be, too many men in the super hierarchy who stand to loose so much wealth if they dont play ball.

Keep it simple, ask the smoker on the street, like me, who smoked for years  and smoked sooo heavily who now uses an e cig or PV , they quite simply have altered my life, my health annd even my relatioinship with my partner (who would be in tears when she seen and heard me cough like and old man)

E Cigs and PVs WORK,, ,

If they discover in 10 years time it was damaging I am sure I will have lived 30 + years longer thank to them and the 4000 reaons I didnt die sooner !

Just my thoughts,

Lee.

stratocaster72

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »

I am concerned about all these threats to my new hobby.....

I see that in New York they have apparently banned e-cigs.........

My guess is that there will always be an underground way to get e-cig stuff, but i like the convenience of how it is at the moment.

But yeah, money money money.... i did wonder about all this, the more people stop smoking then the less revenue for the govt.  The patches and things seem to be thier anwer, which suits the big pharmas, and no doubt a pharma/cigarette company backed device would mean they can eliminate real e-cigs.

Cigarette companies are massive, if the e-cig revolution were not taking off then i doubt they would have noticed, our success is hopefully not our downfall.

Out of curiosity, whats the chances of an actual "ban" on e-cigs in the UK anytime soon?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up