Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DSE 808 Stick design  (Read 12365 times)

iStormUK

• Sugar Drizzling like a Cuttwood Sauce Boss
DSE 808 Stick design
« on: May 20, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »

Okay, just had this thing arrive today, as I've been wanting a 'Janty Stick' for some time now, but could not afford the 50 quid required.  With a lil cash, and some accrued credit I bit the bullet and bought this.  One day from order to arrival, quick as always from my favourite provider. :D

It came in a rather pretty presentation box, and had recently had its 801 atomizer replaced with something called a BE112, as standard now, not that I'd used either before.  I assembled the unit in quick time, using what looked like a silver-grey AAA battery, called a 10440, and put its easy to use brass tip on, to seal it in place, and the ring of light flashed three times to tell me it was in properly.  Took out a cartridge, and nearly passed out.  These things are huge, even my new Kittens eyes seemed to bulge in surprise at the size, I reckon a good millilitre will be needed to fill this behemoth. :o

Anywho, fully asembled I took my first drag, and nearly coughed up a lung, the throat hit was grand!  I'd been upset by the lack of performance of my 3.7v stuff of late, but this has reinvigorated my senses, and the flavour was amazing.  Crap flavour, but it was flavoured, and very deep and very much as I remember standard carts to be. (Though this lot had far less burnt sugar taste)

I've only had it about 3 hours, so this is a first impression, as it stands right now, I think this will easily become my go-to 3.7 device, without any LR mods or uber battery alterations.  The feel is great, the look is very much like a V2 Janty, with the battery cap actually being usable looking, with a hole for the lanyard, and I even love the LED, it turns purple, PURPLE! :o (Though only briefly)

Anywho, Cloud (the new kitty) wants some TLC, so I'll see y'all later.)

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Re: DSE 808 Stick design
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »

hi mate,

i just finished recording a review on the 808!

at 1st i wasnt too impressed when using the atomiser that came with it. but after a quick email to Abe and following feedback from his customers he has now swapped all the atomisers for a BE112...............vapes a treat now!  :D

cheers,

scott

iStormUK

• Sugar Drizzling like a Cuttwood Sauce Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »

Never used the original, came by default with the BE112, I'm loving it. :)

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »

lol, the original atty was pretty poor............you didnt miss much!  ;)

Moog

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 05:14:13 PM »

I noticed TWUK have a wicked stick for sale...I think it must be a Joye one and I don't really like Mr Wicked being on it.....I did wonder if it was a V3, anyone know? I will now check out the dse...

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »

hi mate,

the "wicked stick" looks just like a Janty Stick V3 to me  ;)

LF Abe

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 01:35:55 AM »

It''s the same as a v3 Janty so made by Joye.  What have they done with the logo on it? It's quite an excercise in branding. One thing I will say, that is an exceptional price on the body only. Looking at the Janty price list I can see how he can do it. Rather oddly, the DSE body is quite a bit more expensive at wholesale. but the whole kits are cheaper.

There is a V4 out in June.

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »

I'm keeping my piggy bank closed until v4 when we'll hopefully a better battery performance.

I think the lack of throat hit is all down to the atomizer. I bought a BE112 specifically because it had less throat hit (but more flavour) as I was finding the 510 a little harsh at 5V on my ECC passthrough (BE112+5V=Best Vaping Experiece Ever!).

I see that the horned one is selling easily removable stick friendly 501 -> 801 adapters for a fiver - this might be a solution for people who find the 808's bark better than its bite.

Moog

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 05:09:38 PM »

I use a 901 adapter in my V! jantysick and it works fine.....I also think it stops the thing from flooding,

Abe...it is a good price on the body but the logo is too much....

Jaded....i thought the wicked stick uses 801s and the adapter is for use with 510s.... :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:11:33 PM by Moog »

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »

yeah, i think TW have gone a bit OTT with the branding on their Janty wicked stick. just the devil head placed on the back would have been fine, but the full length body shot on the back plus a devils head on the button is a bit off putting to me.

Moog

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »

LOL....I use mine the other way round with the button at the bottom so in full show would be Mr Wicked....Even for me its a bit too childish and makes it look more like a toy....I think I would get a good bashing walking around town with that....LOL

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »

Jaded....i thought the wicked stick uses 801s and the adapter is for use with 510s.... :)

Yes - that's what I meant - an adapter that allows you to use a 510 atomizer. The advantage with the TW adapter is that it's easy to remove whereas a conventional adapter might be impossible to retrieve.

Tinytears

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 09:59:43 PM »

I take it the 302 attys are 801's, are they being called 302s for any reason?

Diane

Moog

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 10:20:46 PM »

I think Janty call their 801s 302s Diane.... :)

Tinytears

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 10:37:29 PM »

I see, a bit daft though, if you have a device and you always buy from another company searching for what you want won't bring you to TW.

Diane
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up